• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

I doubt that this would be released at all since they have RL issues. dont get your hopes up on releasing it on new years day. ()sad() and please stop guessing. it only pushes them back even more. &mmm

Tarkus

Quote from: Zack on December 26, 2008, 12:59:31 AM
I doubt that this would be released at all since they have RL issues. dont get your hopes up on releasing it on new years day. ()sad() and please stop guessing. it only pushes them back even more. &mmm

Reverse psychology, eh? :D

Well, the mod's nearly done, and I don't have any major RL coming up. ;)  And I don't really dictate the releases based on folks' guesses, either.  Stuff just . . . happens.   ::) 

RHW Day is imminent.

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... Excitement building!

So RHW day's imminent eh?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Zack

Quote from: Tarkus on December 26, 2008, 01:43:48 AM
Reverse psychology, eh? :D

Well, the mod's nearly done, and I don't have any major RL coming up. ;)  And I don't really dictate the releases based on folks' guesses, either.  Stuff just . . . happens.   ::) 

RHW Day is imminent.

-Alex (Tarkus)
I hope so alex because im sick and tired of people make guesses. they just have to wait :P

cammo2003

Quote from: Zack on December 26, 2008, 02:06:04 AM
I hope so alex because im sick and tired of people make guesses. they just have to wait :P

It doesn't stop for long though... Pretty soon people start guessing on the next version, lol.

:D ::)

MandelSoft

Dec. 26th isn't Boxing Day here in the Netherlands, it's 2nd Christmas Day.

Let me guess... 31 December 2008

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

QuoteRHW Day is imminent.

Imminent? That sounds good to me.

Pat

I know when RHW v2.0 becomes locked again and no longer supported then I will be excited!!! I will then know for sure RHW v3.0 will right around the corner for sure!!! Or at least I would hope soo hehehehe  :D :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Korot

Some months ago they closed RHW v2.0, and now you can download it again, so I don't think that a locked v2.0 should be considered a big marker of arrival.

j-dub

That lock on 2.0 was to prep for 3.0, but that was before stuff was changed at the last minute. Again though, don't expect an 08 release.

michl

I live the RHW-Mod. I hope, that it will be realised soon.  ;)
Hi, Greetings to everybody

My Metropolis Harlin:
http://www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4502.0

Teublitz Fire Department http://www.ff-teublitz.de

TheChosenOne

Tarkus

Just to clarify--I'm not relocking RHW Version 2.0.  There will just be a straight transition from Version 2.0 to 3.0.  The only indicator will be checking the "update" date on the LEX and STEX uploads--and any announcements I make here. ;)

And I'm not giving an inch on the release date. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Hey Alex, one quick question.
On the list of included components of v3.0, it says
QuoteElevated MIS/Avenue Intersection Puzzle Pieces (all orthogonal/orthogonal)
Are there also going to be pieces to intersect road, OWR, etc.? Those would be really helpful on some of my interchanges.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

andreharv

In version 3 would it be possible implement a rhw4,6,8 etc neighborhood connection or will we need to make the loop intersection?  This may have been asked before so I apologize in advance.

Tarkus

deathtopumpkins, to answer your question, it's not likely for Version 3.0.  Version 3.1, however, most certainly. ;)

andreharv, as far as the neighbor connections go, you'll still need Loop Connectors for the RHW-4, built as described in the FAQ.  The same premise applies with the Wider RHWs, though they're a little bit simpler and less visually obtrusive to build.

Here's what a proper RHW-6S connector looks like:

Basically, you just need to connect the two tiles of the network with an RHW-2, so as to break the override, which creates the 2-way pathing at the city edge, which the game needs in order to read the connection as being passable by commuters.

Getting close still . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

QuoteAnd I'm not giving an inch on the release date.

Really?

QuoteRHW Day is imminent.

QuoteGetting close still . . .

I consider that giving a centimeter -- probably not an inch  ::)

TheChosenOne

Hello Tarkus!
I have a question, the starter pieces will include the both directions for traffic? I mean, for example, the starter piece for the RHW-8 will be like the one for the RHW-4 in version 2, that we need to rotate in order to make two roads going in opposite directions? Thanks in advance!
-TheChosenOne

nerdly_dood

Quote from: TheChosenOne on December 27, 2008, 07:32:09 AMI have a question, the starter pieces will include the both directions for traffic? I mean, for example, the starter piece for the RHW-8 will be like the one for the RHW-4 in version 2, that we need to rotate in order to make two roads going in opposite directions?
If RHW v3 will be used in anything like the same way that RHW v2 is, then yes you will be able to use all puzzle pieces in all rotations. Keep in mind, though, that there will be rather limited diagonal functionality - much more than in v2, but still somewhat limited.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!