• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Grey lines when I open the menus...?

Started by Tyberius06, August 16, 2016, 09:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi!

It's not a new problem for me, because since I occasionally use the SC4 Tool I has been meeting this problem. When I open a menu, for example "options", or "window" or whatever, multiple grey lines are appearing next to the menubox (see the attached picture) and then they star running down as a "counting back". If I'm clicking somewhere with the mouse or else during that or change window the program is getting frozen. After this "counting" had finished, I can click to the menu option or go to the next submenu arrow, where I find the some effect. The same problem appears if I want to open for example the scan menu of the dependency checker.
So this counting back and after working used to work for me, I guess, until I upgrade my Windows to Win10. Because now it starts the same grey lines ***t (I know watch my language, but I'm a little bit frustrated after all), but even if I don't do anything else, It just stucks a few seconds later and the program is getting frozen.
The only thing what is working (ok, from those ones what I usually use) is the TE editor, because there are no menu-s or submenus...
Oh, and Yes, I have the win7 patch, and as I mentioned this problem under Win7 was appearing aswell, it just was not getting frozen.
Can someone tell me what is this, and how can I fix that?

Thank you!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

I think this is the same problem as in Windows 7; SC4Tool is using some third party library for the menu that only works properly in Windows XP. In Win7, it was necessary to use WinXP compatiblity and disable "Desktop Composition" in the compatibility settings. You can try the very same in Win10, but there is no "desktop composition" setting anymore. In my German Win10 64 Bit, choosing WinXP SP3 compatibility was all that I had to set for getting the menu working again.
Andreas

Tyberius06

Thank You very much Andreas!!!! :)

It's working!  :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: &apls &apls
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.