• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

90 degree curve fillers

Started by Simmer2, May 07, 2014, 03:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Hello all.
I'm sure quite a few of you have come across a certain dilemma regarding those jagged edges left by curved NAM lots (roads, rails etc.)
I have looked everywhere for a over-hanging set of props/lots in order to fill those pesky jagged edges left by the curves but cannot find any. For the diagonal lots there are dozens of them available but alas none for the curves.
Anyone seen them anywhere on the net?
________________________________________________________________________________

APSMS

Paeng has made some very nice ones that are available at the STEX over at Simtropolis.com. They are really just overhanging plaza lots, but they look nice and fit in, especially if you use the sandstone sidewalk textures (the texture of the plaza).

Otherwise you'll mostly have to search around and ask when you spot specific ones in a CJ or MD.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simmer2

Thank you for the quick answer however I already have those and they only work for the small 90 and 45.
The larger 90's overhanging pieces, especially for the STR 90 curves are not available anywhere.
Oh well its time I actually learn how to lot and create my own.
Thanks again for your replies :)
________________________________________________________________________________

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Simmer2 on May 08, 2014, 12:34:35 PM
Thank you for the quick answer however I already have those and they only work for the small 90 and 45.
The larger 90's overhanging pieces, especially for the STR 90 curves are not available anywhere.
Oh well its time I actually learn how to lot and create my own.
Thanks again for your replies :)

If you use the new draggable wide curves in NAM 32, sidewalks will appear on them.  They look much more blended.  Instructions are in the NAM manual.

compdude787

The draggable wide roads curves have been a struggle for me to do, and I'm sure many others. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I can't. Recently I had to just plop a puzzle piece because I couldn't for the life of me get the pattern right. I think it's helpful to have the grid on, and I think I mainly just need more practice with it....

Same goes for the draggable FAR-3. It's not as easy to do as the FAR-2.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Indiana Joe

Quote from: compdude787 on May 09, 2014, 10:54:24 AM
The draggable wide roads curves have been a struggle for me to do, and I'm sure many others. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I can't. Recently I had to just plop a puzzle piece because I couldn't for the life of me get the pattern right. I think it's helpful to have the grid on, and I think I mainly just need more practice with it....

Same goes for the draggable FAR-3. It's not as easy to do as the FAR-2.

All the patterns are in the NAM manual.