• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make a region with all small cities

Started by Perrj99, June 26, 2008, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrj99

Hi, I'm new to the terraformer and am wondering how to make a region and select how many, and what size of each city there is in the region. Thanks a lot in advance, I want to make a region that resembles as best I can, the region which I live in. :thumbsup:

flame1396

You can copy another region's config.bmp and the other file (name escapes me atm, it opens in notepad though...) into a new region folder. Open the config.bmp picture and make it all red (255, 0 , 0) and open the other file and rename the region by changing the appropriate text (It's all easy).

Then open it in terraformer and enjoy. There is probably an easier way but then again mine is simple too. Good luck.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

wouanagaine

This is the common practice I think

Some may find Landscape Designer ( or similar name ) usefull to create a config.bmp file
And latest SC4StartupManager ( v3 ) has a very nice config.bmp maker

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Perrj99