• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Glad to see you back! Very nice update with a variety of scenes and great maps and roads  :thumbsup:

Exla357

The jumper returns!

Weeelll I must admit those pictures are absolutely stunning! Once again your eye for custom  content astounds me. Keep. It. Up.

-Alex

nedalezz

Awesome in every sense of the word! Just amazing!

Where do I start - your rivers looks beautiful! The urban areas around your rivers also look gorgeous.

The farms - teach me! They look so realistic.

peter007

Great pictures. It's a very nice and rural area.

Soooo Nice

-Ernst

Kevin1a

Everything is looking better than ever.  I particularly like the use of the rural light rail along the canal next to the apartment blocks in the first picture.  It looks very authentic.

Also, in 42-03 there appears to be a chalk outline or a shooting target next to the house in the middle of the picture.  Care to elaborate? ;)

Dantes

Woah, that looks really fabulous.  :) Only the palm trees Maxis interfere in the pictures. &mmm  I like everything else much. Great details!  :)

ricardomiranda

Well done the river, canals, roads .. excellent work you have here .. and thank you for providing the dirty channels!

canyonjumper

CSGforums

Robert (sepen77): How did you even see that? Did you take a magnifying glass and go over every centimetre of the pictures?? :P Thanks for covering your criticism with a flattering remark ;D

Felix (riiga): Darn character limitations :P

SC4Devotion

David (dedgren): Always an honour to have you in my humble thread David, thanks for the comment ;D

Ioan (io_bg): Thanks! I have no idea what the camera gear is, I just borrowed it from my dad for a bit. Any pictures I show in the future will probably be from my shiny new iPhone 4S ;D

bat: Thanks!

sumwonyuno: Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Raphael (RickD): Thanks!

Ol.S / Benoit: Thank you very much!

Noah (noahclem): Thanks! Glad you liked them; lots of effort went into them.

Tomas (Tomas Neto):Thanks my friend ;D

Alex (Exla357): Hope these new pics are stunning as well! Thanks for swinging by ;D

Nedal (nedalezz): Wow, thanks Nedal! Would you like it if I wrote a tutorial? And if I did, would you want me to cover how I use the SPAM as well, or just individual farms?

Ernst (peter007): Thanks!

Kevin (Kevin1a): Thanks, that's what I was aiming for ;D And regarding the outline, it was a result of a family brawl which ended fatally. Infidelity, excessive spending, inflammatory insults, meticulously planned revenge plots, this family was doing it all.

Dantes: Yeah, I tried finding a different set of fence lots without the palm trees, but to no avail, and I didn't feel like reLOTing them.

ricardomiranda: You are very welcome ;D

Hello again! It's about time I returned again, no? I blame school. I know that's my favourite excuse for delayed updates, but I really have been busy. I got my driver's licence three weeks ago, and apparently I can't reverse at all. Nearly crashed into a telephone pole when I accelerated instead of hitting the brake :P I also just got a job; my first shift is tomorrow, so that'll be interesting. Got myself a shiny new iPhone 4S this morning, so that's awesome.

Ok, picture time ;D Just a small update today, 2 SC4 pics and two other ones. I don't have a lot of time to write descriptions, so just imagine some, ok? :P As always, click for full res.

43-01

43-02

43-03

43-04

43-05
I forgot the Republic of Lombardy (the brownish colour) in the legend :P

Hope you guys enjoyed this instalment of Cascadia, I'll see you next time (as usual, I have no idea when that may be :P )!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. Could a moderator please take the stuff in the parentheses out of my signature? With the forum upgrade I can't edit it myself. Thanks in advance.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nbvc

wallasey

The image of Cranbrook is simply immense, Well done there!

Dantes

bat

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

canyonjumper

"Conflict"

As I draw back the curtains, I can see a desolate, stygian wasteland. Several bright conflagrations burn in the nearby houses, and as I watch, the house across the street collapses in on itself. In the distance, I can make out the hulking shadows of the ruined downtown core of my once-proud city. The crimson glow of the clouds above indicates that the city is still burning. I myself cannot see past the haze of pitch black smoke hovering over the harbour. Fighter jets scream overhead like banshees, and I see the bombs they drop fragment, and then scatter as dozens of smaller, more lethal explosives detach themselves. They all detonate simultaneously with a thundering bang.

A fusillade of gunfire to my left attracts my attention. What sounds like dozens of machine guns firing in concert temporarily deafens me, and I wait for the ringing in my head to become quiescent. Straining my ears, I hear a loud keening sound coming from above my head. Abruptly, it becomes more evident as a squadron of Boeing F/A-XX jet fighters begin offensive manoeuvres over downtown. An earth-shattering bombardment commences, but the attack itself was obscured from my view by the still billowing clouds of smoke.

Everything ceases. The gunfire, the aircraft, the bombings; all abate. After a few moments of a deathly quiet, a counterfeit sense of imperturbability develops. A brief, quixotic thought comes to mind, that the whole ordeal has concluded. The abeyance expires with a solitary aircraft buzzing over the skyline, heading towards my vantage point. A small package detaches from the belly of the bomber, and begins its mortiferous descent. As it loses altitude, a whistling sound emanates from the missile, and the primordial instinct to flee overwhelms me, but my body impugns my ability to move. Paralyzed with fear, I stand facing the open window, and follow the trajectile as it arcs towards the surface.

A crimson-tinted haze of smoke occludes the missile from view as it nears the nadir of its flight. A few minutes of silence follow the impact. A shrill cry for help shatters the lull of the battle. A rolling mass of yellow-green gas slowly approaches me. I recognize the cloud, not from its murky colour, but from the smell of bleach lingering in my nose. It is chlorine gas, first used by the Germans during the First World War. Stupefied, I stand inert, cynical that the Americans would actually use an internationally-banned weapon in combat. Quickly sprinting to the kitchen sink, I soak a cloth to be used as a respirator. A burning sensation begins on my skin, and I chance a quick look out of the open window. The toxic cloud is advancing across my street. Speedily, I run to my third-floor bedroom, hoping I am high enough; I don't want to be asphyxiated by the cloud. Walking over to my bed, I lie down, and lightly tie the coarse fabric over my mouth and nose. My eyes close slowly, and I dream of an idyll world where there is no war.

-excerpt from How I Escaped: The First Battle of Vancouver (©2031 University of Fraser)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, did ya miss me ;D? I've been really busy recently, mostly because of two things: Theatre Company (our play starts in less than three weeks :D ) and I've got myself a part-time job. Mostly I'm excited because I have a steady income now, instead of relying on random short-term jobs and birthdays :P I don't foresee a Cascadia update for awhile, so I thought I'd post something I wrote in English class to tide you guys over. This is edited to make more sense for a Cascadian conflict. If you wanna see the whole story in its original state, cruise on over to my deviantart and take a look. Do you guys want more writing in my updates? Or do you want separate updates like I've been doing? I'm so tired, the page is already blurred :P See ya guys next time!

Your friend,
                               Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

greckman

Nice descriptions in this story, it's like I'm actually there. Nice vocabulary too, looks like an English paper. You are an awesome writer, and I'll look forward to your first professionally published work. :)

Until next time...
-TC Greckman  ;D
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

noahclem

Very nice pictures in the last update  &apls  The story is well-written and you certainly have a good grasp of vocabulary  ;)  Hope you'll find more time for Cascadia soon  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Kevin1a

No worries about the lack of updates.  I've been busy as well, and my limited SC4 time has been put towards building a perfect plugins folder with only the stuff I use and a perfect inventory list of exactly what I have installed.  When I'm done, I'm backing it up, and hopefully I'll never have to start from scratch again.  Of course at the rate I'm going, we'll have a new NAM before I'm done. :)  Your stories still remind me a lot of Ecotopia.  It would almost be worth the $20 to buy you a copy of the book, but I'm sure your local library probably has it.