• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wide Radius Road Curves

Started by dedgren, April 09, 2007, 02:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

To my knowledge, one can't determine the direction of oneway roads in the Rules. It's determined by the direction into which it is dragged.

Tarkus

Well, I was referring to 0x10000000, and of course, you can't drag anything out of 0x10000000.  I know there is a command in 0x10000000 which is used on some of the One-Way Road puzzle pieces that deals with One-Way Direction (OneWayDir).  Tropod talks about in the NetworkSpecs documentation for that RUL.  I haven't really used the command before, but it appears the default value (0) means that the One-Way is heading west (which would explain the east-to-west issue you were facing) ;).

Here's an extract from the Network Specs:

OneWayDir = #Number between 0-7#
OneWay Direction; this just says which direction the onewayroad is going.
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7
West / NorthWest / North / NorthEast / East / SouthEast / South / SouthWest

-Alex

memo

I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't know that, but it's a very interesting point indeed. Actually, I've never really read Tropod's tutorial, so I've just glanced over it. There are a few things explained which I always wondered. :)

dedgren

Reading this thread is like listening to Einstein and Richard Feynman [linkie] having a chat...

Great work, guys!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Andreas

Quote from: memo on May 07, 2007, 11:22:31 AM
I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't know that, but it's a very interesting point indeed. Actually, I've never really read Tropod's tutorial, so I've just glanced over it. There are a few things explained which I always wondered. :)

You never read that tutorial and still managed to create such a multitude of puzzle pieces? Good God, I shall bow down in front of you even further.  :)
Andreas