• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Airport improvement

Started by Borutaj, February 27, 2012, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borutaj

Hello, ladies and gentlemen

I would like to ask you for some good tips. I'm a chronic custom airport builder, I'm trying to be as realistic as possible. I'm looking for two extra elements:

1) diagonally placed gates with airplanes like so: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=117.920 This really looks brilliant!
2) small jet airliner gates or aprons without jetway, just with mobile stairs leading passengers into their aircraft after bus ride from terminal. I mean no ATRs and DHC-8s collections, I have them already. I need jets placed like this to allow me to make a good looking regional airport like for example... Florence Peretola airport: http://maps.google.cz/maps?hl=cs&tab=wl

If you can help me, I'll be very grateful.

apeguy

There are currently no diagonal jetways released, however there have been models for that made, so all you need to do is add them to a lot. I'm not sure if textures have been made for diagonal jetways though.

As for your second request, I would suggest the Shuttle to Plane Pack, that's the closest thing you're going to get right now. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

vester

Borutaj

Oh... And how I can get the aircraft models on the apron myself? Well, I'm not a computer-guy indeed, so I'm afraid the way to success would be too hard for me  :D

apeguy

Quote from: Borutaj on February 27, 2012, 01:25:42 PM
Oh... And how I can get the aircraft models on the apron myself?

You'll need the Lot Editor to do that. You can find it here. Just click agree and you'll be taken to a page with numerous Programs to download. There are numerous tutorials for the lot editor here.

Hope this helps. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

Borutaj

Okay, so I'm trying to learn to work with Lot Editor. But am I blind or there is really not a plenty of aircraft prop or LEX and STEX? And diagonal planes I've never seen  &ops

Thank you for your advise that practically force me to learn Lot Editor work  ;D

apeguy

If you search for Voltaire's creations on the LEX, you will see the whole range of AC prop packs. Remember that in the lot editor that in order to use most of the plane props, the lot has to be big enough to see the plane props in the prop list, for example to see the 747 props, you will need to expand the lot to around 5x7. (around that size, I'm not quite sure) Once you've placed the props, you can always reduce the lot size afterwards. ;)

Hope this helps. :)