• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Travels Down I-85: A MD of the North Carolina Piedmont (Update 9.15.07)

Started by pickled_pig, March 23, 2007, 07:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

wow. missed the last 2 pages and the tail of the 2nd page. im glad i had the time to catch up with ur MD. very realistic touch, my friend. would love for some of that to rub off on me. i love the way you develop stuff and the interchange looks awesome!!!

Flipside

Beautiful suburbia + a great presentation = awesome.  ;) ;D

Snaper

It's amazing ... I love your City  &apls

I visited with attention the 5 pages of this topic ... And it's wonderful  :thumbsup:

Excellent work  ;)

pickled_pig

*bump*

There has been a large update sitting on my hard drive for three weeks now.  Seeing that I'm off to Pittsburgh on the 29th of this month, I can promise you that you'll see it before I go.

Will be back soon...

-aaron

stewart_garden

Woohoo!  I have been checking here every now and again.  Looking forward to seeing the next instalment...
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Pat

LoL about time Aaron,  i will be awaiting to see the new update

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Quote from: pickled_pig on June 17, 2007, 05:36:36 PM
*bump*

There has been a large update sitting on my hard drive for three weeks now.  Seeing that I'm off to Pittsburgh on the 29th of this month, I can promise you that you'll see it before I go.

Will be back soon...

-aaron

Outstanding! I'll be waiting in eager anticipation, my friend!

pickled_pig

...and a month later...

I'd like to thank everyone who either visited or commented here during this unexpected hiatus.  I'm not doing individual replies today - most of the comments look rather general anyway.

Of course, because one hiatus isn't enough, I'm officially announcing a second.  Though I won't be leaving for Pittsburgh until the 29th, I have not been playing any SimCity since this time last month, primarily because my computer tends to be unstable when I least want it to.  I've lost a ton of potential work and had one city tile obliterated due to who knows what happening in savegame.

Besides the point there, though.  If you want to hear whining, I'm certain you just turn on the TV or listen to the horrific sounds of the top 40 radio.

Anyway, here's the long-promised downtown update.
Update 18 - Downtown Wellington

Downtown Wellington is a medium-sized downtown whose architecture stylings, though they favor recent architecture seeing Wellington is a major city in the "New South", reflect all of the twentieth century.  COmpared to other downtowns in New South cities, such as Charlotte and Atlanta, everything is built compact and parking is scarce, even with the number of city blocks that have been transformed from historic architecture into parking lots.

Wellington is surprisingly pedestrian-friendly.  A current light and underground rail project is set to follow the US-11 corridor north from UNC-Wellington, going through downtown as an underground rail, and traveling south to an undetermined spot.

Hope to see you back at Travels Down I-85 in August
-Aaron

Travis

That's a magnificent Downtown aaron- one of the most realistic I've seen. Great choice of BATs too.
Sorry to hear about your computer troubles, I know what you mean. I gave up the game for six months once, until I got a new computer.  :)

I'll be looking forward to your return in August.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Excellent downtown, my friend! I agree with Travis--it looks very realistic. The last picture that shows the whole city is my favorite one. Great update, I'll be looking forward to your return from my home state (the other side of it, but my home state, nonetheless)!

Owen Luby

Well I looked over the whole MD just then and I love it!
You seem to come and go a lot regarding Sc4D... I hope when you get back you'll stay back for at least a week...  :P
I read something about a light/undergroud rail project... sounds interesting! &apls

Can't wait for the next installment --  ()stsfd() wen
I want SC4 back!!

bat

That is a wonderful downtown, pickled_pig! I also like the overview! Great work! :thumbsup:

stewart_garden

Hi Aaron,

I really love the shot from a distance - it really captures the description at the top of the post.  Looking forward to the light rail project.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Snaper

Excellent downtown  ;)

And your overview is wonderful  &apls

Pat

Aaron great update i loved the overview of downtown and the other shots we great
as well hope to see anther update soon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pickled_pig

Hey everyone...

I'm currently in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Carnegie Mellon University, enrolled in a pre-college program.

So basically, I'm subjecting myself to the intense beast that is the college experience a year before I actually go to college.

We have a wonderful campus and the urban setting is awe-inspiring after a year in the suburbs of Charlotte (a fake city if you ask me - no respectable downtown serves as a parking lot)

So that's going to be my main concern for the next six or so weeks.

-aaron

thundercrack83

Hello to you, out there in Pittsburgh, Aaron! I hope all is well. I don't know if you're a baseball fan or not, but if you are, I'd highly recommend making a trip to PNC Park downtown as it is one of the most beautiful stadiums in all of the Major Leagues. Too bad the Pirates are a laughingstock. Anyway, enjoy your time in the Keystone State, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of I-85!

Pat

Aaron be safe there you hear and i hope you have a blast there and take care - pat

dedgren

Aaron, congratulations!

...American suburbia at its very best...

n.b.:  We know Aaron won't be back until the second week of August- plenty of time to get familiar with this great MD and look forward to what we're sure will be incredible updates following his return -DE

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Aaron! I'll definitely be looking forward to your return and what's going to be happening on I-85! Hope Pittsburgh is treating you well, my friend!