• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsh

Great update! Your roads and highway layouts look great as always. And looking at this in SC, I would even want to live there.  :P

,marsh :thumbsup:

penguin007

Great variety in roads here I LOVE the interchange with the railway running through it

Will

EDGE4194

Great work (as usual) Raphael  :thumbsup:  I can't help but think that the housing project that large is unrealistic for a small coastal city, but as you say.. "alternate universe"  ....  ;D

nbvc

RickD

Sorry, again not a big update. I am occupied with Civilization 5 at the moment and I got Red Dead Redemption for my birthday. Which doesn't help either.  ::) But don't worry, I'll get back to SC4. In fact I started it up yesterday and finally figured out how to use the airport terminal pieces. I had them facing the wrong way the whole time. D'oh!  &sly

Here is a current region view to keep you hooked up. It is clickable for full size. You can see that rebuilding Santa Barbara CBD is coming along but still not finished. And to the west I made good progress filling in the suburbs of Goleta. I even started work on the downtown tile. I have the main roads and rail pretty much in place and even plopped some commercial buildings. I needed them badly to get residential demand up again.

Click for full size (~3Mb)

Replies:

Paul 999, Tomas Neto, Girafe, kelis, kodlovag, kwakelaar, Skimbo, canyonjumper, penguin007, nbvc:
Wow, so many comments. Thank you all.

Nexis4Jersey:
QuoteVery nice its like a Euro-American mix , reminds me of around here.
Thanks, this is what happens when a German attempts an american themed MD. :P

Nardo69:
I love those empty areas next to your highways etc. even though I like to fill them somehow (I just say RRP Roll Eyes ) but here they just fit in perfectly.
Thanks! Maybe when everything else is finished. ;)

marsh:
QuoteGreat update! Your roads and highway layouts look great as always. And looking at this in SC, I would even want to live there.
Glad you like it. In SC4 even the R§ houses look still too nice.

EDGE4194:
QuoteGreat work (as usual) Raphael  thumbsup  I can't help but think that the housing project that large is unrealistic for a small coastal city, but as you say.. "alternate universe"  ....
My Santa Barbara isn't that small. I am aiming for about a million Sims in the region.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kalvar

wonderful this map, I like a lot, is that it worked

is very nice, good work . &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

marsh

Very nice. I love that region veiw.  &apls

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Skimbo

The region looks geniosús, great work so far :thumbsup:
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Sciurus

It's very realistic and more that unbelievable! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kwakelaar

nedalezz

I will concur with pretty much everyone and say that that is an AWESOME region shot!

canyonjumper

Awesome region shot Raphael!

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

RickD

Teaser

This is the tile I will show you in the next couple of updates:

Click image for full size. (330kb)

Thank you all for your comments!  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

io_bg

Great overview, can't wait to see close-ups from that country club and the airport! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

marsh

canyonjumper

Already looks cool!

Your friend,
                                  Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

cubby420

Wow  &apls

I aspire to create the natural and realistic kind of development you demonstrate in this MD. I see a lot of places I've lived in my life in your work.

art128

Holy smokes ! That is one very impressive region, Raphael ! It looks wonderful from both far and close ! Can't wait to see more of the airport area !

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jgehrts

I absolutely, positively love this MD.  I stumbled across it and think the detail is excellent.  Awesome work.