• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Region Different in The Game Than SC4Mapper Save's

Started by luvs2draw, March 07, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvs2draw

Hello,
I am running Windows 10 64 bit HP Pavillion Notebook Laptop, Graphics: AMD Radeon R6 Graphics 1600x900 32bit color depth, Memory: Physical Memory 7,632 MB- Windows Memory 8,845 MB, L 2 cache 4,096 KB.

SC4Mapper is located in C> Program Files (x86)> SC4Mapper folder. SC 4, the game,  Is located in C> Program Files (x86)>GOG> Games> SimCity 4 Deluxe> Region> List of Regions that comes with the game.

Got a problem with SC4Mapper, hope you can help out. I Load or Create a region in Sc4Mapper and it loads fine, I can see the Region fine and it is all there. I then Save the Region and when asked to Name it, I leave the name that is showing the same as the Region I loaded. If needed, and it is missing, I add the SC4m file or the Grayscale JPG to the folder after the Region is saved. SC4Mapper save's the file in the Region Folder, in Documents, and I can open it fine.The Regions folder I am using is in, My PC> Documents> SC4> Regions> list of Regions

The saved Region folder is setup like this (if it was a SC4M or Grayscale Map) Shows: Grayscale JPG File or SC4M File> City list file's> config. bmp> region.ini file. I load the game and wait till it ask me to Load a Region, I select the Region I just made and guess what? Parts of the Region Map is missing. Where there should be land there is water, not all water, it saves water where water should be, just where the land ends at a shore line there are several places that show the shore line but next to that the land is missing and it shows water. Some Regions, it shows in the game, there are Region's where it should be water, there is land, set at a lower level than the ground around it. I would have added photos, just don't know how to, to show what I am describing.

Hope you have an answer to my problem.

luvs2draw

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 64 bit HP Pavillion Notebook Laptop, Graphics: AMD Radeon R6 Graphics 1600x900 32bit color depth, Memory: Physical Memory 7,632 MB- Windows Memory 8,845 MB, L 2 cache 4,096 KB.

Still having a problem with SCMapper. I Create a Region with SCMapper using SC4m or Greyscale image and the region show's up in the image window just fine. It is save in my Regions folder. I start the game and load the Region I just created and parts of the map is missing, the missing area's show up as water. I then load one of these area's and it will render the area as the missing land, I save the city and it show's up on the region map just fine. What am I doing wrong to cause this?

Any help would be very much appericated.

vortext

This isn't a solution or anything but I had happen this as well with the terraformer, only with tiles completely missing instead of being water. Opening the tile revealed everything was still there, and rendering just fine. At the time I chalked it up to 'random weirdness' and never bothered finding a solution. So... yeah, don't think you're doing anything wrong.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

luvs2draw

Thanks vortex for the answer. I quite worrying about it then. Just didn't know if I was doing something wrong.