• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ronin Region - Update 13: West Hammond Coastal Industry and Fishing Harbors

Started by cubby420, October 18, 2010, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Hello there everyone in sc4Devotion land!  ;D

First, introductions. My name is Andrew. I hope to meet lots of you as this MD progresses. But, this first update is all about reeling you fishies in, so we'll keep it short and sweet  ::)

Our journey through the Ronin region will begin with the following choice I am putting to you, the sc4Devotion commentariet!  "$Deal"$ I want you to decide where we start to focus in on the nitty gritty details form the coastal town of Torri.

1.1 Historic Old Town:

1.2 Lakeside Residential Neighborhoods:

1.3 Nightlife and Business District:

1.4 Calumet Canal:

1.5 Famous Torri Boardwalk and Coastal Village:

1.6 Eastern Industrial Plaza

So...um...yeah...

Whichever area you guys and gals seem to express the most interest in will be the focus of my next update. If no one replies...well...I'll just do whatever I want! So there!  &sly But seriously people...you should reply. I hear its what all the cool people are doing.

sim-al2

Looks nice and a promising start. :thumbsup: Seaport overviews tend to be nice... ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

RickD

Great pictures. I'd like to see more of the historic old town.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kodlovag

A new MD from you. Pictures are great. Well, the most interesting area for me is the business district. Everybody wants to see different part of your city. $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

io_bg

Looks like you're off to a great start :thumbsup: I'm interested in seeing more of the boardwalk and the sea shore. Looking forward to more pics!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jayster

Looks great so far! I think you are missing a few dependencies for the AVE-2 median though. Just a thought  &idea

Keep up the great work!

Jayster  :thumbsup:

cubby420

Haha, good catch Jayster.  :thumbsup: For whatever reason, I had not noticed  $%Grinno$%

MattyFo

Yes! Finally an MD from Cubby!  The pictures look great as ussual from you.  Personally I'd rather see more of the residential areas.  Mainly because I'm working on nice residential in my own region and you always have the nicest.  I might be able to steal some of your techniques. :D

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

art128

Woaw, very nice start for sure there, Cubby420 ! I like the effect you used in your picture, really great. Also nice work with the city you develop. Although, I think the effect in the nightlife picture is a bit too much and ruins the picture. However, an excellent start once again !  &apls

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kalvar

the city is very well done, with much detail, I like that, I hope to see more.

Tomas Neto

Hi Cubby, awesome start my friend!!! Really great work!!!  :thumbsup:

vester

Nice work. I really like how you end the canals.

Sciurus

It's nice, I particullary like the first image :thumbsup:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

ecoba

I too like the first image, especially ! All of the pictures are very nice, in all, however. ;)

Ethan :)

marsh

YAY. Finally an MD from you!  ;D I'd say the historic old town. to see first  ;)

,marsh :thumbsup:

cubby420

Well hello all! Sorry for the delay between updates, but RL took precedent lately in the most annoying of ways. I moved out of my apartment in the South Loop of Chicago to another place in Printer's Row. For those of you unfamiliar with the Printer's Row area of Chicago, I submit for your reading pleasure...this less than informative wiki page. Pictures often tell a better tale than words though:

The Printer's Row Book Fair

Some of the old printing buildings that now contain mostly businesses and lofts

The bar where I used to bartend and now just get sauced at is over 100 years old

But enough with all that noise...time for my second update proper.

Replies:

sim-al2: Thank you very much and for being the first to comment on my MD!

RickD: I think you're going to get your wish. Thanks for stopping by.

kodlovag: Indeed everyone appears to want to see different things! Not a bad problem to have I guess  $%Grinno$%

io_bg: Ah, one of the masters makes their presence known. Thanks for the comment, and the shoreline focus is coming soon!

Jayster: Thanks for the comment! Yours is one of my favorite MDs! Good looking out too...I had some confusion still with that cursed Ave-2 mod, so I tried a different one this time. Curious to see what you think...

MattyFo: Thanks for the support and encouragement. Yours was my favorite comment, mainly because of this:
Quote from: MattyFo on October 19, 2010, 09:16:07 PM
Personally I'd rather see more of the residential areas.  Mainly because I'm working on nice residential in my own region and you always have the nicest.  I might be able to steal some of your techniques. :D

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you...flattery will get you everywhere.  :P Here is a residential pic just for you MattyFo!

art128: Thank you very much. In retrospect, you were definitely right. I'll have some clearer images of the downtown area soon.  ;)

kalvar: Thank you! Sometimes I take way too much time adding and bulldozing little things that I get nothing done  $%Grinno$%

Thomas Neto: Thank you my friend! Your work is always outstanding, so a comment from you means a lot.

Vester: Its unfortunate that Cal's superb new canal set are largely unfinished when it comes to the details we have available in many other canal sets (locks, overflows, etc.). But, I think the transition here worked well and I'm gland you noticed. Thanks for the comment!

Guillaume (Sciurus): I agree, hence the content of the new update!  :D

Ethan (ecoba): Thank you very much!

Marsh: Well if it isn't the king of the Picture Competition himself...I'm coming for you soon on there my friend! Thanks for the comment. It's high praise when it comes from you.

There, I think I've kissed all your butts enough to get some repeat comments. Without Further ado, I give you...Torri's Historic Old Town

2.11 - An artist's rendition of Rourke Park in Fall

Hope you enjoyed and remember...COMMENT!!! Without comments I will melt away into nothingness...you don't want that on your conscience do you?!?!

Sciurus

Oh My God! &apls &apls &apls &apls I just LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!! &apls &apls

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

Wow, fantastic pictures.  I really like your city layout.  All the buildings seem to fit together very well, your use of the canals is very good.   I like it all!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

canyonjumper

First-rate update Andrew! You certainly have a knack for eye-pleasing neighbourhoods! Excellent use of Callagrafx's canal set, which I also use quite profusely ()stsfd(). I don't know if it's too late, but I would like to see more of the Boardwalk and Coastal Village, those areas always appeal to me ;D.

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Jayster

Very nice first update! That Ave 2 mod looks just as good!  :thumbsup: Keep up the great work!

Jayster