• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hmm... wierd problem & a suggestion

Started by Cosmic, May 14, 2008, 03:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic

Ok, so here's a description of what I'm doing before it happens: I'm terraining all happy-as-can-be, when suddenly I have to go away from the computer to do something.
So I go and do whatever needs doing, and when I come back, usually my computer is asleep/turned it's screensaver on. Now, when I get my computer back on, it gives me a dialog saying the computer was locked.
So I enter my password to get through that. But when I try and go back to SC4TF, it's frozen. I can't do anything on it, and if it was in the background, I can't switch to it. This is a problem because usually I haven't saved what I've done on it (I'm not really a person who remembers to save once per 5 minutes to keep it recent unless it's done for me...), which brings me to my suggestion: Maybe an Auto-Save function that users can turn on and specify the interval (in minutes) at which to automatically save whatever was done. This would be very convenient, especially for me, because I often forget to save most of the time... This problem usually ends up forcing me to close it via the taskbar (if I can even do that) or use the task manager (if it leads to that), and losing whatever I've done... It's happened twice now.

I use Windows XP Home SP2, have 1gb of RAM + 4096MB max Virtual Memory (which is maxed for my computer) with a 2.01ghz (don't ask me why it's 2.01 and not 2.00, I have no clue) Processor, and 88.5GB free of 149GB on my Hard Drive (more then half free), if any of that helps....

wouanagaine

Yes that is a shame the screensaver and DX usaly don't live together peacefully :( but to be honest, SC4TF development is finished

So you may learn to save by yourself which is a great skill for anything related to computer anyway :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Cosmic

Ah well... I can do that, thanks anyway for looking at this at least.. :)