• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

It is because it is hard to let go, when you know you still are able to do so much more. That is why some games release dates get pushed further, because more stuff is felt necessary to be done before release. I had to wait years, and years until Driver3 came out, but by the time that came out, it was 5 years later at least.

Tarkus

No worries, it will indeed get released.  :thumbsup: There had been a couple setbacks earlier, but things are full-speed ahead now.  "When" is indeed the question.  

I'll have a better idea once I get the next Alpha Build done for the testers . . .   ;)  And I really do hope the final product won't disappoint.  It won't be "complete" (there's always more that can be added ;)), but it should be a substantial improvement.  I do have the feature list more or less ironed out now, too.

metasmurf, to answer your question, I'm not certain yet--that's one thing I don't have ironed out yet.  The RHW-3 stuff may end up having to wait until Version 22, but I'll see what all I can get done with this version.  And if it does end up having to wait until Version 22, I'll make sure the time between releases is much, much shorter than between Versions 20 and 21.  I know the Swedish RHW users out there are probably heavily anticipating it. :)

(Of course, I've actually been tempted to change the version numbering, too, though that might cause more confusion than its worth.  ;))

And 118 votes in the poll now--interesting results, too--everyone either seems to think it's very soon, or farther off. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

Empire Builder, Inc. Helping you build your Empire.

As of today, Swamper Industries is now a subsidiary of Empire Builder, Inc. which is helping the TDOT build the RHW overpasses. As part of this joint venture, the style of the overpasses is getting an upgrade. Here is a wireframe model of how the overpasses will look:

The overpasses will have a 1 meter thick concrete substructure beneath the roadway surface and Jersey barriers are installed along the sides of the elevated roadway deck. The roadway deck is supported by a column of concrete designed to meet modern structural code for highway overpasses. The result will be a safe and modern style overpasses for the RHW.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

metasmurf

Quote from: Tarkus on October 06, 2008, 06:38:17 PM
I know the Swedish RHW users out there are probably heavily anticipating it. :)

Yupp, can't wait to build those budget "motorways"  :D

MandelSoft

Tarkus, when you're seeking for testers, then you'll get many people who want to test it (inlcluding me!) ;) . And Swamper; nice bridge model. Glad you're working on it  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

pagenotfound

Those new overpasses do look a lot safer BTW.  ;D  And Alex, if you need one more tester i am available ;)
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Swamper77

The first few models have been done and put into the game:

New graphics have been made for these new models. The Jersey barriers are part of the models themselves. No T21's were used to put them there. Alex's ramps no longer look like "floating M.C. Escher ramps". There are two supports under the ramps; the second one is mostly hidden by the roadway deck of the ramp, but it is there. ;)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

JoeST

Those models are great Swamper :) cant wait to test it out ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

gn_leugim

Patricius Maximus

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

toxicpiano

nice! It's a shame you can see the fanning out bit of the top half of the column that you posted. This would look great on the standard road and avenue pieces.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Flo8472

Greetings Flo8472
SimCityMultiplayer.com - Your World of SimCity Multiplayer!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kj3400

I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

bat

Great work on these models!! :thumbsup: They are looking wonderful! :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Great models Swamper - and of course you're showing off your police vehicles too... ;D

I'd love to see your version of the elevated RHW curve, and also the ground/elevated RHW on-slope piece, whenever those are of sufficient finishedness to be shown here.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pilotdaryl

If only SC4D had a drooling emoticon!

That's better! ;D

Monorail Master

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! I knew my time of being inactive would pay off!!!! Man! I can't wait to start building RHW fly-over ramps with v21!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination