• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

For those of you singing along at home...

Started by dedgren, May 14, 2007, 10:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

If you are interested in following along as the 3RR Collaboration Team takes the first steps into the collaboration process, this is the place for you.  As this thread goes up, we are building the common plugins folder, focusing first on across the board mods.  We've now gotten a small part of that process completed- identifying what we call the "Utility Mods," and we have used that step as the basis for starting the common plugins folder that each collaborator will use as the quads are developed.

To the extent you'd like to duplicate our efforts, here's where we are tonight.

So, our list of utility mod plugins appears to be complete, subject to any addition that falls out of the process elsewhere.  It is

Buggi's Extra Cheats DLL [download linkie]
Redlotus's Stupid News Ticker [download linkie]
Smoncrie's Hole Digger Lots [download linkie]
Teirusu's Extra Terrain Tools [download linkie]

I would like everyone, on reading this post, to do the following.

1.  Create a new subfolder in your "My Documents/SimCity 4" folder named "3RR Plugins"
2.  Open the "3RR Plugins" subfolder and download from the link in this thread and unzip and place the Extra Cheats DLL into it.  Your subfolder window will look like this.

Exactly like this.  To the letter (and number).
3.  Create a new subfolder in your "My Documents/SimCity4/3RR Plugins" subfolder named "001 - Mods"  Your subfolder window will look like this, except that the "Date Modified" field will be your local time and date.

4.  Open the "001 - Mods" subfolder and create a new subfolder named "Utilities"  Your subfolder window will look like this, except that the "Date Modified" field will be your local time and date.

5.  Open the "Utilities" subfolder and download from the links in this thread and unzip and place the Stupid News Ticker, Hole Digger Lots, and Extra Terrain Tools into it.  Your subfolder window will look like this.

Once again, your Name, Size, Type, and Date Modified fields must match this exactly.  If you are having trouble- let me know.  We'll be doing this quite a few more times before this is all over, so get the hang of it now.

Good.  Got that sorted out?  We now have the start of a common plugins file set on each collaborator's computer

And now yours at home as well.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax