• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Thanks for the answer! Those look fantastic! Highly realistic.

One other thing I keep meaning to ask though. I remember a while back there was some discussion somewhere about the game lagging for a minute when plopping a puzzle-piece, and determining that that was caused by the puzzle-piece lacking paths. However, my game lags whenever I plop any of the smooth-curve RHW pieces, though I have confirmed that they have paths (by seeing thousands of cars use them and checking Draw Paths), and it's just the smooth curves. Does this occur for anyone else?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

DTP, to answer your question, the paths that are missing are "dummy" paths--each tile of a transit puzzle piece/draggable item needs to have a path file, even if there are no actual paths on it, in order to avoid slow-downs.  They'll be added into the curves for Version 3.0.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Monorail Master

Quote from: nerdly_dood on December 07, 2008, 03:20:39 PM
Dude.. That is amazing!

Monorail Master: You can use SC4Tool to change what networks can go through a lot - You have to put the transit-enabler into expert mode, and then instead of "road" or "street" you get an 8-digit hex number, and you have to change something to a 5 i think if you start from "road"... but I'm not really sure about that. I'm sure someone knows though.

Dude, I tryied that. And I still cant transit-enable the toll booths for the RHW. :( Oh well, might as well leave it to the experts.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

deathtopumpkins

Ahhh... great! That slowdown can be annoying when plopping large numbers, so this should be helpful.

j-dub

In my opinion its too risky to use a te lot on this network with this network, especially since its the only one that changes its amount of lanes, and tiles, one to 10 lanes. I think the best bet is to convert to OWR, since tollbooths seperate anyway. I used to use tollbooths, but its funny that the instructions will warn you the only te lot supplied by Maxis might make your traffic problems worst. One time when I did put tollbooths in between the RHW, traffic didn't want to use it anymore, but thats just me.

un1

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 08, 2008, 04:54:36 PM
Dude, I tryied that. And I still cant transit-enable the toll booths for the RHW. :( Oh well, might as well leave it to the experts.

Tarkus sent me the TE RHW RUL code, I would tell you but I don't know if Tarkus wants me to.
Oh, amazing progress. ;D

-un1

Tarkus

un1, it's perfectly fine. ;)

The easiest way to do it is to TE for OWR before hand . . . just change the 0x0000000A value to 0x0000000B.  You'll need custom paths specified if you do anything other than an RHW-2.

-Alex

tahill79

omg u guys are makn me mad/jelous/envious/tired/aggravated with that "coming soon" for v.3!!!  tarkus ure doing a great job and cant wait to see these in my next city.  thanx for doing this for SC4!!!

debutterfly

Slow and steady wins the race. Same goes for greatness. Well done Alex.  &apls

Monorail Master

Well, for me. I'm just making the toll booth! ;D But anyway. I hope this is the release date for RHW 3.0: December/25/2008
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Patricius Maximus

It would be the perfect Christmas present. Based on Tarkus's statements, it is entirely possible.

Haljackey

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 09, 2008, 04:01:38 PM
It would be the perfect Christmas present. Based on Tarkus's statements, it is entirely possible.

Christmas seems like a too predictable date.  "We like to surprise people!"  $%Grinno$%

I'll have some new pics coming up showing improvements to 3.0. 

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

I actually doubt that it will be released on Christmas. If you celebrate it then wouldn't you rather spend time with your family than on your computer with the new RHW? And then think about the creators. Who would take the time out of their Christmas to sit here and upload it to the LEX?

And I, for one, would rather it not be, because I'd like to be able to sit there for hours rebuilding all my highways, which I wouldn't be able to do on Christmas.  :D

kj3400

Ok then December 26th then.  
No one'll be expecting it after being disappointed on Christmas. $%Grinno$%
I hope it comes out soon. I'm losing the ability to be patient. :P
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Tarkus

I've said it once, I'll say it again . . . it's coming out on RHW Day. :D

And I won't confirm or deny any possible date for RHW Day, either.  I shall keepeth my mouth shut. :-X

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Let's just say that it might be released on:
- Monday
- Tuesday
- Wednesday
- Thursday
- Friday
- Saturday
- Sunday, or, most likely,
- Someday! ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sim-al2

What happened to your avatar Tarkus? Anyway, I predict some obscure day, perhaps National Tapdance Day? I'm going to be really freaked out if that is a real holiday.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Tarkus

Quote from: sim-al2 on December 09, 2008, 07:46:31 PM
I'm going to be really freaked out if that is a real holiday.

It is.;D  It's May 25th, apparently.

As far as what happened to my avatar, well . . . that's a good question.  I've simply jumped album covers.  That sun/moon thing is from the cover of King Crimson's landmark 1973 album Larks' Tongues In Aspic . . . one of my all-time favorites.  This is the second time I've used something other than the armadillo . . . I'll likely return to my old one at some point, though.

-Alex (Tarkus)

sithlrd98

Ya know , I bet the RHW day is gonna be on a day that ends with Y. Ok , that was pathetic but I just thought I'd put it out there. Whatever the day , thanks in advance for some awesome work to all involved!

Jayson

Toichus Maximus

Wooo larks tongues! When will we get the Discipline knot, Tarkus? ^^