• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

WOW, my friend.  ()stsfd() Being dropped for sooo long after seeing that marker and entry on springs, my jaw is STILL locked. Impressive and overwhelming what you do here at 3RR, honestly. I don't know how to thank you enough for all the learning(for lessons in and out of 3RR and SC4 in general), the inspiration and the devotion you provide to the community. I sincerely wish you all the best in the development and sustenance of this thriving community, of this promising region and life in general.  :thumbsup: I don't even think what I'm saying can give justice for all the effort and, again, devotion you give us all. For all the smiles and lessons you share with us all, for all the things to come and for everything else I have failed to mention, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Heinrich Tejada
(aka Hen or Heinz)
zniehadajet

EDIT SW quad of evendim township, my friend? That puts Tejada Spring at the foot of DeLong Mountains? correct?   ()stsfd()

Badsim

Hi David ,

Once more , your tutorial is the most meticulous which can be found .  &apls
If those are reading it don't fall in LotEditor , they never will ... $%Grinno$%

Congratulations .  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

pvarcoe

Great update!
David, I can't wait to see what you what you have in store for springs and small ponds.
I would love to create some myself, but I find it very difficult to make them look even semi-real.

Can't wait!!

dedgren

Here's some springs at the base of an outcropping along Coors Creek.

That's pretty much going to have to be it until this evening... I have major RL and work things to deal with today.

Good news, though.  I heard back from our friend cycledogg (c.p.) and he's encouraged me to use his great seasonal tree props in both collaboration and on some lots uploaded to the STEX.  I'll be working on that along with all the other stuff over the next little bit.

Thanks for all the nice comments.  The text portion of the last tutorial section is probably next, then some Quickies or even a We've got Mail.  We'll see.

Have a great day!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Schulmanator

More great stuff- just like we come to expect from 3RR!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

pickled_pig

Hello David:

Looks like I took the plunge and registered on SC4Devotion.  Which should mean I'll have reason to visit here more often.

I'm strongly considering moving my CJ on Simtropolis over here and establishing a system similar to what you have - do actual updates here on SC4Devotion and creating Readers' Digest versions on ST, basically as a means to keep the thread alive.  But I don't know - I'm going to have to do a bit more research into whether the idea is a good one or the product of an overactive mind late at night.

See you around
-aaron

Zaphod

I like that youve got your cj in some form or other on ST as well as here. If anything It might entice people to visit this place. I cant wait till the collaboration is started, there will be some intense zoomed out/region pics coming out of here, and that kind of thing is always impressive.

QuoteBut I don't know - I'm going to have to do a bit more research into whether the idea is a good one or the product of an overactive mind late at night.

I know how that feels..

I decided to do my cj on both sites at the same time. There are enough people who only visit one or the other regularly enough, so you by doing it on both your only increasing the number of potential viewers

the only annoying thing is that the rich text on ST isnt the same as the bbcode here so you can't just copy and paste

Haha reminds me I need to update my cj here too
War Kittens !?

thundercrack83

The springs on Coors Creek are looking pretty good there, David! Can't wait to see what you've got for us next!

kimcar

:thumbsup: Great new`s you got from cycledogg . Can`t wait for see the work  that you gonna do . Have a nice game :thumbsup:

dedgren

'Thought you all might enjoy a new map...

Here's the easy-to-read version [linkie].

My wife had fairly major surgery today.  I just got home from the hospital- I don't know how far things will get this weekend, but there's a bunch of stuff in the pipeline.  I did the map on the laptop (I knew I'd have to sooner or later) while I was waiting in the Visitor's Lounge.

Back shortly... or a bit longer than that, we'll see.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

Well, David, you tend to the more important things first. Your wife, and you, are in my thoughts. Wish her all the best and a speedy recovery, and I trust, hope and pray that the operation was successful and without any complications.

It is a nice map, and I appreciate that you're still thinking of your fan-base at a time like this. :P

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Nothing special to add after -M- ,  David , just want to tell we'll have thoughts for you and family untill you say ....It's OK now . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

great map and wonderful picture! :thumbsup:

(my 38th post in this md!)

Heinz

i really hope the surgery was uneventful. my prayers will include you and your wife. really hope she gets better soon. if its not too much, may i know what procedure it was? i'm in a pre-med course and... well, i would like to think i know my fair share. my dad was a transplant surgeon. i hope your wife's surgery wasnt to that extent. again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

thundercrack83

David,

I hope all is well for you and your family. Please let your wife know that we're all thinking about her and hoping that she is doing well. The new map looks great, too, though that is fairly trivial at the moment. The mere fact that you took the time to post it shows how much you care about this community, and I hope that we can that back to you in a time like this.

Take care, my friend,

Dustin

sebes

I hope all goes fine this weekend my friend... my thoughts are with you.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BigSlark

David,

I hope all is well with your wife, take care of her first! We'll wait, I promise.

Keeping you both in my thoughts.

-Kevin

Rayden

Ooops, that sounds bad, hope all went OK, and that I'm just worrying too much. My best wishes for her and hang tough my friend. :)

iamgoingtoeatyou

Hello David, Great map! I hope everything with your wife went well, Best wishes, Take your time, I still need to look through the last pages to catch myself up :)

Fred_Ginger

David, with the rest of your cyber friends, I too hope that everything will be good with your wife and the rest of your family.  I'm glad for you that you had the map to work on while you were waiting at the hospital.  If there is anything worse than waiting at a hospital waiting room for information regarding a loved one I don't know what it is. Consider you and your RL family wrapped in the warm loving care of your cyber family David, and let that warmth ease some of the worry.
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies