• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

modular universitys?

Started by l.h., June 04, 2007, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.h.

Is there any plop lots for University's that are out because I was sure I had seen something about this.

Glenni

Well, SYM productions was working on it, but it kinda died... &mmm

l.h.

Thanks. I was sure I had seen something on it but I couldn't recall if anything had been done.

Gaston

Actually I downloaded a modular university from some where.   I can not figure out where the heck I got it from.   I had trouble because there are some missing dependencies.    I posted a while back asking if anyone remembered where they came from but never got any responses.    %confuso   Maybe someone will post here that is familiar with where it came from.    I'll thy and post some pics of the lots that the buildings show up on.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

jplumbley

There is a modular university pack at ST as far as I thought.... But it contains only the MAXIS models and no new models were made.

There has been talk about starting a Modular University Pack, I know of a few modellers who are interested in it but there hasnt been any progress since it has been proposed, everyone has been busy with other things like CAM, NAM, wou's X Tool, school, RL, etc.   Im sure one day it will happen, but we figure it will take about 20 school buildings to make an outstanding modular university, and months to complete like the MAPP project.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

l.h.

Quote from: jplumbley on June 05, 2007, 08:44:54 PM
There is a modular university pack at ST as far as I thought.... But it contains only the MAXIS models and no new models were made.

There has been talk about starting a Modular University Pack, I know of a few modellers who are interested in it but there hasnt been any progress since it has been proposed, everyone has been busy with other things like CAM, NAM, wou's X Tool, school, RL, etc.   Im sure one day it will happen, but we figure it will take about 20 school buildings to make an outstanding modular university, and months to complete like the MAPP project.

Well anything would be better then default setup since it's rather blocky if you know what I mean.

Gaston

l.h. ,
   I just sent you a copie of the above mentioned modular university.   Like I said it is missing a dependency or two (I think the University Center building and one other)    If you can figure out who made it and get the missing dependencies, let me know.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

l.h.

Quote from: Gaston on June 06, 2007, 08:26:44 PM
l.h. ,
   I just sent you a copie of the above mentioned modular university.   Like I said it is missing a dependency or two (I think the University Center building and one other)    If you can figure out who made it and get the missing dependencies, let me know.

---Gaston

Thanks but that might be beyond my capability's. I checked them out and there was only a couple of buildings it seemed that actually needed dependencies.

Gaston

Wish I had a clue where it came from.   I have no idea who made it.   But it is pretty kool isn't it l.h. ?   I'll still try and post some pics, unless you get a chance to post um.    Maybe someone will now who's it is.

---Gaston
白龍

vester

I download something like from STEX. Some of the first stuff. Not really worth downloading.
Probably modded as they knew how to then.

I would not bother with them.

l.h.

Quote from: vester on June 08, 2007, 01:31:50 PM
I download something like from STEX. Some of the first stuff. Not really worth downloading.
Probably modded as they knew how to then.

I would not bother with them.

Yeah I actually was able to use a existing university and fit it in pretty well with where I wanted it to be.

SC4BOY

All that and you don't give us a link???  ()what()

sithlrd98

Well , I'm not sure of the exact  university lot everyone here is talking about but , Dmscopio has made a university pack that is pretty good!

TWAK

Quote from: sithlrd98 on November 21, 2007, 03:12:09 PM
Well , I'm not sure of the exact  university lot everyone here is talking about but , Dmscopio has made a university pack that is pretty good!
That set looks great, but the file is unavailable.  Would anybody have it?

Gaston

I thought this was dead a long time ago.    But here are the pics os the modular university I was talking about.

As you can see there are some missing props on some of the pieces.

---Gaston

白龍

Pat

looking OK there Gaston, too bad you couldnt fill in the missing props with somethin!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gaston

LOL   Yeah Pat.    When I first posted to this thread, I just wondered who made this.    Now I'd like to find the missing props as well.     I obviously found it somewhere I just have no idea where.   LMAO

---Gaston
白龍

XiahouDun

That appears to be Woodworks University by woodb3kmaster. Its on the STEX http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=1818&v=1, and he has an account he is active on here too :thumbsup:

JBSimio also has his University of Clayhurst, which was released onto the LEX DVD.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Kokopelli

I make my own universities using ploppable apartment buildings for dorms, various landmark and commercial buildings. They look pretty good.

westamastaflash

Quote from: XiahouDun on December 26, 2008, 09:37:03 PM
That appears to be Woodworks University by woodb3kmaster. Its on the STEX http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=1818&v=1, and he has an account he is active on here too :thumbsup:

JBSimio also has his University of Clayhurst, which was released onto the LEX DVD.

This link appears to be dead. Anyone know where we can find this now?