• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 2 BorderTown Power and Water....

Started by Pat, March 20, 2009, 08:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

CHALLENGE 2

««« When the Governor drove through the Bordertown region on Your newly constructed road , he realized that the region was actually still quite empty and spacious. So he decided that it was time to do something about this and saw many possibilities.

The next day he had the Secretary write a letter to each Mayor to announce his plans of urbanizing the region.
"Let's sell the lands to our sims for a good and acceptable prize and bring in some immigrants to cultivate, live, work and to raise their families here. That will bring us a lot of taxes later on. The future is ours and let's make it a great one and let the region flourish." he wrote to the mayors, but first here is what he wants you to manage now. »»»

So that is it... The news came quickly across my desk as I was about to wrap it up for the night... Man its been a busy last few days here in my office planning a new train station that can effectifly handle immigrants well not so much now is new sims to our fine cities....

Man I tell you that Governor Bisonm is quite the guy to trust me to develop his land... I am so honored and horrified in the same breath here by such a responsibility wow... So a couple of months ago Gov told me to have the rails and roads constructed which we finally gotten done and now its time to build up some Power Plants and Water Treatment faculties...

Hmmm siiiiiiigh OK now I got to plan out the name here for these two or should it be since the Gov is funding these projects have a same board of directors???  Ya know what? What the heck why not just have the BorderTown Public Utilities form now!!!

Ureka's thats it!!! BPU or Bordertown Public Utilities is now in charge of both power and water for this region!!!  OK its late and I will come back later to my desk to show some devolpment pictures here of what has happend...

I took a few days out of the office to think about the plans for the plants and what I could tell BPU in where they could build... OK so we got to figure out how to supply for up to 25 k in sims now that should be pretty easy right? Hmmm crum I dunno.... Here is what I am going to do at this time is go out and survey a few area's where we can get these plants built asap and get some sims coming into the area!!! I'll be back later with the pics of the area!!!

Few more days out of the office and Now I had forgotten about what I needed to do... I got the Power Plants up and running and also the Water Plant as well...  Now I got to add another Route to the road system, man governer would keal haul me if he found out I didnt plan right for that one.... Anyways Route 20 will be coming off from Route 10 in the Town of Edwardston and ending in Grace Stone Quad... Lets see here I think I might have a photo of the planned Route 20?? Ahhh yes I do and here it is,

OK so that is Route 20 Planning and that is all got for now.... I will be back in the Office later today after a goods night rest!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK so I gotten final word that Route 20 is completed and here is the new picture of it....

Alright then so that is done and taken care thanks to DOT who advised that would be a perfect addition to allow better development of the Towns of Drager, Grace Stone and Hanover Park...  So next on the agenda is the work on the BPU and I think we will be building in Edwardston... So here is the Power Plant,

Now here is the Water Plant,

Here is some residential locations for the workers for both plants,

Sansburry has been desingated housing project for the workers of the Water Plant... BPU Board of Dircetors felt that was the best way to keep the workers happy by giving them a home to really keep them plugged in...

Same way with Homestead Housing Project where as its for the workers for the Power Plant... Again the the Board felt it best to keep the workers happy and well watered....

I think that takes care of it for now... If I have any more photos laying around I will make sure to get them up!!!

Patrick

Assistant to the Governor of Bordertown

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Wow Pat! I like that little pond you placed where the creek and River come together. It simulates a low lying marshy area perfectly. I tried to do some plop rocks along the river banks in my pictures but could not get them to look right. And I'm sitting here wondering how you did it while I could not.  :'(    I guess you practice.

Nice screen grabs, all.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Thank you Jim!!! It does take a little time and belief it or not it took me a loong time just to get the shores right in what I was visioning them...  The Pond took a little sculpting an time which I am glad it turned out good...

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens each in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

mrbisonm

Judgement of Challenge 2

A.  "The new route went and came back", the Governor said, "strange".
Not quite realistic for a federal road to turn around like this in three citytiles and not using the possibility to access unknown terrain elsewhere like the much better possibilities that were up in the northeast. Sorry, we gave 2 points for the route challenge.
B.   Good choice of powerlots, looking good. Not too badly situated in comparison to residentials and good thinking of combining the two in this case. We gave you 4 points for your power challenge.
C.   Nice choice of lots for the watersystem, nicely done and organized. We gave you 5 points for the water challenge.

A Total of 11 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, fairly well done, unfortunetly the route  position was illogical to us, but fortunetly the water lots we liked a lot. Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

Edit: Very nice story, we both liked it.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Thank you Fred and Lynn for your hard work with this and I am glad the story worked!!! YAY!!!  I honestly didnt know which way to turn for route 20 but rest assured the new and last offical route will be a bit better planned out!!