• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

cleanitol error?

Started by rstarks, May 04, 2011, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstarks

when i run the BSC Cleanitol im getting the error message " Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 467, in OnReport
File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 106, in locate
File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 440, in Log
File "wx\_controls.pyo", line 1804, in AppendText
File "encodings\cp1252.pyo", line 22, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 88: character maps to <undefined>
"

this is the list im trying to run.

"*.html
*.htm
*.jpeg
*.jpg
*.txt
*.sav
*.gif

*.doc
*.rtf
*.zip
*.xml
*.iit
*.bak
*.doc
*.ico
*.pdf
*.sg"

any ideals on whats wrong?  :'(

meows

I loved the idea of the Cleantol. Having been away from SimCity4 for A few years and downloading new plugins I was very happy to see this tool. So I downloaded it and ran it and it totally destroyed my Regions and Plugin folders.. I had to actually Reinstall SimCity!

I did read the readme. and after all was said and done I did find a undo.bat file but it was way to late for that.

I think *Just my opinion* it need a lot more error checking and should only remove the selected files NOT my WHOLE Plugin directory/

Nice try though.

Find the undo.bat file and restore your game.
Meows /wrrd%&

JoeST

Quote from: meows on May 04, 2011, 11:24:16 PM
I loved the idea of the Cleantol. Having been away from SimCity4 for A few years and downloading new plugins I was very happy to see this tool. So I downloaded it and ran it and it totally destroyed my Regions and Plugin folders.. I had to actually Reinstall SimCity!

I did read the readme. and after all was said and done I did find a undo.bat file but it was way to late for that.

I think *Just my opinion* it need a lot more error checking and should only remove the selected files NOT my WHOLE Plugin directory/

Nice try though.

Find the undo.bat file and restore your game.
Meows /wrrd%&
Cleanitol does not touch your regions folder, and it backs up all its files into a folder ( %MY DOCUMENTS%/SimCity4/cleanitol/  or something similar)

But your post has no relevance to his question...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

catty

Quote from: rstarks on May 04, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
when i run the BSC Cleanitol im getting the error message " Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 467, in OnReport

Its usually a sign that either one of the files in your plugins folder or in the cleanitol file itself has a strange character in it, like a Japanese character for example, but in this case you have put quotes marks around the list

"*.html

if you are just quoting here no problem, but they shouldn't be in the cleanitol list and that's maybe what's causing your problem

hope that helps

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

JoeST

Quote from: catty on May 05, 2011, 04:14:33 AMif you are just quoting here no problem, but they shouldn't be in the cleanitol list and that's maybe what's causing your problem
He's just quoting, see the "'s around the stack-trace too :)

Try writing the cleanitol's list in a different file, that may fix it (I suspect it may be an encoding issue).

Probably best just wait for Stephan to appear.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms