• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

Quote from: elliey-sama on January 16, 2009, 11:29:14 AM
Is there any tutorials where they show how to build an overpass over a road you know the ones where they show a nice terra form slope where the onramps go nice and smooth down? its kind of hard for me to do those even with the new hole digging lots because they have so many heights i just want to know which is the perfect height to start off.

Try using the 15m hole diggers if you want a flat overpass or the 14m diggers if you want the overpass to have a slight incline towards the middle at each end

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

puncher1076

I have just downloaded the RHW 3.0, it was great! :thumbsup: &apls However, I did encounter some problems.

There seems to have an error at the RHW 4-Avenue connector.

I'm thinboy66 from ST

Tarkus

puncher1076, glad to hear you're enjoying the mod! 

That transition is a little finicky as a result of some changes made to the RHW-2/Avenue transition.  If you click on the Avenue section again, though, it should correct itself.

-Alex (Tarkus)

riponite

I did want to report a problem I ran into regarding RHW 4 diagonal entry ramps.  When I place these entry ramps, I get the "pit of death".  I have not had any problems with the diagonal exit ramps.  Those seem just fine.  [I had cleared out my old NAM and RHW files so there should be no conflicts there.]  Has this issue come up with anyone else?  Any other thoughts?

If you would like me to post a picture of the problem, I would be willing to do that.  Just let me know.

Thanks,

Riponite

skyliner

I had some questions about the el-RHW 4 on and off ramps. It says style A exit/ entrance but are there other styles? The problem I have with the offramp is that you have to connect a MIS transition. I was wondering if there was a piece that just connected to the road.

Patricius Maximus

The "A" style is the only El-RHW ramp avaliable at the moment. However, perhaps such a piece could be included in an RHW 3.x.

Owaen

First of all I would like to thank all the people working on the NAM & RHW for a job well done !  &apls &apls &apls
You guys made this game worth playing again  ;D

Now to a problem I ran into.
I was about to rebuild a cloverleaf that had an avenue overpass when this happened.

Does anyone know of a solution to this ?
Ohh, and does anyone know if there are any RHW over RHW puzzle pieces, and if so where are they  ()what()

Again thanks for a great job.   

Owaen

Thanks Warrior, this is what I came up with  ;D

--> Xplorer4x4   You just drag with normal RHW between the elevated stubs.
When it shows a brownish texture just release mouse button.

Xplorer4x4

thanks Owaen, i had to delete the under section to get it to work but i got it thanks to you! Great looking intersection btw!

j-dub

I always leave extra space on each side of the new highway in case I want add signs, or if the network needs to be widened later. In fact if in real life they could always leave space next to these highways, maybe these construction projects wouldn't take as long, if they built the temporary part next to it, while the old part was fully still in use, then move traffic back over to the new part, without lane reduction or closures.

allan_kuan1992

Tarkus... did you ever happen to make darkened textures of the networks so that the puzzle pieces don't stand out as much?

- Allan Kuan

Swamper77

Allan,

The darkened textures will be made later. Getting things functional is top priority. Cosmetic details come later.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

b22rian

owaen, that is 1 sweet looking intersection !!

Its nice to see pics like that.. What people are doing with the new custom content..

thanks, Brian

deathtopumpkins

If anyone is interested, earlier I posted a bunch of pics of what I've done so far with RHW 3.0 in the show us your interchanges thread...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

just_a_guy

I just want to give thanks to everyone that has been working on this becuase thanks to this and everything else thats been added with the NAM, SC4 is 10 times better than what it was.

Ive done 3 interchanges with 3.0 but i havent found any problems so far so keep up the fantastic work!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

puncher1076

Yes, I just succeeded in dragging a diagonal RHW-6S! I will be posting a tutorial later.

view full size here:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3548/yorkaug22101224982897jo0.jpg
I'm thinboy66 from ST

Haljackey

Quote from: puncher1076 on January 18, 2009, 06:10:43 AM
Yes, I just succeeded in dragging a diagonal RHW-6S!

Congrats!  Like I said earlier, its a long and difficult process.  That's why the curve puzzle pieces were made, to try and make things a bit easier.

RHW 3.0 was meant to expand network widths and enhance MIS connectability.  The next release will perhaps focus on curves and other puzzle pieces.

Best,
-Haljackey

j-dub

Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the draggable diagonal RHW-6S is actually pathed. So for cosmetic purposes thats great, but unless you have an alternate route, the cars can't use that.