• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

XD Challenge 1

Started by XiahouDun, March 18, 2009, 04:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

So after getting the challenge, I wanted to try a recreation of Highway 1 in California. Played around with the idea for a bit, but ultimately decided I wanted to do a winding hills/mountain road 3RR style.

Full disclosure, the train going through Tile 1 did a little bit of damage to the hill it tunnels through.

And the shot from Tile B
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

mightygoose

in addition your roadbridge in tile A is my rail bridge in tile A :)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge.

We would like to see the region in regionview in trafficview and with the citytiles showing please. Thank you.

mrb/lynncanox

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

XiahouDun

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

mrbisonm

Thanks, we weren't sure if the rails ran over 5 or 6 tiles.

mrb

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Although this looks very nice, seen by the Governor this is money thrown away. Contouring the mountain would have been a better choice.
B.  The same here, especially rails in mountains are quite expensive, therefor not a good idea to have started the rails here.
C.  Following the foothills looks nice, not always the best thing to do, but we see it often irl.
D.  Crossing the grandriver here with the rails is a very idea , also where the road crosses it is welcomed.
E. Nice contouring of the hills again, not that it gave you points, but it looks good.
F.  Good choice of rivercrossing again.

This map would have been an easy 8 if it wasn't for the hills crossing of both rails and roads.  Good work well done and a total of 6 points allowed which is quite good. Congratulations and good luck.

Lynn and Fred

XiahouDun

Hehe, the two things I toiled with the most being the low points. As Top Gear would say "ambitious but rubbish" :D

Pat

Quote from: XiahouDun on March 25, 2009, 10:38:20 PM
As Top Gear would say "ambitious but rubbish" :D

XD there on that one Eric lol  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie