• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gizmo's Files

Started by Tarkus, April 17, 2017, 05:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi!

Oh, sorry to hear about your sickness, I hope you get better soon and wish you a full recovery!
Currently what is on LEX it's what I found on your site a couple of years ago, and collected them. I know at least one of the files which is on the german language SFBT site, and that is an older versions of a later release of yours. Namely the Vehicle Props v3.0, which has the Vehicle Props v4.0 as replacement, BUT many lots uploaded to the STEX before the V4.0, are still using the older version with the old Instance IIDs. So actually both of the prop sets are valid dependencies still.
Anyhow, nice to see you're back!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

PaPa-J

Hate to bump an old thread but I need help.

I am looking for Gizmo_Effects.dat, is it the same as Effect_Props-V2.dat?  If it is great I have it, if not would someone out there have it and be willing to share?

Thanks   PaPa-J
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Tyberius06

Quote from: PaPa-J on July 19, 2020, 05:07:34 PM
Hate to bump an old thread but I need help.

I am looking for Gizmo_Effects.dat, is it the same as Effect_Props-V2.dat?  If it is great I have it, if not would someone out there have it and be willing to share?

Thanks   PaPa-J

I don't know how effects work. If it's similar how everything else and considering that many of the updated versions in Gizmo's sets got new instance IDs, then there is a chance that the v2 is the same as the original, but with different/updated IIDs. Which means if an old file referes to the original one, the v2 won't work as a valid dependency.
But this is just a guess. I am not sure.
And there is a high chance that that file is lost now. Or it's burried somewhere on STEX under an upload as permited or "illegal" attachment. Who knows...??  ()what()

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

PaPa-J

Thanks for the information and the reply.
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

CaptCity

I have both files and tried them out in the game. The Readme for the Gizmo_Effects file specifies that it is a dependency for Gizmo's Industrial Inc lot (an electric power lot). Placing both in-game, it appears that the Gizmo_Effects file provides some flashing lights and an electrical discharge effects. They disappear when the file is removed. Replacing the Gizmo_Effects file with the Effect_Props-V2 file does indeed provide the same effects. The Effect_Props-V2 Readme merely states that it provides props to be used in the Lot Editor of which at least a portion of those in the older file are present.

Edit: Revisited this when I noticed I had different versions for the files. Apparently, I must have gotten mixed up when switching files because the Gizmo_Effects file is the only one with the required effects props for the Industrial Inc lot. Using the Effect_Props-V2 file does not result in the effects being displayed. Sorry for any confusion. They do seem to be different files.

Edit: Realizing the purpose of this topic (I guess I missed it the first time around), I've attached the Gizmo_Effects file mentioned above just in case it's useful. I didn't see it in any of the other attachments listed so far. The Industrial Inc. lot mentioned is available on the STEX).

PaPa-J

Thanks a bunch for sharing the file!  I have downloaded it.

Thanks again!
smile more, laugh more,
about things.