• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... Ghetto's

Started by NikNik, December 22, 2006, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

wonderful ghettos and pictures @ all!

goin2chicago

sepsis, your pictures are awesome. my favorites are the ones of Vodo-Varbinsk. the soccer field and the little playgrounds make it much more realistic. great job!

Alfred.Jones

Very cool ghettos Sepsis :thumbsup: I love the chalk outline on the pavement :D

Sim City 4 Devotion

mightygoose

more ghetto shots.... ok so the last one is R$$ but shhhh

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

metasmurf

Nice shots :D in your last pic, the apartment buildings, where did you get them? are thouse Dt's lofts ? :D

Alfred.Jones

Those buildings the in second pic look very ghettoish ;D

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

tag_one

well done! the first pic looks really cool and ghetto style  :)

mightygoose

yeah these are DT's lofts and i may have some more ghettos to show you all later..

NikNik

Great stuff Mightygoose!

Love those highrises. Very nce repetition there. Did you use a lot of bulldozing or did you use the Aleking way (see his tutorials here on SC4D).

Lookingforward to more of this great stuff.

Nik-Nik

mightygoose

i use aleking's techinque to an extent although i usually tweak growth stages to change which ones appear. so i can have more choice of rowhomes lol. lots of making historical. trouble with some of the larger lots is that bulldozing is required and dezoning as zones sometimes break up after a while and grow as smaller lots, this is annoying but unavoidable. it usually takes somewhere in the region of 4 years to grow an entire ghetto, with pauses to demolish/make historical....

normally i build my ghettos first then make other stuff around them the tweak aesthetics last, here is a WIP shot of lake hewitt north.(a 7x3km lake give or take over two large tiles)

Cali

very ghetto---ey, makes me want to lock my car...lol
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Alfred.Jones

Great work Goosey ;D Looks very.... Ghettoistic ;D

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Fantastic picture and the ghetto looks "nice"! :thumbsup:

NikNik

Quote from: mightygoose on February 07, 2007, 09:04:18 AM
lots of making historical. trouble with some of the larger lots is that bulldozing is required and dezoning as zones sometimes break up after a while and grow as smaller lots, this is annoying but unavoidable. it usually takes somewhere in the region of 4 years to grow an entire ghetto, with pauses to demolish/make historical....

:P Thank god I thought I was the only one using this style. And I know, the zones breaking up is so annoying.

Nik-Nik

Masochist

mightygoose: Nice ghettos!  I like the ones with the plazas between them.  I always loved how RL cities always tried to "pretty up" their ghettos, but then they neglect the parks and stuff and they end up fitting in very nicely... %wrd.  Nice putting it far away from everyone...I gotta ask, though, how many people live there?  Do you know?
(Under Construction)

Antoine

Hello ! I show you my small gettho

Thornton

I don't know if this really is a ghetto but It's a pic I found when I was cleaning up My Documents

()what()

Cali

oh..yeah, very ghetto,  you can drop the kids of for pizza, and then cruise next door for some..uh hum.. ::)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

NikNik

Quote from: Cali on February 11, 2007, 07:25:16 AM
oh..yeah, very ghetto,  you can drop the kids of for pizza, and then cruise next door for some..uh hum.. ::)

LOL Cali.
It reminds me that I have a nice farming village where there grew 2 3 Steer Queers next to each other. Makes you wonder about those lonely cowboys.

EDIT Here's the pic:

Another pic that I have somewhere in the cupboard is of a flasher. I could not believe it when I saw it, but I think the legendary SG put this one into his lots. I will post a pic soon.

by the way this flasher is also seen behind one of these pizzerias:

End EDIT

Nik-Nik