• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

Quote from: Tracker on January 24, 2011, 03:06:47 PM
As an aside, when will the retextured roads be released to the public? As a part of NAM 30?

Actually, I think that Tracker here is talking about this texture mod by superhands. I honestly don't know when that is coming out. I'm not even sure if it will be included in the NAM. Sorry. I'd personally would like to know, too, as I am very interested in this texture mod.

Regarding the RHW development, everything is looking fantastic! From the new FAR pieces to the TuLEPs, it's all very exciting! :D Keep up the great work, everyone! &apls &apls &apls

Tarkus

It's still planned to be released and is in good shape.  We're just not quite sure what form it'll take upon release yet, but it's currently planned for the next release cycle in some form.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Nego on January 24, 2011, 04:14:03 PM
Actually, I think that Tracker here is talking about this texture mod by superhands. I honestly don't know when that is coming out. I'm not even sure if it will be included in the NAM. Sorry. I'd personally would like to know, too, as I am very interested in this texture mod.

Regarding the RHW development, everything is looking fantastic! From the new FAR pieces to the TuLEPs, it's all very exciting! :D Keep up the great work, everyone! &apls &apls &apls

That's what I meant. I really like the realistic end-of-road textures.

gooper1

Quote from: Tracker on January 24, 2011, 05:38:34 AM
There is an inside exit ramp for RHW-4 and an 6C to 4 and 2 transition (which I have made tight exits with...will have to post a picture soon).

Check out Haljackey's RHW interchange guide. I made a tutorial using the 6C>4 and 2 transition (it's called FLUPs Left-exit/Entrance Diamond) for a diamond interchange (although it is kind of like a SPUI as it utilizes only one intersection).
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Rady

I would opt for at least a year-long stop of developing the RHW ... 'cause actually I don't have time to play because I'm busy with downloading all the new stuff that is available regularly ...  :P

Great stuff that you're producing!!  &apls &apls
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Ryan B.

Nexis4Jersey

Very nice to see more options for RHW ramps.

metarvo

I think I might have just seen the RHW-6Coolest thing I've seen this month.  Not only is the FAR stuff very good, but the RHW TuLEPs are looking fine as well.  Nice work, Vince and SA!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Moonraker0

I would just like to point out two small problems I have noticed:
With a diverging diamond interchange, cars turning left onto the RHW will be stopped at the stoplight at the second DDI puzzle piece they drive through, even though there's seemingly no reason for them to stop at that light because they are not crossing opposing traffic there and are the only cars turning into that lane.
Also, does everyone get sidewalk base textures under all the diagonal RHWs except for RHW-4?  I'm sure this isn't how it is supposed to be.

Aaron Graham

I love the roads. &Alps &Alps I wonder How you make those stoplights, I would love to make some with the light working on them and some street lights. Is there a tutoral on how to make/ mod street lights, stoplights.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Tarkus

Quote from: Moonraker0 on January 27, 2011, 05:21:22 PM
I would just like to point out two small problems I have noticed:
With a diverging diamond interchange, cars turning left onto the RHW will be stopped at the stoplight at the second DDI puzzle piece they drive through, even though there's seemingly no reason for them to stop at that light because they are not crossing opposing traffic there and are the only cars turning into that lane.
Also, does everyone get sidewalk base textures under all the diagonal RHWs except for RHW-4?  I'm sure this isn't how it is supposed to be.

I've just checked it out to see what was going on.  It looks like it's a stop point positioning issue--I'll see what I can do to correct it.  I remember I did have to do a few odd things with the directionality on the stop points to get them to work properly (even though Avenue traffic is, in theory, moving east-west through the piece, one pair of stop points had to be set up north-south in order to get them to operate on two phases).

Edit: Appears they're all set to east-west.  Having them all east-west poses some synchronization issues, so that'll definitely need to get fixed.  And I probably wouldn't have noticed that had it not been for your report, so thank you! :)

The diagonals for the RHW-2 and MIS should be wealthified in the current release in addition to the RHW-4, but the wider RHW diagonals in their draggable forms don't, so they would be giving off sidewalk textures.  There also appears to be some issues with the IID logistics on the RHW-6C diags, which can cause some weird stuff if mid/high density zones are touching them.

Quote from: Aaron Graham on January 27, 2011, 06:45:30 PM
I love the roads. &Alps &Alps I wonder How you make those stoplights, I would love to make some with the light working on them and some street lights. Is there a tutoral on how to make/ mod street lights, stoplights.

Blue Lightning wrote something up on that end awhile back in the Traffic Signals in SC4 thread. :)

-Alex

Aaron Graham

Thank you so much Tarkus for answering my question. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Ramona Brie

Speaking of which, I'm using a small set of RHW-6C diags (not very much) and one of the curves seems to be misaligned...

Tarkus

An update on the whole DDI stop points situation Moonraker0 mentioned.  I've been attempting to move them around some, but the stopping at the beginning of the tile behavior doesn't really seem to be easily correctable.  The stop points are actually well past the ramps onto the RHW, but no matter how much they're moved, they still stop at the edge of the tile.  The piece needs to be repathed to fit with the new textures better, anyways, so I'll probably make some more drastic changes to the pathing and see if that will make a difference.

-Alex

Haljackey

Three-Level Cloverstack Interchange:

Want to learn how to make it? Head over to the RHW Interchange Guide and check out the latest tutorial!

I'm liking the progress I'm seeing here. Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

gooper1

The interchange is very nice!  &apls &apls
Can you make a four-level stack?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Haljackey

Quote from: Blue Lightning on February 02, 2011, 05:55:38 PM
I don't see why not.

Nice job! It's really compact too.
-Only problem is that you have to "double sink" one of the RHWs to create the 4th level, otherwise you're essentially creating an intersection underground.

Just wait until double-deck RHW pieces are released, similar to the double-decker elevated and monorail pieces...  &scl()

Nego

I noticed that these pieces below do not appear to have paths, as I can't use UDI over the pieces with snap to roads set on and doing UDI with snap to roads set to off, it acts like I'm driving off road.

This may have been reported before, but I'm not sure if it had been and if it was fixed yet...