• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wide Radius Road Curves

Started by dedgren, April 09, 2007, 02:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

That looks just about perfect to me, David! Great work, my friend!

Gaston

This is some very sweet stuff, indeed.    Now that you added the straight piece I have realized that I was missing it all along.   I kept looking at the curve and thinking something just wasn't quite right.   Guess I know what is was now.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

TheTeaCat

Great work thats been put in to this. &apls &apls

I am sure all the members are looking forward to hopefully seeing this released.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Howling

Yes, excellent work is put in this fellars! Can't wait to tinker with them in mah regions!  :thumbsup:
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

metasmurf

Andreas

Quote from: metasmurf on May 06, 2007, 04:32:00 AM
Any progress?

Yes, of course. The NAM team is currently working on them, and they should become part of the next NAM. :)
Andreas

hoshattack

Is there a link to download it before the new NAM comes out? or do I have to wait in agony until then?
Thanks.

Tarkus

hoshattack:  Well, you will have to wait, but it won't be that long or agonizing. ;)  The next NAM is sooner than you think.

-Alex

metasmurf

Another question, will this puzzelpiece have basetextures, like dirt next to a farm, concrete next to commercial etc or will it be just transaprent?

Pat

OK Alex you are killin me,  so how far off are we talking about for anther NAM???  Are we talking days
or weeks or even months arrrrrrgh - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

-pat (patfirefghtr)  Shame on you for asking.  The last time someone asked, the NAM went and hid for like a year...

LOL.  The NAM is like the Spanish Inquisition [linkie].

-Andreas (metasmurf)  Transparent as currently developed.  I'm actually working on them again this week.  Ploppable stuff can be plopped in adjacent gridsquares, though, as I've done over at 3RR.

Patience, my friends...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

LOL OK so i guess i will sit back and wait then. - pat

But its allways fun to launch the NAM Inquistion, well at least try lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Frankie

I have a stupid question: I know this thread is called "Wide Radius Road Curves", But is it possible to create such wide radius turns for RHW? It would be a wonderful improvement over an already great mod  :thumbsup: (would it require a 3d model or just textures?)

/end stupid question

Pat

LoL Frankie there is never a such a thing as a stupid question...  The only stupid question is one that is never asked...  Far as the question at hand i dont know personaly. - pat

thundercrack83

Quote from: Frankie on May 06, 2007, 03:46:35 PM
I have a stupid question: I know this thread is called "Wide Radius Road Curves", But is it possible to create such wide radius turns for RHW? It would be a wonderful improvement over an already great mod  :thumbsup: (would it require a 3d model or just textures?)

/end stupid question

I wouldn't mind seeing that, too! I remember bringing up a point about it being implemented with the avenues and one-way roads, and Alex said that it could be done with those. I'm not sure about the RHW, though.

dedgren

Hi folks-

Streets will definitely be right along, as the pathing from roads does not need to be changed.  I'm hoping (Alex, memo, you guys out there seeing this?) that one-way roads are just a matter of changing a few settings.  Avenues offer up a whole new range of possibilities, but those are on the back-burner for a while while I sort out an Everest-scale to-do pile.

Great stuff, though, is right around the, er... corner bend.

[ ...walks off, cackling madly... ]

David

EDIT:  On reflection, bend is far more appropriate than corner for those who worry about such things.  -DE
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

Yes, David, One-Way Road are just an issue of reversing one side of paths.  It's as easy as pie. ;)

-Alex

memo

Well, as far as I know, there are certain limitations of oneway road puzzle pieces. If I remember correctly, the onewayroads in the InterchangeOrdering RUL file have to run from east to west. Otherwise the paths didn't work correctly. Thus at least the 90°-curve could cause difficulties. Though I might be mistaken as my tests were quite some time ago.

Tarkus

memo, wouldn't it have something to do with the OneWayDirection coding in the RUL file?  I haven't messed around with that feature as much as I'd like, but I'm guessing that it could affect things.

-Alex