• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Great MD, lots of awesome pictures and it's always fun following what you are up to.
Let me be the one to steal the 500th post and congratulate you on getting you and your MD into The Classics section!

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

South Coast Tour

Oh my, it has been a while. Again. But I have an excuse: The dog ate my homework.  I had to plan my wedding. :) On June, 1st I married my wife Simone.
I usually do not post picures of myself on the internet but I will make an exception for this occasion.

Ok, and now back to business. Today we will continue our tour along Empire Island's coast.

This is where we left off last time, the West Beach neighborhood and the public beach. We will continue our journey around the island's southwest corner and along the south shore.

Ericsson Airfield is built on a former flood area on the island's southwest corner.

New developments in aircraft technology make it now possible to fly nonstop from anywhere in Simnation to Empire Bay.

SimAir operates freight and passenger planes between Capital City and Empire Bay.

The journey is still an adventure, though. There are two routes: over the Kinbasket Mountains and along the coast. The often extreme weather conditions are a challenge for the planes and the pilots (and the passengers, of course).

Industry and mining is still thriving in Empire Bay. The port has expanded along the south shore.

A second steel mill has opened.

The ferry at Airport Blvd. connects to the new suburbs on the mainland. We will visit them in a later update.

Some industry along the South Island Parkway.

Rail facilities along the docks.

The growing city has an insatiable hunger for electricity.

Blackwater Bay Power Station, Simnations's largest coal power plant, has been built to cope with the demand.

Coal Energy is cheap in Empire Bay so who cares about pollution?

The overseas docks.

From here, goods are shipped to destinations around the globe.

Work on the docks is hard but well paid.

I hope, I won't take me so long again, to make a new update but I can't promise.  &mmm

Flatron, vortext, Jeroentje, SimCity V6, threestooges, Kergelen, noahclem, nbvc, sunv123, MTT9, art128, solsystem, benedict, Dantes, carlfatal, Swordmaster, sim_link, rooker1:
Thank you very much for all the nice comments and for bringing my MD into the Classics Section. I was looking for it in the bestsellers section and thought it had gone inactive. Took me while to realise it is here.  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Terring7

Great city. I really enjoyed the airport and the seaport :thumbsup:
And congratulations for the wedding &dance
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

io_bg

Congratulations!!! &apls
The seaport looks great and so is the surrounding infrastructure. Excellent update :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Flatron

A cut-away :D
but congratulations to your wedding :)
Nice to see that Empire Bay is back. Now I'm waiting for the coal-crisis, the closing of the steel mills and worklessness, alongside with a suffering downtown. ;)

FrankU

I wish you a very happy life with Simone!
My wedding is already eleven years ago and I am still as happy as the first day. I wish you the same.

And your seaport and airfield are very well done.

MTT9

Congratulations on the wedding Raphael!!
It's nice to see a new update from you after so long :)
You can call me Matt

Gugu3

Congratulations! &apls
Excellent pictures as always :thumbsup:

feyss

Congratulations for your wedding  :thumbsup:

And also, awesome pictures. I like the different kind of factories you used and your railway and road networks.  ;)

noahclem

Congratulations on your wedding Raphael  &dance  Very nice to see an update from you; great work  &apls

Swordmaster

Getting married is no excuse to use those super-steep rail slope pieces. Also, while it's all well-built, I'm getting a little claustrophobic here. Your port, industry, rails, all of them need more room.

That being said, congrats of course. Hope you two have fun together. (Not too much fun, we still want you back here.)

Cheers
Willy

spot

Beautiful industries. Congrats on getting married.

art128

The docks are fantastic. Really well made. Love the steel mill.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eclipticalstorm

That seaport is absolutely amazing!  Congrats on the wedding.

threestooges

Congratulations to you and the new Mrs. Raphael. Also, nice update too. I love your airports, particularly the crossed runways you seem to favor. It's a visual novelty as well as a real life rarity. The whole grounds of the airport seems well put together. The warehouses at the ports, are those Peg's? They look good wherever they're from.
-Matt

rooker1

Congrats on your wedding day! And fantastic update.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

kbieniu7

Congratulations! Best wishes on the new way of life!  :)

Back to sc4:
The combination of docks, industry and railyards looks very detailed and incredibly interesting with railcars rolling beetween fatories, mills and seaport terminals! Good area to place an airport.
What is more I think, that the parkway looks nice as well ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

sunv123

Congrats on your Wedding! Hope you have a great time together. ()flower()

The MMP work that you've done on the coast fits great with it's surroundings. I love it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Swordmaster on July 15, 2013, 01:02:27 PM
Getting married is no excuse to use those super-steep rail slope pieces.
I actually like the compact-ness of the port, not a single tile not used. ()stsfd()
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Kergelen

Congrats on the wedding Raphael :party:
Amazing work on the harbour and wonderful combination of such amount of plugins &apls

Links to SC4 websites

jgehrts

An update that was well worth the wait! I'm always impressed by how well you make the game shine.