• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Airport Modding

Started by k808j, November 26, 2008, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k808j

Can the in game airports be modded to use Tabi's or any other plane props?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

BarbyW

Basically no they can't without a great deal of difficulty.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

k808j

So if I wanted to use these props can I use the BSC functional airports? (If this is the case, you may close this post and I'll post my questions to that forum.) Also how do you change the props size so that they fit into the airport (example effects_sm prop)

RippleJet

Quote from: k808j on November 26, 2008, 10:36:18 PM
So if I wanted to use these props can I use the BSC functional airports?

You can change the appearance of any in-game airport.
You can open them in LE, change props and textures, and you can save them.
Saving will create a SC4Lot file that includes a replacement airport for one of the in-game ones.

The main problem with relotting the in-game airports (especially the international ones) is that they are very close to the upper limit of 1,280 item on the lot.
If you add more items and exceed that limit, those additions will simply disappear when you save the lot.

On grow stages 2 and 3 of the international aiport Maxis actually exceeded this limit, but solved it by removing some base textures.
This in turn leads to the fact that you cannot save any of those two lots until you have added those missing textures (and removed some props or overlay textures instead).

You can of course also edit any functional custom airport (included in AC Functional Airports) and save it, which would overwrite the existing one.
Each "save" would also create a new item icon though, replacing a possible custom one.

However, you cannot change the lot size of any existing functional airport,
and you can never create a new airport with "Save as".

Thus, you're not able to create your own unique functional airports...
...unless you download AC Functional Airports, Version 2.0, which so far isn't available, but soon will be... ::)

Quote from: k808j on November 26, 2008, 10:36:18 PM
Also how do you change the props size so that they fit into the airport (example effects_sm prop)

You cannot change the size of any effects, and not really of any ordinary props either.

k808j

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: RippleJet on November 27, 2008, 02:14:43 PM
However, you cannot change the lot size of any existing functional airport,
and you can never create a new airport with "Save as".

Thus, you're not able to create your own unique functional airports...
...unless you download AC Functional Airports, Version 2.0, which so far isn't available, but soon will be... ::)

So, then, how could I go about making a completely new functional airport? I want to make a smaller version of the SWAP Airport Tram without replacing the existing one.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

RippleJet

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 03, 2009, 10:58:51 PM
So, then, how could I go about making a completely new functional airport?

Unfortunately I ran out of time when compiling AC Functional Airports 2.0, and was unable to get the blank custom airports included.
The aim was to attach them in the same way as the blank seaports were included in BSC Functional Seaports 2.0.
For the time being I will have to ask for you to wait for a future upgrade...

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 03, 2009, 10:58:51 PM
I want to make a smaller version of the SWAP Airport Tram without replacing the existing one.

Use the included 1×1 and 2×2 airport bus stops instead. ;)

woodb3kmaster

Thanks for clearing that up, Tage. Since the maximum capacities for the smaller bus stops are so low, I want to increase them, but I'm unsure how much work that will entail, since they're upgradeable. Which DAT are the capacity exemplars for each stage in?

Nuclear City - 5/8

RippleJet

They are all inside AC Functional Airports, Version 2.0.dat.

For the smaller bus stop, open the above file in Reader, and browse down to file Num 198.
That's the controller (developer exemplar) for the smaller bus stop.

It contains a property named Trip Capacity List (in hex):
0x000000C8,0x00000258,0x00000578,0x00000960,0x00000E10,0x00001450

Those are the capacities for all 6 growth stages (from 1 to 6) of the bus stops (in dec):
200, 600, 1400, 2400, 3600, 5200

woodb3kmaster

Thanks, Tage! I ended up figuring that out on my own, although I modded the 2x2 bus stop instead. I edited the Trip Capacity List property, as well as the capacities of each growth stage individually (in their respective exemplars). That should do the trick, right?

Thanks again for your help!

Nuclear City - 5/8

RippleJet

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 12, 2009, 07:15:03 PM
Thanks, Tage! I ended up figuring that out on my own, although I modded the 2x2 bus stop instead. I edited the Trip Capacity List property, as well as the capacities of each growth stage individually (in their respective exemplars). That should do the trick, right?

Yes, although the individual capacity setting in the building exemplars doesn't seem to have any relevance.
It's been left in there just to be on the safe side. ;)