• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tools: Programming Language & Source Code

Started by Tropod, March 07, 2013, 01:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tropod

hey all,

save me asking in each sub-area....

Wondering the following;
Programming Language used for each tool.
Source code available for each tool: if so, where.

Already have/know ilives Reader for quite some time & it's been quite useful, so have that covered, but wondering about all the others.

Cheers

MandelSoft

From what I know, the following applications use Java:
- Daeley's SimCity 4 Pathing Tool
- jondor's T21 Editor (Pretty finished, but not released)
- jdenm8's RUL0 Generator (WIP)
- caspervg's LTEXT Editor (WIP)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

wouanagaine

All my tools use mostly Python and a bit of C/C++ for 3D or FSH/QFS decoding
just in case you are interesting : https://github.com/wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

null45

My Photoshop format plugin and the thumbnail handlers are written in C++, the rest are all C#.

JoeST

For blatant advertisements sake, I've attempted creating generic DBPF reader/writer code in various languages here. The different branches have different languages/attempts. The wiki is a general reference to how DBPF's are formatted. There's even one in javascript :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tropod

thanks for the replies guys. wow that's a lot  &idea. I certainly have a long ways to go  ()testing(), talk about being out of the loop for awhile. RL  :thumbsdown:.

Where does anyone find time to play  $%Grinno$%

xannepan

Hey Tropod,
I have created some matlab scripts for reading/writing and editing the effect dir. Wouldn't call them a tool, and they are far from stable, but it did allow me to create some nice mods. Anyway, the scripts are of the prilex, just need to update them with a new version one of these days.
-alex