• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cleanitol Mac

Started by Hamish, August 15, 2008, 06:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish

Now, no, Im not asking if there is one.

I have made a crude version of your Cleanitol using an application called "Automator". What Automator is, is a simple application for making what's called a "Workflow". It is a native Mac application, therefore it can run on Macs.

What my version does is Asks for a .txt file, ( the .txt file is setup the same as yours), and finds the files or folders listed in that .txt file and moves them to the trash.

It doesn't officially have a name yet, and Im am going to take a shot in the dark and ask if I could use "Cleanitol Mac". Although I don't think you will allow me.

I just want to notify you, however, that there is now a Mac version of your application. I will upload it to Simtropolis once I get a reply, and I could possibly upload it to your file exchange.

If anyone wants to try it, just ask and I will give you a link.π
<center></center>

Pat

Hamish don't be to quick to shoot it down at all... I bet Wouanagaine if he has any free time will stop in and not have a problem with the name Cleanitol Mac... Far as wanting to upload to the LEX I would suggest opening a thread in the LEX candidacy's thread and have vital info with pics showing off your work....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Hamish

Hmm, Ok then.

Vital info, such as what?
Yep, I can get pics.

I'll wait for a reply from Wouanagaine, just to be on the safe side. But if that doesn't come within a few days then I will open a thread in the LEX candidacy thread.
<center></center>

callagrafx

The concept sounds good but I have one small issue, that the files are moved to the trash.  Could the software be done in a way to move them to a folder instead?  Even if the user has to create the folder themselves as part of the set up, it's preferable than moving to the trash (just in case there's something someone wanted to keep). 

As for the name...Have to wait and see what Wou says.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

BarbyW

Wouanagaine is on holiday until next weekend so I suggest you wait until he is home before doing anything further.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Hamish

Yeah, I will wait. That was my plan.

callagrafx, yes I would be able to do that, I think. But it would have to stay in one place all the time. It would be harder to have to chose where it goes.
<center></center>

Hamish

Can I get an update on my answer please???
<center></center>

wouanagaine

Sorry to not seeing it before

Proceed as you want  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Hamish

Thats fine.

Thank you very much.
<center></center>

callagrafx

Will this be multi-OS (Panther, Tiger, Leopard)?  I ask as there are significant code changes within Leopard that "breaks" a lot of older apps.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Hamish

Yes, I have both Tiger and Leopard. So I have separate apps for both.
<center></center>

alonsofedz

What ever happened to releasing it?

mgb204

Given the last post was 9 years ago, I'm guessing it never made it to an official release.

APSMS

Given that Hamish is an active administrator over at simtropolis.com, I suggest you PM him (either here, or there, but there is probably more reliable) and ask him about this project.

He may have the code floating around, or be willing to whip up a new version if the old one no longer works. It's worth a shot, but asking here on a 9-year-old thread is not likely to yield many results.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Mero90

The Cleantiol included in the NAM installer runs fine on the NAM Mac port, have never tried to port the original Cleantiol, but it should run.