• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 1 Route 10 and BorderTown Rail Lines (BTR Lines)

Started by Pat, March 13, 2009, 08:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

This is the area I will post Challenge 1 pics.... I will do separate threads for each challenge that is under taken...
In my first thread "Here is where I will show off my BorderTowns" will be for overview or top quality pics that I believe are the best from each update...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK so there is my region view pic with Route 10 and the Rail line as per the first request...  I made my choice for this route based on the ease of connection from A - M as per the the rules where we had to go threw 6 tiles.. Well there you have it 6 tiles and a bonus it includes E B H!!!

I know I haven't done any trees yet but they will come here soon so don't worry I will forest the area...

Now on to the second portion here is a zoom 1 pic of E aka Edwardston...

This is the first actual time I planned a route out at all and here is a MS Paint job of it... I did use the original region view without any names for this plan... Since I don't have a scanner I figured that this would be the next best way for me to draw up my plans... OK so here is the deal the black line is the Rail and the grey line is the Road plan... I made this choice for the ease of this route as DOT says something along the lines the quickest way from point A - M is a turn or two lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

We asked for 2 pictures only and not 4 in Challenge 1. Please delete the two that are not valid for the challenge, so we know which one to judge. Never post more pictures in your challenge thread than asked for, next time a penality point will be given.
Other pictures you can show in another thread that you may open in your board. Thanks for understanding.

mrb and lynncanox ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

OK the first post pic taken care of sorry about that Fred... Now it was said if I showed a planning map of my route that a bonus point would be given if there was a explaination too?? So should I post this route planning pic in my other thread?

mrbisonm

%confuso

I am confused now.....I hoped that a planning picture would be just a simple plan made with paint or photoshop and not another regionview. You should have put the planning picture of the region in another colour or something at least. Anyways, Just tell me which is the planning picture and which is your challenge 1 picture.
I presume that the plan is the one with the words *Transit Planner* on it, and theChallenge thing the one with all the citynames, right?  Just confirm please. Thanks.....lol....sorry for not seeing the right thing right away.......I just wanna make sure and not misjudge anyone.
Btw, you can show the planning here.

mrb

Pat

OK Fred I think I gotten it straightend up now?? Lemme know if that is better, thanks Patrick

mrbisonm

Thaks Pat, sorry to be such a pain in the......forgot where....lol. It's just a matter of being 100% certain. Thanks again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge.

mrb/lynncanox

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Very good choice to have crossed the river here.
B. Excellent idea to contour the mountains instead of bringing them over the top or creating a tunnel with expensive construction costs.
c.  3 bridges for the price of one? Bridges cost money and alot of it, so this wasn't a good idea. Maintenance cost will be higher also.
D.  and E.  are good choices again to cross the rivers.

Shame we don't give points for the picture because this is very nicely done. Good work. Congratulations and good luck with challenge 2.

Lynn and Fred

Pat

I never thought about the 3 for the price of one eeks bad me..... I personally hate tunnels and having to go threw and about and around a mountain if the choice is there its for me... I take it as a scenic drive threw a nice country area.... Thank you Fred and Lynn!!!!