• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I can't find the Maxis PIM

Started by docj101, March 15, 2013, 08:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docj101

I know most of you are going to tell me to use SC4 PIMx, which I already have installed, so save your breathe.  I liked the Maxis PIM, so could anyone shed some light one where I can download it nowadays? I have been looking around fansites for quite some time and I can't find it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Diggis

Quote from: docj101 on March 15, 2013, 08:09:01 PM
I know most of you are going to tell me to use SC4 PIMx, which I already have installed, so save your breathe.  I liked the Maxis PIM, so could anyone shed some light one where I can download it nowadays? I have been looking around fansites for quite some time and I can't find it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Down the sidebar of the site is an EA support button. It's there under the BAT tool section.

docj101

Aha!  Thank you much!  You know I looked there for it and all I saw was the B.A.T.  I didn't read enough to see it was bundled with PIM.  Its been like 2 years since I used these tools.  Now that I know the new SimCity sucks in almost every way possible I'm trying to settle SC4 in on my new PC.   It looks like SC4 will remain the best city builder for a long time to come.

docj101

Well after opening the maxis pim I quickly realized why I got rid of it in the first place.  I remembered liking that it was a bit more simple then pim-x.  I do appreciate that it is so simple it refreshed my memory on lot building quickly, as it had been a few years.  However I had forgotten that it has most default values wrong and other values missing for the .desc files.

So you don't think I'm stupid for liking the maxis pim better I thought I would post this.  PIMx all the way!