• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mass Effect: The Milky Way @SC4D

Started by Huston_N7, January 29, 2013, 04:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Very cool, the contrast between wilderness and sci-fi-tech is excellent.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Sci Fi + real world = winner!

I like it.

Cheers
Willy

Mr.Lin

I feel like watching a sci-fi movie !It remind me of the Star Trek ! That's really great ! &apls
Looking forward to your next update !
Cheer~
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

weixc812

Not an honest fan of your futuristic pics though (I'm a traditional guy  $%Grinno$%), I still admire your way of weaving stories. Your work, unbelievable creation with LE and PS, inspires me a lot. Please keep up the great work  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Huston_N7

art128
Thanks a lot, and I'll be sure to re-size it :)

noahclem
Thanks for that and I'll be sure to use the image resizing html, just never really new how to do that :P And can't believe atmospheric conditions over Finland can be even colder than Mars D: Brrr.

vortext/b]
Thanks a lot :D

Swordmaster
Thanks, a definite combination :D

Mr.Lin
Lol, Star Trek seems to be what most people correlate my MD with (it's not even close to Star Trek, and I've never really been a fan of it :P ) But thanks a lot :)

art128
I totally understand, 'Sci-Fi' just isn't for everyone :P but thanks nonetheless :D

__________________________________________________________________________________

Note: This update seems rather ironic since when I released it on Simtropolis, I had no broadband data (Obviously I'm from a data capped country :P ) and the internet is running unbelievably slow.

Anyways, this update is - well... a little difficult to interpret, I went a little bit overboard with the effects, but seriously, it's not a blizzard without heaps of snow, and its just how I work, so I'm really sorry if it happens to be too much. The next update will be more vivid I assure you :P

It was great for TMW to be on the OSITM. Thanks to everyone who's been reading it.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Polus, an uninhabitable frozen world with a rich nitrogen, argon atmosphere with traces of oxygen. Polus is also the largest of the 'terrestrial trio', a common Salarian reference to Ilix's three largest terrestrial planets.

It's fourth from the Red Dwarf star Ilix, neighboring the system's only marginally habitable world Kor'lesh, which is tidally locked to Ilix. Polus and the lone gas giant, Nira are the only planets in the system that are not tidally locked to Ilix as they present the right distance to allow planetary rotation. Though since its distance is far out enough to allow Polus to rotate, it also means the planet lies quite far out of Ilix's narrow habitable zone, in which Kor'lesh lies near the center. Though this obstacle has not stopped many from eyeing the possibility of terraforming the very arid and frozen Polus.

Currently, cooperating Salarian, Human and Asari scientists are testing there theory in which the introduction of Greenhouse gases into the atmosphere would aid in warming the planet. Unfortunately, funding for these projects are limited by any Salarian or Human governments and/or corporations. Still, many bases exist on the planet and have begun the slow process of introducing gases like Carbon Dioxide and amounts Methane to trap heat and warm Polus.

Such stations like the Sekdril Observation Center monitor the progress and in its various station sectors, convey various covert research operations; such research operations include the research of the Polus' numerous microbial life forms found in the caves and crevasses of Polus' glaciers and mineral loaded mountains. There are also rumored Prothean artifacts being researched at Sekdril, but there have been no substantial evidence to prove they exist. With that, no further investigations were carried out. But if the station is holding covert research on Prothean artifacts, their staff risk incarceration under Council law, despite Polus being in the Terminus Systems.

Meanwhile...

As the Salarian transport ship enters the Aerene system, they depart the Lera Relay located near the gas giant world, Lera. The Salarian scientific research crew leave the Aerene system by FTL travel, reaching the Ilix star system in mere hours.

They finally reach the Ilix system and have the planet Polus in sight. The scientists onboard the ship take a shuttle to enter the planet rather than going by ship; the reported weather over the Mintet Mountains proves to difficult to maneuver by ship. In the background, two of Polus' four moons, Cenatis and Tilara also appear.

As they descend further into the planet's atmosphere, just above the clouds, weather becomes more evidently erratic as a strong blizzard system passes over the Mintet Mountains.

Visibility is extremely low, as they can barely see through the oncoming snowfall. The mountains below them are a grave hazard as they could easily crash into the ridges and elevations.

The scientific crew pass by a Greenhouse Diffusion Plant, one of many plants which pump gases like CO2 into the planet's atmosphere to increase the greenhouse level on the vastly frozen world.

The crew take a detour as the station as taking their regular route would lead them to an area currently dominated by significantly dangerous conditions.

The Salarian scientists reach the Sekdril Observation Center, a base which is carved into Mintet's vast mountains. It's well hidden, especially during strong blizzards such as today. They begin leave the ship without haste. Unfortunately, due to malfunction, the station's docking bay doors won't open. Instead, the crew don their essential Enviro-suits in order to walk only several feet outside to reach the station's pedestrian entrance. Because Polus lacks the Oxygen to support a more brethable enviroment, Enviro-suits are an essential and very basic neccessity when visiting Polus.

As they enter the station, only those inside would know of their intentions to visit Sekdril. Could it be related to the rumored illegal possession of Prothean Artifacts? Maybe. You'll soon find out.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for viewing TMW!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

vortext

Yep, it's a blizzard alright!!  :D

Great work!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

whatevermind

The mosaic is great! Really conveys the feeling of this desolate, snowy world.

Huston_N7

vortext
It indeed is, Thanks :)

vortext
Thanks a lot :D
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Virmire is a planet locale in Mass Effect (1) and is the serene location of Saren Arterius' base, the story's 'indoctrinated' leader. Its been sitting in my archive folder for a while and though I should probably release the update. Hope you enjoy. And if you're wondering at all how I made the planet, for Virmire and a couple of other planets, I decided to use original Mass Effect planet textures and overlap it with some of my own and other planets from the game to devise a new planet appearance. All done in photoshop. Information about the world is derived from the game itself.

So on with update!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

In the depths of the Sentry Omega cluster, its gateway system, Hoc, hosts a beautiful garden world dominated by a wide equatorial band of humid tropical climate.

Though a seemingly great world for colonization by a Carbon-based species like Humans, the world is left in the dark for colonial prospects by any species in Citadel Space. The planet lies in a chaotic and mostly ungoverened space, along the ridges of the Attican Traverse and Terminus Systems. Because of this, warlords and local powers make it difficult for the Council to reach any reasonable compromises and negotiations in terms of the world's colonization. Power struggles make it even far more complicated than it should be, forcing the Council to disregard any possiblity of the planet ever being colonized by any species at a large scale. Political instability in the Traverse and Terminus systems truly impedes any chance of colonization for Virmire.

But it doesn't mean that there is any exploitation. It's highly overlooked status means that it's rarely surveyed or investigated upon by any significant galactic organizations or government bodies. This creates a very well hidden veil over the planet, leaving it to be taken by anyone who has the means to settle the virgin garden world of Virmire.

In this case, the Ex-Spectre Turian, Saren Arterius.

A typical day would usually see wandering Pod-Crabs along the coastlines of Vimire's tropical equator. Its stunning beaches and coral coasts as well as its beautiful rock formations make for a great place to settle. Unfortunately, no power in the Terminus Systems or Traverse see a feesible future on the planet as they lack the means for large scale occupation.

Providing a remarkable view, though weather can typically be quite sketchy at times. It is a tropical world, and tropical typhoons/cyclones/hurricanes can become a common threat along its coastlines.

When Commander Shepard and the crew of the Normandy arrive at Virmire, they're greeted with unwelcoming, very hostile Geth forces. Broken up in bands along the picturesque coast, they eliminate each one with the aid of their quite trusty Mako. They're not far out of Saren's base as they await to make contact with Salarian assault forces on the outskirts. Meanwhile, several innocent Pod-Crabs die in the process.

------------

Numerous Pod-Crabs died in the making of this update.

Thanks for viewing TMW!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

RepublicMaster

Very nice update! :D So nice I can see it twice. ;)

Huston_N7

RepublicMaster
Thanks Will :)

Note: This update took a while to make and require me to make a number of BATs to make a skyline that is uniquely from this MD.

Enjoy :)

Welcome back to the capital of the independent planetary system of Kanaze. Home to a diverse number of species, merceneries, hideouts and criminals of all backgrounds. The city is a magnet, constantly attracting criminals and low lifes from Omega and like it's Eezo rich Asteroid station counterpart, is at the center of all chaos.

The scum capital is a city sub-divided into districts. These districts are often borders set by local powers, gangs and factions. The districts also are clear definitions between industrial zonage and residential to commerical zonage. Residential and Commercial zones are located mainly in the outskirts of the city's island; these districts and areas are often referred to as Civilian Districts as they're mostly composed of the homes and businesses of local peoples as well as the area being freely accessed by Civilians.

However, Industrial or Privatized districts to be more accurate, are areas of which are restricted to authorized persons. These areas are not typically occupied by any civilians as the areas of industry are of restricted zones, regulated by the ruling coroporations upholding ownership of the district. Tresspassers that are found are often shot on site, or if not, are just "shown the way out" or in any case, detained.

A map illustrating the borders of districts in Ark'bor and the definitions between Civilian Districts and Privatized Districts. You can see which zones are occupied and zoned for Civilians and areas which are under Coroporate ownership, containing mostly industries, factories and scientific labs.

By looking at the map, you can see that most, if not all Civilian Districts make contact with both the East and West Glo'gahn Rivers. All Civilian Districts are located on the outer edges of the island, while the inner city districts harbor dirty corporate industries, with districts names designed by a letter and number with A representing the word "Area" as its title. There are 17 Industrial or Privatized Districts in Ark'bor while the rest consist of 22 sub-divided Factions or Civilian Districts. Tizo District, the area being visited currently is located along the East Glo'gahn River, around the city's northern CDs end bordered by Caleston and Tenzae.

The Industrial/Privatized District coded A4D is under an unknown corporate ownership, likely to be a company located off-world. With no real standards, poor conditions and aiding in destroying Kanaze's natural environment, it really is no place for any civilians to be in. But many of the city's inhabitants are employed here, often desparate when they find themselves in a tight financial situation. The employees are typically only allowed to be on the district premises within work hours and the areas designated for employees. Those who break these regulations are often never heard from again.

The "Inner City's" endless skyline composed of dirty factories and labs with water treatment plants and resevoirs in between. All districts within the inner zone like A4D are composed of this kind of infrastrcuture, exploiting the former eden of Kanaze. Extracting heavy and light metals, minerals and rare ores, refining, manufacturing, testing... you name it, it all happens here.

Meanwhile, along the river, a part of the Tizo District area is a buzz with activity, like all other of Ark'bor Districts. The skyline seems to boast wealth, yet only miniscule population hold that wealth and live luxurious lives on a dying rock.

A metropolis of gleaming skyscrapers, flashing holograms and lights with buzzing sky cars in the foreground. Whilst an endless industrial skyline lies in the background, degrading what is left of Kanaze.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tizo District, Ark'bor City, Ilego-Ark'bor Continental Region - Kanaze / Nesu'luun System / Violet Nebula -- 2186 C.E.

...Flashforward...

Through the eyes of a Salarian and a Human

________________________________________________________________________________________

The Filthy city of Ark'bor and its various districts run through yet another typical day. Carbon Dioxide's in the air, and Ammonia is in the water, and other than the CO2, the Volus would be loving it on Kanaze. In the midst of it all, two friends employed at the A4D district are taking on their usual daily routine occupations in one of the district's underground mining facilities. In a not so well sealed building, they make their way towards the exit and are heading into Tizo for food after a lengthy shift.

Leo (Human) - Damn toxic air, can't breathe properly in all this crap. I can't even believe why I'm still even living here. Living here, we might as well be in merc group, sounds better than this f***ing dead end job.

Nelos (Salarian) - Hey, the money's pretty good, without it, we'd be screwed anyway. It's not like we could go anywhere else. I mean, the people on Illium are so uptight and so "concerend" about security. I'm not living on some planet that's gonna tell me what to do.

Leo (Human) - I guess, if it weren't for all this smog, hell, it'd the best place to live in the galaxy with no laws and freewill. What I think anyway.

Nelos (Salarian) - Damn right.

Leo (Human) - So where'd we park the skycar? I swear it was right over here!

Nelos (Salarian) - It wasn't here, it's on the other side. We parked in Zone 5.

Leo (Human) - Oh.

They took the skycar and took a route over A4D.

Leo (Human) - Can't wait to eat, I'm starving after that shift.

Nelos (Salarian) - Same thing. Hey, did you hear anything about some invasion?

Leo (Human) - Yeah. I heard Earth got hit hard, I was lucky my parents were on Eden Prime, they evacuated. Heard from them a this morning about it. They said they were on the Citadel in a refugee zone. I'm gonna try get there too see what's goin on, make sure they're okay.

Nelos (Salarian) - Damn, sorry. Haven't heard much about Sur'Kesh, seems pretty okay so far.

Leo (Human) - Right. (Looks at ominous Holoboards regarding evacuation) Looks like that invasion's gettin' word around here, they've got holograms goin' about evacuations.

Nelos (Salarian) - Meh, I'm going to get myself some food before I even think about leaving the planet. Even if it kills it me.

They drive through the rest of A4D, and arrive around the outskirts of Tizo. But out of nowhere, without warning, th piercing sound of an ominous siren blares throughout the city. The hazy yellow sky is painted with red lasers, penetrating the city below. Shrills and screams from its inhabitants grow loud as marauder ships rain over the city.

Meteorite like objects pummel the city's surface and the buildings around. Fires rage out of control as the destruction spreads.

Nelos (Salarian) - S**T! WHAT THE F**K ARE THOSE!?

Leo (Human) - I THINK THOSE ARE THOSE REAPERS I HEARD ABOUT! WATCH OUT! LAND THE DAMN CAR. WE'RE GONNA DIE UP HERE!

Nelos lands the skycar while trying to dodge the flying debris, lasers and marauding ships. He crash lands the car into a bar, and the two barely escape with their lives. The city's sky above was turning into a saturated red, while the roads and paths were being painted in a saturated sickly red, full of the blood of the innocents being massacred by the Reaper Destroyers and invading Capital ships. They were obviously coming in force. 93 Million sapients on one planet is a lot to gain for harvesting. Several million in one city makes an even greater target.

Nelos (Salarian) - Dammit, we have to find a way outta here or we're gonna die like the rest!

Leo (Human) - I know! I know! (Looks up at the top of a building) LOOK! At the top, some shuttles! They're takin' people and evacuating! We have to get up there, it's our only chance!

Nelos (Salarian) - This day just gets better and better...first, a long crappy shift, I'm hungry, and now there's buildings exploding above us. And we have to catch up to that shuttle before it leaves us here to die! Ughhh!

Leo (Human) - Just shut up and start runnin', we don't have much time!

Dozens of shuttles like the one above around the city were taking in evacuees. Unfortunately with little time to prepare and little received word of the invasion, has left Ark'bor and the rest of Kanaze extremely vulnerable to Reapers. But people weren't about to stand down and give up without a fight. Kanaze was a planet full of outlaws and criminals. They weren't about to die in vein.

But as one could imagine, survival instincts would tell people to leave the planet ASAP. And that's what many were doing. Jumping at the chance to leave before dying. But many would stay behind and take their chances to save their world.

Even though their city was crumbling at the seams. And even with evac shuttles at the ready, those shuttles weren't guaranteed to leave the planet.

The falling meteorite objects held Reaper ground units, set to overwhelm and kill any Civilians on the ground. A ground assault began as Reaperized beings began to savagely exterminate and round up the population on ground zero. All a part of the plan for the planet's submission to the Reapers. But with an unparalleled resistance, many began to rebel, weapon in hand and killed any Reaper units chasing them down. Thousands who have not been able to reach any evacuation ships have even retreated to the thick overgrown jungles that lie across the river. It would start a length game of hide-and-go-seek with a guerilla war stuck in the middle of it all. A great tactic for such a massive enemy.

Leo (Human) - We're almost up, where's the door to the rooftop!?

Nelos (Salarian) - I see it, that sign, that should take us to the rooftop!

Leo (Human) - Hold up, can you hear that? That growling noise?

Nelos (Salarian) - What !? Are you serious? We can't stop now, we have to catch those evac shuttles!

Then suddenly, behind them appeared an armed Marauder, Cannibals and pack of Husks which sighted them.

Leo & Nelos - Awwwww, S**********T! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

The Husks came running towards them through the hall, ready to maul them. The Cannibals were eyeing them, and readying to target and shoot. All until they disappeared behind the walls and out to the door which lead them to the rooftop.

Leo (Human) - There, the shuttles!

Nelos (Salarian) - Hurry up, we need to get to those shuttles! (looks over to the person helping people board) HEEEY!! WAAAAAIT!! We need a WAY OFF-WORLD!

Shuttle Evac Attendant (Human) - We haven't got any more room!

Leo (Human) - WELL MAKE SOME DAMN ROOM! I AIN'T STAYING ON THIS ROCK for all of this!

They along with the Shuttle Evac attendant squeeze into the already tightly packed shuttle. People were face to face, shoulder to shoulder with barely any room to breathe. The pilots and evacuees were hoping to make contact with the system's several Helium-3 refueling planet's. A short FTL jump to Menera, the closest gas giant to Kanaze would help them escape the system. They were receiving reports that Reapers were being engaged by the Kanaze Defense fleet over Menera's moons, buying time for the precious Helium-3 and Hydrogen refueling stations.

The Shuttles lifted off the building and into the hectic skies above them.

Below them, and endless skyline filled with terror, raging fires and destruction laid the landscape. The city was ablaze and they watched it burn as they left Ark'bor behind. Thousands continued to die every minute, thousands more every hour. Even with resistance, they couldn't be truly stopped. But at least they would manage to survive and hold on to the world. Even though Ships and reinforcement from surrounding regions were en route to the capital, for now the city would lay be sieged.

Leo and Nelos made a narrow escape from Ark'bor and Kanaze. In just a short hour, they managed to run through marauders, laser firing ships and crumbling skyscrapers. Not to mention face to face with Reaperized beings. But they managed to survive and live another day...For now.

Leo (Human) - Where are we headed?

Shuttle Evac Attendant (Human) - We'll need to get to a Spaceport at Menera and board another evac ship before we leave the system. After that, we'll likely head for the Citadel. They're advising civilian traffic to head for systems that aren't under Reaper occupation. Don't know exactly where that would be at this point, but they're sending in info about it.

Nelos (Salarian) - Here, I have a vid on my datapad. The Citadel's crammed with refugees.

Leo (Human) - Better headed there than anywhere, no where else seems as safe. We really just dodge a bullet there.

Nelos (Salarian) - Let's not try doing that again.

As they leave the planet, people begin to converse in a panicked sense as they desparately try to contact relatives in other systems. But with several severed system Comm buoys, they have little option but to wait.

Thanks for viewing TMW.
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Gugu3

sc-4

Call me Ludo

whatevermind

Wow! Excellent update. Every part of it is really well done. I love your industrial areas, and the mosaics and battle shots are stunning, not to mention a good story to go with it all!  &apls

vortext

Great updates! Those are some epic mosaics!!  &apls &apls

Did you BAT the Reapers or are those shopped in? Either way, it's awesome! 

The update before is also very nice. Excellent mmp skills. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Republic on August 26, 2013, 06:38:25 PM
Numerous Pod-Crabs died in the making of this update.

Those Pod-Crabs never stood a chance man!  :'(   $%Grinno$%
time flies like a bird

Huston_N7

Gugu3
Thanks a lot :)

sc-4
Much appreciated comment :)

whatevermind
Thanks, it took a lotta time to get this update together :P

vortext
Thanks a lot! The Reapers were photoshopped and weren't BATs but any unfamiliar skyscrapers were my own BATs :P Those Pod-Crabs had to get into the crossfire! :P

Note: This update contains a BAT in which I attempted to make a simple station through Google Sketchup and render it with 3dsMax. It also contains a long pointless picture of Liquid Hydrogen.

Yes, we're exploring two places in one, but one's more interesting than the other. Especially when you take into account that one's a gas giant. But unless you're at Austra, you have squat to look at.

Along the fringes of the large Aerene solar system lies the planet Lera, a gas giant much smaller than Austra, Aerene's largest gas giant world. It was the first object that Asari pioneers and researchers first saw when they ventured into the unknown system after the Relay was illegally activated by an unknown Terminus outlaw group. The founding Asari later in the 1950s then decided to construct a fortified research station, set out to explore and observe the star systems of what was then the newly discovered Violet Nebula cluster. They're objective was mainly to observe the vacuum of space and find and chart planets in the Aerene system and closer surrounding star systems; eventually, if they were lucky enough, they would find another garden world for habitation in the process. In the following decades, the Asari who observed this region of space were without luck, finding no garden worlds, yet discovering a number of planets in the gas giant range, to worlds that were charted that had no viable atmosphere. It would only be in the later decades of the 2000s and 2100s that they would find more garden worlds than first expected. They would also find out that they would be beaten by the Human Race in finding a garden world that was right under the noses of the more technologically superior Asari.

When the peak of interest in scouting for worlds and researching this region of space began to dissapate, the station was gradually abandoned, and funding was cut short, leaving it vacant. By then, a host of profitable Helium-3 and Hydrogen mining stations were setup, and their corporate owners had eyed the formerly designated Lera Outpost, with a confidence in the idea to repurpose the station for monetary gain. An Asari entrepreneur from the colony world of Illium set out to expand her activities from extraction, refinery and refueling in a dulled fuel depot environment to create a welcoming and more hospitable rest-stop and resort to cater the needs of those passing by the well used Lera Relay. With such an idea in mind, she saw the opportunity in using the vacant Lera Outpost, and sought to repurpose the station to her liking. These days, the station thrives as a refueling station, rest stop, and even opened to housing permanent to temporary citizens, further establishing a thriving commercial and trading culture on the Asari built station.

The station in the later dates of renovation, was given a new designation by its new tennant. The Lera Gateway Station.

The station is built quite high over Lera's atmosphere and ring system. The simplistic design of the station, though dulled, still gives it an elegant contemporary feel, and has won over its inhabitants and passing traffic, luring them to this hospitable station. Raids by Terminus Pirates are avoided as the station remains quite heavily fortified and small fleet guards the system. In the background, the Lera Mass Relay, the Violet Nebula's only connection to the wider Milky Way is seen floating over the gas giant. A number of ships seem to be arriving through the relay, indicated by the eminating linear blue lights.

Around the station, several merchant freighter ships are navigating their way into and out of the station. Two ships are readying to enter the station docks for refueling. Meanwhile inside, people of all races in the galaxy come to call the station home. About 20,000 people live aboard the station and live their lives in solitude above the purple-pink gas giant planet below them.

Meanwhile, in the gas giant's lower atmosphere, mass amounts of pressure generated by its thick gaseous atmosphere of varying elements have compacted the Hydrogen below into an almost liquid form. Here in sight is the closest thing Lera has to a surface. An ocean-like coverage of Hydrogen in metallic form sits, colorless, only given a purplish-pink hue due to the atmosphere's tint, though the reality of this would be that no light penetrates through the clouds far enough to illuminate this layer of metallic Hydrogen. Simply meaning that you wouldn't be able to observe this rather dull scene. Yet, here you are, looking at it. Nothing more than mere speculation.

Lera Gateway Station, Lera / Aerene System / Violet Nebula -- 2186 C.E.

...Flashforward...

Warnings of an incoming Reaper force blurted through sirens and warnings given by galactic authorities and nearby clusters. The inhabitants of the Lera Gateway station were in panic with the number of ships running low to evacuate its 20,000 inhabitants. Fleets were beginning to mobilize, some stationed alongside extraction facilities closer to Lera and some stationed with the LGS. Human manned fleets reinforcing the front were sent from Ferust to aid in evacuations and join the defending fleets.

Unfortunately, time was running short, and luck wasn't on their side.

Dozens of Reaper ships began to arrive through the Relay, and their numbers began to overwhelm the defending fleet. With little outside help, the various stations above Lera, including the LGS were left vulnerable to Reaper attack. The Reapers arriving through the Relay spared only a few ships to destroy the infrastructure over Lera, as they had more important worlds to attend to rather than waste time on an insignificant space station.

The defending fleets' ships were no match for the Reapers, finding that their resistance was futile. The war over Lera remained nothing more than a spat for the Reapers, succeeding in destroying the stations. Explosions from above the planet began to brighten in the background, and when the Reapers sighted the Gateway station, an ominous red light tormented the civilians abored the station and fired on its protruding arms, knowing what would come next. Bit by bit, the station was decimated, and the thousands of civilians aboard the station killed in the process. The Reapers job was done here, and they could move on to more promising targets.

...The few ships that managed to escape the attacks lie in wait in the dark, in hopes that the Reapers don't spot them on a nearby moon. Once the Reapers left to target other systems, they retreated to the Lera Relay in hopes that they could find refuge on some other system, or the Citadel in the farther reaches of the Serpent Nebula...

Thanks for viewing TMW.
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Kergelen

Great work adapting SC4 to your purposes &apls

I like the different natural landscapes you are creating.

Links to SC4 websites

Huston_N7

Kergelen
Thanks a lot :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Hi. :P

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Human homeworld, Earth. Home to a crowded 11.4 billion people, the planet is clearly vastly overpopulated. Over the course of a hundred years, the number of nation states decreased when organizations and countries began to unify under new supreme governments and designations.

The ocean levels have risen two meters, submerging low lying lands and the world's environment has been greatly disrupted causing vast climatic anomalies and severe repercussions after the damage Humans inflicted on the Earth between the early 20th century and the later 21st century. Fortunately, during the same hundred years, Humans have also been able to thrive after the discovery of the Prothean Ruins on Mars. This set for a more unified Human society, eliminating social and medical ills such as racial discrimination, genetic diseases and even improving the average life-span of a Human being. Unfortunately, for poorer regions of the planet, most are still stuck in poverty, poor health and are limited to 20th century advancement, though this does not impede economical development on a national level. And the economic development on global level has reached new heights, no longer bound by the confines of the Earth system.

Meanwhile, in the United North American States, along the interstate in the Mojave Desert remains eerily quiet with little traffic in a particular area dozens of miles away from the city of Las Vegas.

Just north of the interstate, lie two radio towers. These towers are largely unused by mainstream telecommunications as they're rendered outdated by the vast fiber-optic networks that span continents, the effective satellite communcations network and Quantum entanglement communication developed from 22nd century FTL technology. Radio communications is commonly instead used as a secondary option in times of crisis when vital telecommuncation networks are severed. Stations and towers like these are still maintained, but are not a sole focus and therefore have limited on-site workers who do nothing more than monitor and make regular maintenance checks around facilities. If any radio transmissions happen to come across, then they're there to manage it, yet this is no longer a common occurance.

Just south of those radio towers is the interstate crossing the Mojave Desert in Nevada state. Several dozen miles from Las Vegas, and traffic seems scarce on what would be a more busy freeway. Alongside these much vacant roads are signage with holographic labels. Even when the billboard's from 1950, there's a holo-message there flickering.

A seemingly rare scene in which little activity presents itself on the Mojave. Only can you see flickering holograms, a pimped sky-car and a lane-changing truck. Not much else.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for viewing TMW.
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

rooker1

Wow, incredible imagination you have. It's really interesting what we can now do with our beloved game.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Huston_N7

Robin
Thanks Robin, always great to receive a comment :D And it definitely is!

Note: Heeyyy.

Well, Earth is in peril cause well, the Reapers have in this update taken over almost all of Earth :O These series of images take you through some of Earth's rural regions as Reapers begin to deviate from the cities that have already been occupied and are in the process of harvesting. It's an interesting update, taking you from the burning towns of across the shores of Asia-Pacific to the scorched countryside of the North-American Midwest.

That's pretty much it. Update starts here.

Earth. The Human homeworld. But not as you know it. The year 2186 has brought upon the presence of the Reapers. The sentient race of starships, invading the Milky Way every 50,000 years to harvest advanced space-faring organic civilizations to "preserve life". And now, Earth is under siege. The vast cities Humanity has built over thousands of years are now rubble, burning to the ground as Reaper capital ships decimate entire structures and destroyers with company of ground forces rounding up the civilian population. The world's nation states have now gone dark and the destruction of Sol's comm-buoys have impeded communication with the home-system.

With the cities of Earth now mere storehouse of Human DNA, the Reapers occupying these cities take in Humans to use for processing. With the main population centers mostly captured, human resistance in these cities have fled to more sparsely populated zones to slow down Reaper harvesting abilities. But even taking shelter in the countryside isn't a long-term solution to the situation, and the Reapers begin to encroach on these hiding civilians as capital ships, gunships and destroyers complemented by vast ground forces begin to scout the countrysides of rural Earth.

In Japan's rural regions, numerous capital ships land in open farmland to monitor the countryside to search for any civilians hiding out in abandoned infrastructure and the dense reserves of forest. Entire untouched towns are set a light by the scavenging destroyers, attempting to force human resistance out of safezones in the area and into submission. Along the roads, pulverized skycars are left to burn with a downed Alliance shuttle, likely to have gone through the area to extract civilians, only to find Reapers scouting the area.

In the Philippines, rural provincial areas are fired on to intimidate civilians and any human resistance in the region. Meanwhile, Cannibals, husks, marauders and banshees crash into the towns and round up the remaining population. Running into numerous resistance forces, they are easily wiped out as they're heavily disadvantaged by Reaper firepower. The slums along side Laguna de Bay ignite and burn in a matter of seconds as laser beams incinerate and level entire establishments. Its population begin to retreat further, and hide in densely forested hills to escape Reaper activity and re-group in order to build up human resistance numbers.

In South Africa's rural regions, small towns and slums are reduced to rubble and the population enslaved and rounded up by ground forces. Though resistance in the area still remains relatively strong and hold back Reaper ground forces until destroyers sight them. They continue to hide and soon, will retreat back further to prevent any unnecessary casualties.

In Switzerland's sparse countryside, isolated farms are immediately destroyed by the Reapers as populations are too low to harvest. Larger isolated villages however are usually preyed upon and the Reapers often trap its civilians to force them into submission. Though on most occasions, the Reapers have found these rural communities almost left abandoned completely; its civilians fleeing to resistance zones to meet with greater human resistance to repel Reaper forces or retreat to its empty countryside to stay out of sight of Reaper activity.

In the American Midwest, farms that dot the states are obliterated and small towns are harvested for the higher populations. The Reapers continue to round up its remaining human population and sever their human resistance. Though conflict still stands as civilians refuse to submit to Reaper occupation, persuing resistance operations against Reaper forces in vast countryside towns and rural farm areas. Advised evacuations of isolated homesteads have prevented the unnecessary loss of life, and when the threat passes, these homes provide a safe haven or staging base for future resistance operations.

In the Canadian provinces of the UNAS, the desolate northern interior of the BC remain mostly unpopulated as many have retreated either farther north or attempt to make contact with larger civilian concentrations in the Reaper occupied south. The skycar driving along the highway is unluckily underneath a landing Reaper capital ship, scowering the region for possible human presence and severing connections by melting roads. In the skies, the Reaper remains oblivious to the Alliance evacuation shuttles, heading north to avoid Reaper presences. The shuttles will need to manouver around the ship undectected, otherwise they risk detection and the loss of innocent civilians in the process.

Reapers continue to sweep across rural regions, in search of remaining human populations. The chances of survival any civilians in these rural areas are begining to turn against their favor.

Thanks for viewing TMW.
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

nbvc

Great work and fantastic images you have created. &apls