• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is there a way of saving higher resolution images?

Started by Han Solo, May 03, 2012, 01:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han Solo

I'm working on a project that requires a high resolution, bird's eye view of a map. The resolution of SC4TF is too low for my requirements. Is there a way of getting SC4TF to capture higher res pictures or is there a work around I could use?

whatevermind

If you need an overhead view, you can use "Show Overview", and then use the button on that screen to save the overview image.  This saves the image at a 1:1 pixel to grid square ratio.

For an angled image, which might be what you're looking for, there's two methods, which both give you the same resolution.  Pan/zoom/tilt the viewer to the view you want a picture of, then either 1) Print screen, or 2) use the built in camera at File >> Take Picture.  Unfortunately, both are limited by the small size of the viewer screen, at 800x600.

Han Solo

Thanks for the reply. I want an overhead view and I'd tried capturing an image in the way you described before I'd posted this question. I was just hoping there was something I'd overlooked (I've only been using SC4TF for a few days). I guess I can still use the images from SC4TF but I just won't get the quality I'd hoped for the project I'm working on.

Lowkee33

Quote from: whatevermind on May 04, 2012, 10:02:13 PM
If you need an overhead view, you can use "Show Overview", and then use the button on that screen to save the overview image.  This saves the image at a 1:1 pixel to grid square ratio.

If that isnt good enough, I guess this isnt for SimCity.  You could simply stretch the image Terraformer makes until it is the right size, but at that rate why not find a DEM and edit that?

Han Solo

Quote from: Lowkee33 on May 06, 2012, 07:32:40 AM
Quote from: whatevermind on May 04, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

If that isnt good enough, I guess this isnt for SimCity.  You could simply stretch the image Terraformer makes until it is the right size, but at that rate why not find a DEM and edit that?

You're right, it's not for the purpose of generating a map. You might have solved my problem though, I could use DEM data to generate a map and capture the image from the DEM data rather than the map itself. Thanks.