• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

Excellent loting, I like the modularity.  :) Perfect to create a commercial port for an average metropolis. This is just what I need.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Excellent  &apls

I'm hoping to finish the massive SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 in time, so that you can use some of the new toys I made.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hello everyone!

Well finally I got the time and put together this little set of diagonal IRM walls expansion.
Altogether this pack contains 15 new lots based on T-Wreck's IRM Fillers, each set gets 5 new pieces (2 full concrate - one with grass props, one without them -, 2 sidewalk-concrete - same variation like concrete version - and a dirt-concrete).

Heretic IRM Fillers Diagonal Walls Expansion

Special thanks to Simmer2 for making the requestied overlays! :) And of course for T Wrecks, who made the original IRM set!

Small update on the SeaPort side:

- Tyberius

EDIT: Broken image links
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

brick_mortimer

Wow!
Thanks for the IRM walls  :thumbsup:
I love the IRM walls and a diagonal expansion is awesome!

Here's a banana for you

:bnn:

Wait, it's worth at least 3 bananas  $%Grinno$%

:bnn: :bnn: :bnn:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

matias93

Wow, that relot was really fast. You may have broken a record!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Hi Everyone!

I've been working recently on the SeaPort expansion again. So far 16 new lot, more is on the way but I've seen some very promising WIP projects ( @Simmer2, who is always busy with something nice and fresh, and @Krasner, who is working on a very nice modular factory, and I intend to use those buildings/props), and I'm waiting for these releases, not to mention Angry Mozart WIP railcar props... Therefore as an attachment/link (google drive link) I'm gonna share half of my upcoming SeaPort Exp. vol. 2 as a BETA release, because after the Exp vol. 1 was released, I read some requests, if I could remove the tall light cones from the lots. Well, I finished those lots a couple of months ago, but I was waiting for my mood/energy/time to finish the rest of the expansion, which as I mentioned still in progress. After a little more looking on those lots, I found, that I used way to much from that light cone prop, so made two version, one without cones, one with a reduced measure of cones.

The Heretic SeaPort Project Expnsion Vol. 2.0 BETA folder contains two other subfolders:

1. Heretic Projects: If you want to use the lots WITHOUT light cones (NLC - No Light Cones), copy this folder into your plugin folder. These files will NOT override the existing ones, so in the seaport menu you will have two copies from some lots, one with cones, one without. They have the same stats as the original ones.

2. Heretic SP-Dock - Yards, Transitions and Ports (Reduce Light Cones - Override): If you want to use the lots a reduced amount of light cones, this is your version. I don't want to update, the original uploads (again), so I made these files as an override. Into the main folder you will find the Heretic Projects folder, copy this folder into your pluging folder, and let your program to overwrite the existing ones.

You can use together these two versions (NLC and the Reduce Light Cones - Override), but they have the same stats.

The previously showed Roundhouse and Railyard lot has been put away a little bit, because I have to learn first how to use the PhotoShop, and how to make custom textures involved with rail textures and lots of other funny things. It's really not my cup of tea, so it will take a little while... But you have Simmer2 very nice Roundhouse Lots anyway... :)

And now a little picture show about the still in progress expansion part...

1. VolksWagen Factory Complex - SeaPort Version

2. Warehouse Docks Row - There are transitions between this set and the PEG-CDK3 set.

3. Warehouse Docks Rail - well as the pictures shows it contains rail line, there are transitions between this set and the PEG-CDK3-SP set (I mean the Heretic Version, not the original set)

4. Warehouse Dock Rail - DTR-STR version, it fits with my other lots from the DTR-STR set

5. Warehouse Dock Rail - STR Only. It fits with my other lots from the STR only set.

I will make some other transition pieces, there will be some more industrial railyard and factory facilities, the DTR-STR and STR ONLY set will get 1-2 more pieces.

And now, the link: Heretic SeaPort Project Expnsion Vol. 2.0 BETA, 7-8 monts way to long, sorry for the waiting, as I mentioned I wanted to release together these stuffs, but since this part is ready, and it was a request anyway, so I share them now, because I don't know when will the full release be ready... Details about how to install it can be found the top of the post.

Dependencies are the same as the original uploads here and here.

Enjoy! :)

- Tyberius

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

carlfatal

This is a very serious lotting thread.  :thumbsup:

So you are the maker of the heretic stuff, and well I must say, your lotting is simply great. What you did with PEG´s seaport - wow, you made the set actual again and nicer than before. BUT...

But nothing compared to this new seaport parts! Rails at the waterfront!  :bnn: In fact the new pictures show the first seaport in SC4, that looks realistic. I often tried things in this directon but never had a really good idea. Now I can lean back and wait until you release...  $%Grinno$%

And the VW factory is another damn good relot. Perfect with the small harbor - and placing more than one of these in a row should end with a composition, that looks exactly like in Wolfsburg. Very nice and another must have.  &apls

Simmer2

Fantastic work Tibi &apls

The container project I'm working on will match your base textures so that the lots can sit adjacent to each other.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

tigerbuilder

You feel like you've taken too long??

Dont think that! Not only have you kept on adding lots, but improving them too. All your work on this project has us rail and seaport fans drooling. Like the NAM says, it's ready when it's ready. There is no rush...we just are eager to use your seaport set, that's all.

The new lots look awesome, as usual. You are very talented.

As for overriding your lots for people's requests...I consider that a them problem. Those users can lot edit themselves if they didn't like what you placed. Or if they don't care for high tower lights, they probably need to create an override themselves to blank that prop from all their lots. I only bring this up as I'd rather see you working on your own visions than lotting for specific users, in a polite a way as possible.

Cheers, tiger

Vizoria

Fantastic lotting work! You are the king of industrial relotting!

FrankU

This is beautiful work and it makes mee feel like working on several other projects too. But pitifully I have a family which needs food and housing, so I have to dedicate some of my time to earning money....

Tyberius06

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank to everyone the kind words and support! :) &apls

@carlfatal: Thank you! I've got  the inspiration (about the rail lines at the waterfront) from american action movies, where always there is some car chasing scene through industrial areas and you often can see rail lines at the waterfront under huge cranes come along with old and rusty warehouse buildings etc...

@Simmer2: Thank you!  :)
I can't wait your new toys! :) The new oil tank rail cars are awesom, and I'm especially happy with the timed props! :) Anyway, I know they are very different sets, but whenever you have time, is there any chance that you might release all the timed props (families) what you made so far - including the jes railcars timed props as well - into a separate dependency pack.

@tigerbuilder: Thank you, I appreciate the kind words! :)
Well, in the very first release I hadn't used those lamp posts, because totally forgot about them, and with the first update and first expansion I updated several lots with them. Well some of the lots after this process looked like a porpentine, which wasn't entirely my intention, but I was quite happy with them. After I few comment I revisited the lots, and made a no light cones version, and the reduced version (I'm using this one anyway) which became the override. Now I hope it's OK for the interested parties! :)

@Vizoria: Thank you very much your kind words! :)
I'm not doing any special, just try to filling the gaps in my cities, and sharing the results! :)

@FrankU: Thank you!
I totally understand... :)

Just a quick update, I started this monster just today after @mattb325 was so nice and shared his beautiful Industrial Hight Tech buildings over at STEX (http://community.simtropolis.com/tags/i-ht/). It's a very raw scetch in this moment, I've just placed the buildings and tried to draw rail lines...

Let me introduce the Industrial Harbour Rail - MattB325's High Tech Industry Complex.

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Hi Tibi.
Not sure about high tech buildings clearly intended for a cleaner "wealthier" zone, would look right in a dirty low wealth enviroment.
You may want to rethink your strategy.

Nick

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!
You are absolutly right... BUT nobody says it should be placed in a dirty low wealth enviroment. It's up to the player where he/she places this/these lots. :) Maybe it's not ultra-realistic to put high tech stuff on the waterfront, I don't know, but not necessarily has to put this lot next to a dirty industry factory. There will be a few more I-Ht waterfront lots and in this set a couple of very generic and static waterfront element (warehouses, transition pieces between different sets and "end" lots among them). So eventually it can be made I-Ht "clean" seaport area, and don't need to mixing with the other dirty stuff. For example in my region I'm planing to build a quite clean city, mostly high tech industry, and this seaport can fit there.

- Tyberius

noahclem

Wow, that's an impressive set of waterfront lots  &apls  Really like your choice of bats and all the rail connectivity. This set will be a real help with harbor possibilities and it's great to hear they'll also interface with Nick's work along the same line--keep it up  :thumbsup:

c.p.

This looks like a great set in development :thumbsup:  I think it will be great to be able to transition the waterfront from dirtier industry to high tech as the demand changes in the city.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Thanks for the support and kind words to everyone!
Recently I've started making my first custom textures, and I ran into a little issue. So I need a little help/advice what the mistake is what I made.
My first few textures are appearing nicely and int the intended order in the LE and PIM-X too, but ingame only the first texture from the pack is appering. I attached 2 pictures, the first one is a compare picture between the PIM-X and INGAME. The 2nd picture shows what I see in the SC4 Tool, where I created the pack.

Thanks for any help in advance!

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Tibi.
Drop me a PM with a link to the files.
I would need the original pngs and the 9 texture dat you made.

I will look in to it.

Nick

vortext

This has all the hallmarks of wealth texture family spoiling the plot once more. See this post under the heading Fifth digit - wealth marker for more info and see if it applies to how you've set up your texture IID range. I reckon it does since the IIDs pictured have a zero as 5th digit, i.e. they fall under a wealth family.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Hi Tibi
You got mail  ;)

Erik, that is exactly the issue he is having (plus another I cought while dat packing). I fixed it for him and I told him to talk to you about getting a proper IID format from the range he has been issued.

PS. That app of yours is awesome!!

Nick