• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

Are there any transitions from RHW to NWM planed or already included in the upcoming release?
I'm just wondering cuz I am fooling around with both at the moment and came across a situation where I wanted to connect 2 parallel MIS to an AVE2 and the only way to do so was using a RHW2 to parallel MIS 2 transition piece and then a stubb of normal road prior to the transition from road to AVE2...
I mean I know that standard maxis networks can transit in RHW but NWM can't (yet). Of course MIS and AVE2 lanes are different in size but it would just be more comfortable to use a direct transition, not mentioning the better look of it.

Nevermind, there's a list over in the NWM thread concerning this matter at hand... But a transition from parallel MIS to AVE2 would still be nice somewhere down the road

... really, it is. I swear.

pimmapman

^ In agreeance with that one. I think that would make for more realism, and I could use it myself. :D

jdenm8

Quote from: wallasey on August 15, 2011, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: ps2owner on August 10, 2011, 07:17:33 AM
How about diagonal RHW-4 starters? Would come in handy. Sure you can use filler pieces, but they don't have lights on them with the RHW light mod.

I thought the light mod was outdated by a few versions??

Getting by with using the ploppables!
Xylo's Lights and Barriers mod is indeed slightly out of date, but someone (I can't remember who, could have been Ferali) over at the STEX uploaded a pair of supplements which added lights to Diag RHW-4 and ERHW-4 and EMIS.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

They were done by Biriali, and can be found here.  Seems I hadn't added it to the Optional Addons list on the first post in the thread--I'll rectify that.

I'd eventually like to have a built-in set as an option in the installer, but that's more of a long-term plan that won't happen by Version 5.0.

-Alex

pimmapman

With the RHW3, will it have a higher capacity than RHW2?

Tarkus

Yes, it will.  The RHW-3 capacities are listed on RHW FAQ #13, which was updated awhile back to include the RHW 5.0 networks.

-Alex

the7train

jdenm8

There will be a DDRHW-4 bridge included in RHW v5.0, but only one (only one has been made).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

riiga

I've updated my RHW-2 toll booth that is on the STEX. If you've downloaded the previous version, please re-download it as I've fixed quite a serious bug.
Link to new version!

I've also included new textures, so it's RHW 5.0 ready.  ;)

EDIT: The file name should be tull_rhw2_updated.zip. There was a problem with the STEX, so if you downloaded before this edit, you might need to re-download the file again.  &mmm

Ramona Brie

We really seem to be nearing a release, by the way...

XL2007

Quote from: Tracker on August 21, 2011, 09:46:31 AM
We really seem to be nearing a release, by the way...

As it's been said before, it'll be finished when it's finished.

&apls and a  :thumbsup: to Tarkus and crew for all the hard work they've put in over the years. I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you guys have done.

Ramona Brie

I know that, but I have a feeling that there's a final development push. Jondor's stopped working on RRX props to focus on NAM release preparations. These boards have been quiet. No Tarkusian Cities update in a while. It can only mean one thing...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tracker on August 21, 2011, 06:02:14 PM
I know that, but I have a feeling that there's a final development push. Jondor's stopped working on RRX props to focus on NAM release preparations. These boards have been quiet. No Tarkusian Cities update in a while. It can only mean one thing...

The dog days of summer are over. That's what. For most of us, it's either school, college, work, or bringing your kids to school.

At least Riiga's revised tollbooth was a step forward. (I honestly thought it was abandoned; Guess I thought wrong.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kitsune

14 month release cycle is what is commonly seen... the .1 was an anomaly. I think it'll be more october till we see a new version...
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Really, there's no consistency to the time intervals between our release cycles.  The distance between NAM Version 28 and NAM Version 29 was only 3 months.  27-to-28 was 10 months, and there was only one month between Versions 26 and 27.  The gap between 29 and 30 has been among our longest gaps--we've just surpassed the 12-month mark, but doesn't eclipse the gap between 19 and 20, which was 14 months.

We have, however, stopped developing new content.  It all depends on how far we have to go in getting the stuff we have in place up to snuff.  That can take awhile.

-Alex

jondor

I haven't exactly stopped, rather there's nothing worth reporting.  Although, as I said, at least half the time I would have been spending on that project has instead been spent helping to polish the NAM components.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Jaris

Hi there,

I've been using thr RHW for several months now, it was the reason I started playing SC4 again,
and I'm really looking forward for 5.0.

I've followed this thread for a while now, and haven't seen anyone talk about it before,
but for me one big drawback is, that there are only straight transition. (specially from rhw4 to mis)
I have something in mind, I would describe as a "smooth curve rhw4-mis transition"-puzzle piece.
Is something like this creatable?

-Jaris

the7train

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 20, 2011, 04:12:50 PM
There will be a DDRHW-4 bridge included in RHW v5.0, but only one (only one has been made).
Thanks jdenm8! Can you reveal what kind of bridge? Is it like the current plain or arch rhw4 bridges?

samerton

Quote from: the7train on August 22, 2011, 10:06:06 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on August 20, 2011, 04:12:50 PM
Thanks jdenm8! Can you reveal what kind of bridge? Is it like the current plain or arch rhw4 bridges?

Here's the bridge Alex posted a picture of a while back...

Tarkus

Quote from: Jaris on August 22, 2011, 08:48:28 AM
I've followed this thread for a while now, and haven't seen anyone talk about it before,
but for me one big drawback is, that there are only straight transition. (specially from rhw4 to mis)
I have something in mind, I would describe as a "smooth curve rhw4-mis transition"-puzzle piece.
Is something like this creatable?

We'll probably get into some additional types of transitions after we release Version 5.0.  Likely, we'll start with start with fully diagonal and fully FARHW transitions (there will be a FAMIS-to-FARHW-4 transition in Version 5.0) before we really get into curved transitions of that sort, though.

-Alex