• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gizmo waterflora (with/without transparency)

Started by shanethemain, August 02, 2007, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanethemain

Hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me whether Gizmo's amazing waterflora modd is available w/out the transparent water. As I'm already using a water modd that is pretty see-through, I have no real need for it, however, the floras themselves I would be interested in using all the time. I remember seeing a forum thread on Simtropolis from Jeronij about ploppable trees which mentioned the flora w/out transparency, but when I finally saw the thread, the links had disappeared. And now I notice on Gizmo's site that he has 2 versions of the waterflora (v1 and v2)... would one of those two do the trick? 

Any help would be a huge lifesavor!!

Thanks very much!

Travis

Either one will do, but if you don't want the transparency, you'll need to make sure your water mod loads after the water flora in the plugins
folder. Just add a "Z" to the water mod file-name, that should do the trick.  :thumbsup:

Rayden

Swamper77

Quote from: shanethemain on August 02, 2007, 11:03:53 AM
Hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me whether Gizmo's amazing waterflora modd is available w/out the transparent water. As I'm already using a water modd that is pretty see-through, I have no real need for it, however, the floras themselves I would be interested in using all the time. I remember seeing a forum thread on Simtropolis from Jeronij about ploppable trees which mentioned the flora w/out transparency, but when I finally saw the thread, the links had disappeared. And now I notice on Gizmo's site that he has 2 versions of the waterflora (v1 and v2)... would one of those two do the trick? 

Any help would be a huge lifesavor!!

Thanks very much!
Shane,

In order to remove the transparency of the water mod, you will have to modify it yourself with the Reader. The file you will be looking for inside the DAT file is the one named "Terrain Properties". Simply remove that file and save the DAT file to apply your changes. In the game, the completely transparent water will be gone and only transparent near the shoreline.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

shanethemain

Thanks everyone for the advice/help!!!! That was EXACTLY what I needed to know!

Cheers!