• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion Requests

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

no you don't have to pay for it. i've been using an unregistred version of mirc for several years. the only thing is that sometimes a box shows up when you start the program for a few secounds, thats it :P

Glenni

Allright then, sounds good to me, hope the others think so too :P

NASCAR_Guy

I use a web bassed IRC Chat :thumbsup:
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Andreas

You don't need the (shareware) mIRC client for IRC, since there are several other free IRC clients available. I've been using IRC in Miranda IM for quite some time, and it worked fine.
Andreas

jeronij

QuoteHey Jeronij, I don't see an off-topic section for random chit-chat. Do you think you can make one so we can have more random crap for you to deleate. :P
If you cant find an appropriate place for your thread, it is because your thread's idea does not belong to this site  ::)

Chat rooms at SC4D:  Not for the moment. I want the members to be able to have the time to think before they say anything  ;) , and also be able to track who and what people post. I have seen enough negative comments about chatrooms, that I dont think they would be really a benefeit for the site.

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mittfh

I don't know if I've missed it, or if it isn't implemented yet, but a free-text search on the LEX would be a good idea - especially as many BATters are migrating here from Simtropolis...

It's nice to be able to type in "UK" and grab a list of all uploads with, say, "UK" in their name.

jeronij

Quote from: She Who Will Not Be Named on June 01, 2007, 05:30:07 AM
Here's one: Private Topics on this site are good for confidential one-to-one discussion in this site.

There are several pivate topics working actually in the site. If you mean that any member should be able to set his/her own PB, well, the forums software does not have that feature  ::)

Quote from: mittfh on May 29, 2007, 03:31:24 PM
I don't know if I've missed it, or if it isn't implemented yet, but a free-text search on the LEX would be a good idea - especially as many BATters are migrating here from Simtropolis...

It's nice to be able to type in "UK" and grab a list of all uploads with, say, "UK" in their name.

This one is in the to-do list already.... just a matter of time  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Quote from: She Who Will Not Be Named on June 01, 2007, 05:30:07 AM
Here's one: Private Topics on this site are good for confidential one-to-one discussion in this site.

That's what the PM system is for
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

MsD

Would there be a way to bookmark your favorite threads so they show up on your home page differently for each user?  My current bookmarks folder in my browser is packed with all kinds of other places I go to.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

sebes

I would love that too... make it easy to first read your favorite topics every time when you log on, and then move on to check what else is new....

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

Quote from: MsD on June 07, 2007, 05:56:23 PM
Would there be a way to bookmark your favorite threads so they show up on your home page differently for each user?  My current bookmarks folder in my browser is packed with all kinds of other places I go to.

Sorry, I dont understand exactly what you do mean ...  %confuso

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sebes

It's like having favourites, but within the window of SC4D. The same feature as on ST, on the ST forum page, in the left column (under the list of persons chatting).

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MsD

Exactly like that.  Although I hate stealing a feature from another site, especially ST, but it is a wonderful feature.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

TheTeaCat

I was wondering if there is any way to get a spell checker added. There are times when I am browsing the threads and notice in posts I have made typo's in stuff that has been posted which means an Edit or th thread being bumped bbecause I edit it. I have seen this feature on another site that uses the same style as this site and that feature is an additional button beside the (post/preview) ones we use to post with.

Its just a thought - no worries if we can't I'll just have to be more vigilant with what I post ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jeronij

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 09, 2007, 02:41:44 AM
I was wondering if there is any way to get a spell checker added. There are times when I am browsing the threads and notice in posts I have made typo's in stuff that has been posted which means an Edit or th thread being bumped bbecause I edit it. I have seen this feature on another site that uses the same style as this site and that feature is an additional button beside the (post/preview) ones we use to post with.

Its just a thought - no worries if we can't I'll just have to be more vigilant with what I post ;)

TTC

I need some features activated in the server where the forums run for that. I am on it  ()stsfd()

Thank you for using HostGator Live Chat! We are available 24 / 7 via Chat, Phone, and E-mail support.  HostGator.com

General Info
Chat start time  Jun 9, 2007 9:45:14 AM EST
Chat end time  Jun 9, 2007 9:55:04 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time)  00:09:49
OperatorWilliam B

Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a HostGator operator to respond.
info: Welcome to HostGator Live Chat! You are now chatting with 'William B'
William B: Welcome to HostGator, how may I assist you?
jeroni: hello William, I'd like to know if it is possible to install the pspell library in the PHP configuration where my page is located. I need this to be able to allow spell checking in the forums I run on that page
William B: One moment please.
William B: I will look into that for you.
jeroni: of course
jeroni: thank you
William B: You're welcome!
William B: Yes, we do allow pspell in the PHP configuration file.  However, that module needs to be installed by our support team.  You will need to email support@hostgator.com and let them know you would like pspell installed onto your server.
jeroni: OK, I will do that. Thanks for your help ¡¡¡
William B: You're welcome!
William B: Ok then, have a great day! :)
William B: Thank you for using HostGator Live Chat.  Your opinion is very important to us.  When closing the chat, please take a minute to fill out the brief survey that pops up so that we may continue to improve our customer service and support.

I just posted an email request to the support team and I wait for his quick response  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Wow jeroni you act so quickly :thumbsup: You deserve a .

This will be such a help to a clumsy fingered person like me :thumbsup:

TTC

AKA Derry
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

jeronij

However, thinking a bit more about this...   &Thk/(  if this function creates a conflict in the international support and japanese forums, I will not activate it ...  ::)

Oh, and thanks for the cup of tea ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vester

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 09, 2007, 02:41:44 AM

TTC

You could use FireFox: Dictionaries Add-Ons.

jeronij

I have activated the option, thanks to hostgator for the quick response  :thumbsup:

However I cant see any new button or option.... can someone see something ...  ::) ¿?¿

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Thank you for such a qucik response from your hosting service. Unfortunatley I also cannot see any new button or option at the moment.

regards
TTC