• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fishman problems

Started by mittfh, January 09, 2008, 11:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittfh

1) Downloaded and installed Fishman 0.14.25070 (i.e. the only version available on Simtropolis)
2) Extracted a texture .fsh from a .dat in iLive's Reader
3) Loaded Fishman
4) Attemped to open the saved .fsh
5) Lovely little error dialog appears, including the function call trace:

Error loading FSH

(X) There was an error while loading the FSH.

Parameter is not valid.

at System.Drawing.Image._SetColorPalette(ColorPalette palette)
at System.Drawing.Image.set_Palette(ColorPalette value)
at FSHLib.FSHImage.Load(Stream s)
at FiSHMan.frmFSH.OpenFile(String path)

[ OK ]

The same error is produced from both 'plain' and 'decoded' fishes. So where does the error lie? The fishes I'm trying, fishman, or Vista? And before you ask, the same error is also produced in XP SP2 compatability mode...

vester

Could you attach the fsh ?

EDIT:
You could try version FiSHMan Beta, V0.2.0

mittfh

0.2.0 is the version I have - I was reporting the version described in the exe properties.

The fishes attached were extracted from Peg's OWW2 Resource Pack 2 - I've been given permission to produce left-hand transit versions of some of them. Now I could view them in Reader, take a screengrab, then use a paint package to crop the image, but obviously the process will be a little easier if I could persuade Fishman to open the extracted fishes and convert them to a 'normal' graphics file format.

Once that's done, it shouldn't take long to edit the files and use Reader + SC4tool to convert them back into fishes in a new dat file, and change the TGI to match the originals.

Andreas

Hmm, they open fine in my FiSHMan (the version you mentioned in the first posting). Attached is a ZIP file with some PNG files, hope this helps. :)
Andreas

mittfh

Might be something to do with the particular installation of Vista I'm running. I'll take a peek at the PNGs - they'll certainly be easier than cropping my Clip2Pic screengrabs of Reader down to size :)

jaatt

Hey Mit! made any progress with this issue? I have the exact loading error message!

null45