• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Discussion Board (PLEASE READ!)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjet13

Wanted to say that I have an idea for a future college/university education system, but I will have to post it here on the weekend, don't have a lot of time to type it up and post it now.

nedalezz

Cant wait to here your suggestion, rjet13!

On the subject of locally produced products, this is what I've come up with:

Imported goods are always going to cost more than locally produced products being sold in the local market, so there has to be a cost differential for traders buying locally produced goods. What we havent clarified is how the farms are getting their goods sold in the local market. In order not to complicate things, we are going to put a 5% extra margin for products farmers/ranchers/fishermen/bottlers being sold to a live trader, and a 5% extra margin for the traders who buy directly from the local source.

This change will be applied in Turn 20!

nedalezz

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates the past few days, there will be one soon, promise! Im spending some time with my wife before having to head back to Ghana for work, so thats the reason :)

Exla357

Hey guys, in case anyone was wondering, yes I am still alive. I will continue to partake here.  ()stsfd()

nedalezz

Hey! I continue to apologize about the lack of updates - like I stated, Ive been home with my wife for the past 3 weeks, and just been enjoying some family time. The update is nearly ready, just havent had time to put it together and upload, but it will happen!

I also am in the process of adding several new items that can be bought and revamping the entire assests board! Stay tuned for that!

nemanjanv7

Don't worry mate, I doubt that anyone blames you. I would do the same in your position. Take your time and enjoy every moment...
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

First, I'd like to welcome our new members: Vivapanda and Reda (Reda there are still no butchers, ranches and similar, so yup, I'm sure there is enough demand for it ;))

Second, I'd like to ask Nedalezz if some of NPC could consider joining in corporations (at least with small amounts of money) or even General Population to some small amount, just to help things start moving a bit faster finally.

Third, I hope that when airport is constructed, things will start to roll more quickly. Like a lot more people are interested in comming here to live and turism should be introduced into the game.

Nemanya

Reda

Thank you nemanjanv7 ;D I'd like to say hello to everybody in the Dunya Project, I'm called Badaoui. nemanjanv7 is it still possible to work for the goverment in one of its many different facilitis ex. the police? if not i'd prefer the trader profession importing zalij. (http://www.miniurl.com/s/dq)

I just started looking through the forum and hopefully i'll read and understand the factbook before i go to sleep. Sleep well all

nemanjanv7

Reda - YW. Please to meet you Badaoui, I'm Nemanya. Nedalezz is the BOSS here, so you should usually direct questions to him. Of course I will try to answer what I can.

1. I think it is possible. Some characters here decided to work for government in GeoThermal plant and harbour, so I'm sure Nedalezz will let you be  a police officer.

2. Trader is also an interesting profession. You can sell necessity goods by opening a MARKET STALL for a $1.000 + 1x1 plot of land (The price veries depending on the location). You can also rent a market stall from real players. I also have some land to rent. OR, more interesting decision is to construct a SHOWROOM ($50.000) + 1x1 plot + LUXURY GOODS.

3. ZALIJ, Electronics, toys, magazines etc. are considered to be Luxury goods, while necessity goods are: fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and liquids. Of course you earn more money from Luxuries ;)

3. You can take a loan up to $100.000 or you can start business with another player and form a partnership if he/she is willing.

4. As for the Factbook, well you'll get used to it. It's quite easy to read. If you don't understand something, just ask.

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Hey Ned, I have a suggestion for the corporations.

* Can NPCs, general population, king and country buy shares until REAL PLAYERS decide to merge in. It's a bit harder to wait for everyone to agree. So I will always say how many is still available to buy from these entities. So far we only have 10.000 of CYCLONE and unknown amount from Vivapanda

Nemanya

nedalezz

First off, welcome Reda! Your character will be introduced in Turn 21 :)

Nemanja, as for your enquiry about having NPCs participate, generally, I only make desicions for the government, as getting NPCs more than basically involved in the game will turn it into a project that I dont think I can undertake alone! So I dont like to involve NPCs really -I could make exceptions, but in terms of this corporation, lets wait a while and start things off with the 3 shareholders and see where it goes from there :)

nemanjanv7

I understand what you mean, that's why I said NPCs or population. You dont have to manage population at all. Just have them buy it like it is in RL. They will always be ready to sell it to real players. The major problem is that it takes time here in the forum for a lot of people to react, so share buyout of pops would be perfect.

- Anyways if Vivapanda doesn't answer how many shares he will buy this round just have him be the manager and give him double salary as I promised.

- Cyclone bought $10.000 worth of shares

- Nemanya will join Adella's corporation with $40.000

- WAgro corporation is going to buy another $50.000 of land and in turn 21 will have 200 plots. This requires a tractor. So, please Ned, at least have pops buy share worth of $25.000 so we could buy that tractor which is required for that many plots. Don't forget to sack the redundant workforce.

- Maybe even government or king could buy the remaining and sell them as soon as somebody asks for it...

- As for the sustained or retained earnings, if nobody argues about it, leave 10% of profits in corporation all the time for future corporation investments. So formula for dividends would be: (Total profits - retained earnings) * owned shares. Am I correct?

- I also hope corps would have some extra benefits in near future, I explained that earlier ;)

P.S. In turn 21 it will be 2 years since Stefan was born. I think it's time for a new baby ;). Please add a girl (to Adella's stats) named DUNYA :)

Nemanya

nedalezz

Exactly 9 days ago, my computer (a Sager beast 17'' desknote) fell from the second floor as I was walking up my stairs...to make matters worse, the open water bottle I was also carrying fell ON TOP of it and pretty much fried the computer. On a different note, the SAME day both my Iphone AND Blackberry stopped working. I kid you not.

Anyway, I've been busy getting my new (temporary) computer in order, and I have the plugins caught up, and I've redownloaded the Santa Cruz Island map. My question for you: Do you guys want to start from scratch, taking into account suggestions and improvements being added, or want me to recreate Rawa'a as it was. Obviously I wont be able to recreate it 100%, but it was not that big and I feel I could get it done reasonably well.

The desicion is yours, and I am at your disposal and command. Tell me what you would like and I would do so. I want to re-iterate that in either case, this project will get off the ground. This is NOT dead! I just want to know what you guys prefer, so we can proceed the way the players choose to.

Cyclone1001

I think you should try to recreate it. If it doesn't work out, we can start from scratch. Its up to you.
I'm sorry such a thing happened, hopefully it wont happen again.

nemanjanv7

Damn, it's like you won a lottery of BAD LUCK, damn again. Sorry for that...

As for the island, I liked the way we started it,  I think you should try not to change a lot as it would mass up the storyline. I understand it won't be exactly, though...

If you think of any way we, as a community, can help you, let us know...

Nemanya

nedalezz

It wont be exact, ofcourse, but the main landmark will be the same, ofcourse.

We seem to have some inactive players also - maybe we can NPC them.

Reda

From scratch or as it were i don't have a say in this, since i was one turn away from joining.

/Badaoui

nedalezz

Ok, so I know Cyclone, Nemanja and Adela, and Reda are still active. Anyone else...I am asking because I want to know which families to turn into NPCs!

nedalezz

Im having alot of problems recreating Rawa'a...Just cant seem to get things close to what they should be and Im not even 10% through.

I suggest we start new - take lessons we learned from our first experience, and implement them in Dunya v2.0. Ofcourse, this is just my suggestion, but I do recommend we do that. Its becoming a hassle attempting to get Rawa'a close to what it was.

nemanjanv7

Ok I agree, BUT take into account all of our belongings in both money and land and shops, PLEASE. I really wouldn't like to have to earn all that once again and go to Elementary school etc... So please, leave all of that as is.

Nemanya