• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Excellent night pics, the water reflection especially.  &apls

The mosaic is great too, subtle touch on the air vents and bustling pedestrians streets! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kergelen

Exceptional pictures! With your pictures you have the ability to make that the viewer feel amidst all these skyscrapers &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Uzil

Very nice work with the WTC district.  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Wow, fantastic update Jonathan. You're doing a great job here (once again). The Wall St mosaic is just stunning.

Cheers
Willy

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

jeckyll

Nice, but not jaw-dropping.

You're welcome to suggest improvements you'd like to see people make--but simply commenting that you're not impressed with someone's work isn't helpful. This is your last warning from me that doesn't come with negative karma or worse.

-Noah, GM

Sure, I should have written more, my fault. I think there's a lack of few details such as street furnitures i.e. benches, phone cabs, street lights. I think trees are to much repetitive (maybe it'll be a good idea to use the trees made by Girafe). Moreover the concrete sidewalk textures are bit monotonic. These small things could have made the difference. It's not jaw-dropping such as european cities made by Kelis which are perfect.
Of course it's only my opinion, nobody have to agree with that. Please chill out dear GM.

APSMS

@jeckyll: You're more than entitled to your opinion, but it is substantially more helpful if, when you leave a comment like that, you indicate why. It doesn't do much good to leave a terse comment like that without divulging the reason behind your opinion.

I should say, Jonathan, that those are some nicely done pictures, especially as Erik said, with the reflection on the water. I almost missed it at first, but it's a very nice touch. I would like to see a zoomed out view, though, even if it's not completely finished. I feel a little lost among all the skyscrapers (one of the reasons I stopped building high-density, completely developed cities; I couldn't see the ground, which made me feel lost, even from a birds-eye view).

I like the WTC. Nice to see the twin towers immortalized in-game.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Dantes

Hello my friend,
I hope you're doing well. Your pictures are great again. &apls &apls &apls  I like all very much. I am not a fan of New York, but the more I like your art over the Netherlands!  :thumbsup:

benedict

Impressive update, and congratulations on an impressive number 3 in the year end Ben's Top MDs, and well done on an impressive jump back to number one on this week's BTT.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

kelis

# Update [2]  ~ Brooklyn–Battery Tunnel - New York City - USA ||

I did a lot of progress along the Battery Park zone and today I want to show you one of those things that I could not miss in a recreation of Battery park. Doing this took me a long time and headache because I didn't know how to do it but finally I think the result is not too bad, what do you think ?.

# If you want to know more about Brooklyn–Battery Tunnel please check out this Link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn%E2%80%93Battery_Tunnel

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

rambuckel -
Thank you for that nice comment, I like so much hear about experiences like this  :)

art128 - Thank you my friend and thanks for share those buildings, I love all of them  $%Grinno$%

vortext - Thanks mate and glad you liked the little details !!

Kergelen - WOW, thank you for the kind comment my friend !! Saludos  :)

Uzil - Thanks a lot uzil !!

Swordmaster - Thank you Willy, glad you like it  :)

Schulmanator - Thank you so much, mate  :thumbsup:

jeckyll - Thanks for your comment my friend, you're welcome and I really enjoy with comments like this, constructive comments are always important for all. I admit that my skills creating American cities are not the best, but I'm learning and trying to get it right, about the sidewalks in this part of the city I think my sidewalk works well, but of course it's just my humble opinion. Trees, yeah you may have reason, I will try to use more variety. Thanks once again.

APSMS - I'm totally agree with you my friend  :) Thanks for your great comment, I have to say that when I started making cities in this game, I always built cities with a lot of skyscrapers, but then I had the same feeling than you and for that reason almost all my works are european or japanese, but now I'm doing New York, ( one of my favorites cities in the world ) and I have to fight against that feel, and for that reason I'm trying to put some little details on the streets and open places, because one of the things that I love of New York are the open spaces between the skyscrapers. Yeah of course I will bring in the next update an aerial view, but as you said, there is a lot of work to do yet.

Dantes - Hi my friend !! Yes I know, to be honest I also like more Holland than America but I am fan of New York city since I was a little kid and I just need to try to do it. Thank you for the comment  :)

benedict - Thanks a lot Ben !!!

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.

P.S:
I updated the first page with all the updates released. Now you can find all information of this MD on the first page.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Excellent recreation of the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel  &apls  That's easily the finest use of that tunnel BAT I've seen.

I've been following your NYC recreation with great interest and just now noticed I've been forgetting to comment. It's perhaps my favorite version of NYC and you've done an excellent job with the lotting, building placement, open spaces, transit networks and seawalls. Quite the inspiration for anyone contemplating a very dense CBD. Specifically, I enjoyed the boulevard made of 2 OWR-3s.

Also a very, very belated happy birthday!  :D

Gugu3

Amazing result Kelis!it looks perfect!love what you're doing with the reconstructiom of NYC &apls

RepublicMaster

Awesome work, I think you've pulled it off well. :)

Very enjoyable scene. :thumbsup:

kelis

Coming soon at ~ Windows on the world ~ Coming soon at ~ Windows on the world ~

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4181/7otj.jpg

# Snow arrives for Christmas...
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Gugu3

art128

Two wonderful updates, Jonathan!

Love the NY battery park.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RepublicMaster

benedict

Fantastic couple of updates. This is really amazing work.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vortext

Excellent updates, the level of realism is superb!!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

# Update [3]  ~ Snow in New York - New York City - USA ||

# It's snowing in New York city for Christmas !! I want to share with all of you this update to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. I hope you enjoy this update and the most important the Holidays.

-|| Merry Christmas SC4DEVOTION ||-

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

noahclem -
I really appreciate comments like this, thanks for your opinions and make a stop here, glad you like my recreation my friend, thank you so much !!

Gugu3 - Thanks mate, here you got a new update, I hope you like it !!

RepublicMaster - Thanks a lot for your comment my friend  :)

art128 - Muchas Gracias amigo  :thumbsup:

benedict - Thanks for your kind comment Ben, I'm glad you liked  :thumbsup:

vortext - Thanks a lot my friend !

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.