• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cozu

I remember when the last nam release was out... it was january 1st... so...... it might be it...

nerdly_dood

You just ruled out January 1st as RHW day :D I have a date in mind, but I don't know if thinking it but not posting it also rules it out... December 28, anyone?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

CasperVg

Yeah.. What about a false RHW v 3.0 release on April Fools Day  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Tarkus

Well, I am going to officially "RUL" one out--RHW Version 3.0 will not be released on January 1st, 2009. 

Main reason--I'm not doing a re-run.  :D  It could be sooner, it could be later . . . but it won't be 1/1/09.  Time will tell . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

A200

JoeST

WAIIIT, its allready out isnt it.... your just not telling us where you put it :p
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Monorail Master

I would be one sweet birthday present if released on April 2, 2009. But still, I want it to be released during my school's Winter vacation. December  19, 2008 to Janurary 4, 2009.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Olasz

maybe time to check on gambling sites the odds for particular RHW 3.0 dates  ;)

WC_EEND

my guess is 2nd january 2009, however I would have no problem at all if it turned out to be released tomorrow :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Tommy7777

Well, maybe it could be on a holiday? A gift to all of us?

PS, That TopGear logo makes me think of the new season coming out for us americans on monday

shaylan221

Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

jmvl

Hello, I'm watching this topic over a month. What I've seen so far, it's great! It's a great mod. When I've discovered it in September 2008 I could finally make interchanges like this, between Agde and Le Cap-d'Agde in the south of France. (notice: it are two non-motorway roads, it are just local (D) roads). The new version of the RHW isn't released yet, I began with designing new RHW for my cities.

I want to replace all my Maxis Highways by a RHW, because they look more realistic than Maxis Highways. I designed a part of my new RHW trough my city Centrama, as a replacement for the current Maxis Highway. This new RHW will have a special interchange: a interchange with another highway (A3) and a highway exit near to it. To make this part of my new RHW, I need a few (new) puzzle pieces, witch aren't included in the version 3.0 release now:

- Transition Puzzle Pieces for RHW-6C -> RHW-6S and/or RHW-6C -> RHW-8
- RHW-6C Ramp Interface A * (and B for future use) with on the left side 1 exit/entrance lane in stead of the right side
- RHW-8 Ramp Interface A like RHW-6S, but then with 3 lanes straight on and 1 entrance/exit lane *.
- RHW-8 Ramp Interface A-wide like RHW-6S, but then with 3 lanes straight on and 2 entrance/exit lanes.
Can anyone make this puzzle pieces and put them in the new RHW version 3.0, please?
Puzzle pieces marked with * are used in my design (see below).

To make it all clear, I made a 2D design of my new RHW. This RHW is a 'sunken' RHW. All streets, roads and avenues that in the design stops by the RHW are actually overpasses. Click here to view this image.

A RHW-6S has the same capacity as a RHW-4 and the RHW-6C has the same capacity as a Maxis Highway. With a RHW-6S you can make a transition to the RHW-8, to make deceleration or merging lanes, but with the RHW-6C it can't yet. For that reason, I used the RHW-6C in my design where deceleration and merging lanes are (near to an exit or interchange) and I used the RHW-6S for all other 6-lane parts of the highway.

I made also a design with number in it, so that you can see what for type of RHW I've used. Click here to view this image.

Declaration of the numbers:
1. MIS
2. RHW-4
3. RHW-6C
4. RHW-6S
5. RHW-8
6. RHW-4 to RHW-6S
7. RHW-6C to RHW-6S
8. RHW-6S to RHW-8
9. RHW-6C Ramp A
10. RHW-6C Ramp A with on the left side 1 exit/entrance lane
11. RHW-8 Dual RHW-4 Splitter
12. RHW-8 Ramp A like RHW-6S

I wish all developers of the RHW good luck with the development of the new version of the RHW. I hoop it comes soon, but don't hurry: quality is always better than quantity.

Tarkus

Quote from: Olasz on December 13, 2008, 08:23:15 AM
maybe time to check on gambling sites the odds for particular RHW 3.0 dates  ;)

Olasz--lol. :D  That's a good one.

jmvl, welcome to SC4D, and I'm glad you're enjoying the RHW and looking forward to the Version 3.0 release!  As far as those pieces you've mentioned, I am planning on sneaking a few more puzzle pieces into it before it goes public, and one of your suggestions is already in the works. 

All the others are planned for (near) future releases after 3.0, except for this one:

- RHW-6C Ramp Interface A * (and B for future use) with on the left side 1 exit/entrance lane in stead of the right side

The way the RHW-6C is designed, there's no way to stick an MIS ramp in the middle of it, really, aside from maybe a sort of "Inner Dual A" setup that splits into an RHW-4 setup with an RHW-2 in the middle.

I am planning on going to a more frequent release schedule after 3.0 is released, so you probably won't have long to wait.  The way Version 3.1 is shaping up, it will probably be almost entirely new ramp interfaces.

Hope that answers your question. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

puncher1076

Alex, can you post a teaser about the RHW-6S? I've been thinking for days about what it'll look like.
I'm thinboy66 from ST

Ryan B.

I think one was posted a couple of pages back; when Alex and Jan were showing off the updated overpasses.  ;)

Also, welcome to SC4D, jmvl!  Looking at your diagrams there, there are a couple of improvements I would suggest to your interchange setup there.  Let me pull up SC4 and get to work on it.  ;)

As my good friend David would say . . .

watch this space.

un1

Nice work here Tarkus.  :thumbsup:
I think that a non important day is when it will be released. But only time will tell.  :(

-un1

jmvl

Thank you for the lovely welcome, Tarkus and Burgsabre87!

Tarkus:
Quote from: Tarkus on December 13, 2008, 02:30:05 PM
As far as those pieces you've mentioned, I am planning on sneaking a few more puzzle pieces into it before it goes public, and one of your suggestions is already in the works. 
That's great Tarkus!  ;)

All the others are planned for (near) future releases after 3.0, except for this one:
Quote- RHW-6C Ramp Interface A * (and B for future use) with on the left side 1 exit/entrance lane in stead of the right side

The way the RHW-6C is designed, there's no way to stick an MIS ramp in the middle of it, really, aside from maybe a sort of "Inner Dual A" setup that splits into an RHW-4 setup with an RHW-2 in the middle.
That isn't a big problem. I can also build an extra flyover in my interchange to connect to the A3 with a 'normal' RHW-6C Ramp Interface A. Click here to see the new version of the interchange.

I am planning on going to a more frequent release schedule after 3.0 is released, so you probably won't have long to wait.  The way Version 3.1 is shaping up, it will probably be almost entirely new ramp interfaces.

Hope that answers your question. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)
Thanks for answering my question. O, don't hurry with the RHW development: quality is always better than quantity!

Burgsabre87:
Quote from: burgsabre87 on December 13, 2008, 06:23:39 PM
Also, welcome to SC4D, jmvl!  Looking at your diagrams there, there are a couple of improvements I would suggest to your interchange setup there.  Let me pull up SC4 and get to work on it.  ;)

As my good friend David would say . . .

watch this space.
Thanks for looking to my design for my new RHW interchange. What are your suggestions for improvements for my new interchange?

Ryan B.

I was looking to improve the connectivity of a few interchanges, as well as reduce weaving.

MandelSoft

Welcome to SC4D, jmvl! It's a nice interchange design, but I have some critics. It's a bit too complicated to handle for the RHWW 3.0, at least what I've seen of it. Some ramps can be difficult to make like the RHW-6C inner ramps(but I think that the RHW-8 Ramp A like RHW-6S is a useful addition).

One thing is for sure: the RHW mod 3.0 will make a whole new generation of interresting interchanges!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE