• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin1a

@Fluggi: Wow, that is madness!  It looks fantastic, not necessarily from an engineer's standpoint or a drivers standpoint, but from a artist's standpoint.  I think it would be drivable, it would just need some really good signage.

Haljackey

RickD: Nice work! I like your diverging diamond the best!

Tinkered around with SC4 a lot during the long weekend. Tweaked a lot of the interchanges shown below.

The new multi-highway layout. This was upgraded from the picture on the previous page.

Zoomed out:

A little further down the multi-highway. I think I have rebuilt this corridor 4 times.  :P

3-way interchange flyover. This also marks the end of the multi-highway.

Zoomed out:

This is by far the most congested section of highway in the city. Thing is I recently redesigned the ramps and it's is still clogged...

A large diamond interchange, which includes a GLR-in-ave underpass!

New "lane ends" signs installed along a RHW-6C near a RHW-4 transition.

A RHW-6C neighbour connection and a partial diamond with roundabouts.

The trumpet interchange seen zoomed out. Note it's proximity with the stack interchange to the north. That's why I decided to go with this type of junction.

Hope you enjoyed them!

GDO29Anagram

Looks amazing, Haljackey. I'll bet it was hell to rebuild just one corridor multiple times.

Quote from: Haljackey on October 12, 2010, 09:45:27 PM
A little further down the multi-highway. I think I have rebuilt this cooridor 4 times.  :P

iThink you misspelled "corridor"...

Alright then,... Here's my intersection. After all, it IS "Show us your Intersections"...

Here's the crazy part, though: This intersection does not even exist in the current version of the NWM, and this image was NOT Photoshopped... And no, I'm not a member of the NWM-NAM Team... And no, I'm not a secret Tarkus; I'm just a Happy Tree Friends fan artist whose secondary interests just happen to include Simcity 4. How did I figure out the texture? iFound a pattern in the texture numbering...

At the rate I'm figuring out things for myself, I may be able to turn the NWM into anything I want!!!

"You're crazy, Ganaram; Just fill in the holes..."

I'm just wondering what Tarkus and the others (And common onlookers) will think of this... (BTW, I don't have paths; I'm more comfortable with textures...)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

GDO29Anagram: Thanks, I corrected the spelling. That one must have slipped past me.  $%Grinno$%

As for reconstructing corridors, I enjoy the challenge. It also enables me to refresh urban development in the area. Sometimes nearby buildings are demolished, local roads are realigned, and new parks (open grass areas, high mast lighting and sound walls) are added which are YIMBYs for sims.

I think the intersection you posted is essentially half-done. If you extended the TLA-3 all the way you would get the intersection to the right in your picture. It's an interesting find, kinda looks odd how the intersection with the street is actually a few pixels closer to the centre of the street. Ah alignment problems...  :P

Rionescu

Quote from: Haljackey on October 12, 2010, 09:45:27 PM

Haljackey, I loved all your interchanges, but I have one question for you. Where did you download these ploppable tree lots? I've been looking for them forever and I've never been able to find them.

j-dub

QuoteEm..6S suddenly change to 4
(since has been edited from original shot, a transition was adjusted for later)

louistsw

Em..6S suddenly change to 4  :-\

And something new.
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

Nego

j-dub, what is that going over the RHW, some sot of new MIS bridge?

louistsw, that's a very pretty picture. :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 12, 2010, 10:53:21 PM
Here's the crazy part, though: This intersection does not even exist in the current version of the NWM, and this image was NOT Photoshopped... And no, I'm not a member of the NWM-NAM Team... And no, I'm not a secret Tarkus; I'm just a Happy Tree Friends fan artist whose secondary interests just happen to include Simcity 4. How did I figure out the texture? iFound a pattern in the texture numbering...

Nice! :thumbsup:  I believe I probably RULed that one (0x51004000, if I'm not mistaken) and then forgot about it. :D

-Alex

itsacoaster

I'm really loving the new curved ramps in RHW.  Here's something new I've come up with.  The RHW-4s and RHW-2 will join up to make a RHW-6C across the river.

j-dub

Quotej-dub, what is that going over the RHW, some sot of new MIS bridge?

Nego, I am glad you asked, I am afraid that bridge is just eye candy, at least for the cars, it was really designed as a bridge for the pedestrian's, placed after the ped malls (or similar sized paths) to hang over all networks 2 lanes and 2 tiles wide, and just happened to match up to the MIS, however after ten minutes real time in play, right after plopping, the traffic simulator will recognize it, and show it's colors over the bridge, but technically, no paths are present. Just to be sure I am not crazy, you may want to try it out for yourself. Click Here.

Nexis4Jersey

MattyFo

Cool video there Haljackey!  I was lovin' the beats haha :thumbsup:

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Ciuu96

Great video again Hal, your highways and light rail lines are just masterpieces!  :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

art128

Excellent video there, Haljackey ! I love it ! But that beats isn't my favorite, Ghost N stuff with vocals is better !  :P
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed the video!

art128: I would use the one with vocals, but it's too short lol!

Kevin1a

Wow, I would have blown up ages ago  :P  The city is definitely a masterpiece and there are a bunch of unique intersections.  Keep up the good work.  Those asphalt textures aren't really a big deal.  It just looks like the kind of crappy patch job they do here in Colorado Springs.

turtle

Super video Haljackey. Impressive city and a seriously complex transport network - I can see why you need a tank to drive those highways   :P

Here's my first two interchanges with the RHW:

I think they turned out ok  ()stsfd()
My name is Thomas...

io_bg

Yes, they're pretty good! Nice work! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November