• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Quote from: Blue Lightning on May 03, 2010, 02:13:10 PM
Oh, its something we call an overridable intersectable puzzle piece.

Or as I like to call it, a WAVERide piece.

:D You NAM guys are amazing.  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Korot

Isn't it just an overhanging puzzle piece, just like the avenue roundabouts, and diagonal streets? Why give it a fancy name, when a simpler one already exists?

Regards,
Korot

marsh

Quote from: Korot on May 03, 2010, 02:22:35 PM
Isn't it just an overhanging puzzle piece, just like the avenue roundabouts, and diagonal streets? Why give it a fancy name, when a simpler one already exi
Regards,
Korot

because fancy names are effin sweet

BTW: Cant wait for this! Usualy a video means release is soon!  ;D

Blue Lightning

Isn't it just an overhanging puzzle piece, just like the avenue roundabouts, and diagonal streets? Why give it a fancy name, when a simpler one already exists?

Because it isn't. Its a completely new method. It has some relation to those pieces (mainly being that it requires a construction piece) but it ends there.

EDIT: Oh, might as well show this.

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

newsimaddict

Looks sweet as! Love the new markings.  :)

Christianicus

Absolute top-notch work &apls!!!  Hal, the video is quite the teaser!!  ;)  Waiting to get my hands on it ([Waits, though not very patiently] :-\ ).  Would like to offer congratulations for a wonderful product and a "Thank You" to everyone for their tireless efforts and hard work on our behalf.  I learned how to really use the RHW a couple of months back and don't plan on ever using the Maxis highways again! 

Nego

Nice to see how well your textures are coming along, Blue Lightning. I see the hatching is in the right direction and the lack of hatching in the entrance ramp is VERY realistic and accurate. :thumbsup: Nice job. &apls

I'd also like to thank everyone who is who is working on and supporting this project. It's what you do that keeps SimCity 4 alive today!  ;D :) ;) &apls :thumbsup: &hlp :sunny:

:)

citybuilderx

QuoteOh, its something we call an overridable intersectable puzzle piece.

I think FLEXFly is a bit more catchy  ;). Great work guys!  :P
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Wilfried

How about Flex-O-Fly, the O standing for 'over' as in 'fly-over' but put in the middle, for cosmetical and phonetical reasons? ;D

Blue Lightning

Well the piece itself is called FLEXFly, but the technology it runs on is called WAVERide.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

marsh

I have to admit, I like the old textures better. These are too dark. They need a bit of a lighter texture.

ecoba

Those aren't the standard textures. Those are a version that Vince is making for those who want a darker texture, but American striping; Daniel is making Euro/International textures as well with the darker color, and I'm pretty sure that Maarten is making Euro/International ones with the lighter texture.

Ethan

Haljackey

Wow, thanks for all your compliments on my creation! Glad you enjoyed the video!

Based on the response, I might make another one.  ;)

Quote from: ecoba on May 04, 2010, 03:37:25 PMThose aren't the standard textures. Those are a version that Vince is making for those who want a darker texture, but American striping; Daniel is making Euro/International textures as well with the darker color, and I'm pretty sure that Maarten is making Euro/International ones with the lighter texture.

The way I see it there are 4 textures.
-Default North American textures by Tarkus
-Australian textures by Shadow Assassin
-European textures by Mrtnrln 
-US textures by Blue Lightning

That's a very diverse base, and RHW 4.0 isn't even out yet! The most textures a RHW version had was 3 back in the days of RHW 1.3b.

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on May 04, 2010, 07:51:09 PM
The way I see it there are 4 textures.
-Default North American textures by Tarkus
-Australian textures by Shadow Assassin
-European textures by Mrtnrln 
-US textures by Blue Lightning

Actually, 6, if you add in what deathtopumpkins and mightygoose had been working on with concrete.  I don't know how far they are, though, but the four listed are either complete or substantially underway.  It's a great thing to see, I must say.  :thumbsup:

-Alex

marsh

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on May 04, 2010, 07:54:57 PMActually, 6, if you add in what deathtopumpkins and mightygoose had been working on with concrete.  I don't know how far they are, though, but the four listed are either complete or substantially underway.  It's a great thing to see, I must say.  :thumbsup:

6? That's insane! Those concrete ones will add a lot to the mod because there has yet to be a concrete texture for the RHW.

Due to the huge level of feedback I recieved from my last highway interchange video, I decided to make another one.

This one is a three level cloverstack-like interchange, and one of my most complex to date. Unlike my last junction, FlexFly is not used at all, the emphasis is put on the new type "D" ramps and elevated networks that can now overpass diagonal RHWs below. The only part that is not RHW is the tunnel, which is an avenue.

http://www.youtube.com/v/n9vlVHj13Rc
Link (for HD and info): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vlVHj13Rc

Overview image:
(Click it for full resolution)

As you can see, things are coming along nicely. The fact that my car doesn't disappear in UDI means that the pathing is there, which is a good thing.  ;)

el_cozu

is it me... or some diagonals don't actually look at 45º... but 30 or something... the ones coming out of the Type-D ramps... correct me if i'm wrong.

Haljackey

Quote from: el_cozu on May 06, 2010, 09:18:01 AM
is it me... or some diagonals don't actually look at 45º... but 30 or something... the ones coming out of the Type-D ramps... correct me if i'm wrong.

That's FARMIS, similar to Fractional Angle Roads (FAR) which is in the NAM right now.

Both RHW-4 and MIS networks will have some fractional angle functionality in 4.0 to allow for more realistic creations.

nerdly_dood

Will there be an easy way to pick and choose textures from different sets to use at different times? I'd like to use concrete textures for bridges and overpasses, and asphalt textures for ground-level highways and ramps.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!