• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

mrb's Challenge 2

Started by mrbisonm, April 02, 2009, 10:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

Road
The layout of the road looks good and all there is to say about it are said. The road is worth a solid 4 points.
Power
I really like your wind farm, the idea is really creative. The lots used looks very good. But to rely on the wind as the only source of power is risky, if there is no wind no power is produced and if winds are too strong the wind turbines may need to be shut down due to stress on the blades.
You get a 4 from me.
Water
Your water facilities looks great, nice idea and well executed, but I feel as some others do that it seems a bit too small to support that many people.
And also for this challange you have earned a 4.

This makes a total of 12 points, good work!

TheTeaCat

Hey Mr B its time for my comments :thumbsup:

Road - Good placement in allowing new areas to be reached but you didn't follow your own rules to the letter $%Grinno$%
Quote from: mrbisonm on March 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM
C.  Then one last favour the Governor asks is to build another road/street/SAM (only and nothing else, no RHW, no oneways, no Hgwys, no blvds), starting from the point of that tile where in challenge 1 you showed us a picture in mayormode (tile B, E or H only) to anywhere on the map connecting to the neighboring region (simnation) and crossing at least 3 (three) other citytiles. (maximum crossing of 5 tiles). Give it a number or name and mention it. Then explain in a few words why you decided as a mayor to have chosen this trajectory of the new road. We would like to see a region picture in transportation mode please.
yours only passes through 2 tiles. Just a little turn to the left would have brought it through another tile and given you more points.
Unfortunately this means that I can only give 3 points for the route.

Power - Excellent choice of location to avail of the prevailing winds. Good choice of bats too but the location of the substation to me is too close to the river. It wouldn't take too much for the river to rise and flood this substation causing a major loss of power to the region.
due to this I can only give 4 points

Water -  Once again great choice of bats and location, cant find too many faults (maybe a little small as mentioned before) here as long as there no major polluters upstream then all should be fine. 4 Points awarded for this part of the challenge.

therefore 3+4+4= 11 points in total

All in all very good but you'd better follow the rules or you'll lose more points :D :D

Regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

I accept all your points, they are all well judged and some comments are true and right on the nail, like the one that I missed my own rule and building the road through 3 more tiles, which I didn't. Good observation!
Flooding the electrical substation is a possibility, the pump being too small......hm....maybe not, pumps like this can produce quite a quantity of water and since this region is VERY young and no farms have direct access to the river, plooution wouldn't be a big problem neither, for now, but you're right, it could have been in a better place.  Besides this most comments are reasonable and some are serious to think about.
Thanks and keep the points coming, you got until midnight tomorrow night, when I will calculate the average of my hard earned points.

You have all done an excellent job on judging.  :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BarbyW

I didn't comment on Challenge 1 but will on this.
I agree with TTC on the road so 3 points from me on that.
I am a little concerned about the placement of the wind turbines and also the complete reliance on them. Even in my RL area we use a mix of wind turbines, nuclear, waste incineration and hydro electric. However I like the way you have done this so give 4.
The water is a little more problematic. Not only does it not look as though it would sustain a high population but your workers' houses are also very close to the plant. A more extensive system would have looked better and also it may have been better moved off the island to the mainland. 3 points from me on that.
A total of 10 points for Challenge 2.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

just_a_guy

Time for my comments:
Road
     The fact that it didn't follow your own rules does bring down a whole point. Another thing is the fact that it has more than one bridge on it's route which as it was said a lot in challenge 1, it costs a lot more. So....  3 points
Power
     Your idea is very nice! I like how you went ahead and thought "green". There also seems to be space for added capacity. But it is true that there should be some other source of energy other than the windmills just in case. Something I also noticed that no one here I think has is the fact that your housing complex is too big for the actual workers needed. Usually when these things are at a small scale housing complexes are usually not provided. Instead the workers homes start off the new town. Maybe those homes on the island should be the homes to the workers of both the power and water facilities. So for this you get......... 4 points
Water
     Although the idea is nice, it doesn't seem to have a lot of capacity. That or it won't be enough very soon. Again, the housing is to big (same thing applies as in the power part). For this you get...... 3.5 points

So in total 10.5 points
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

mrbisonm

So here is my pointage:

Thanks for judging, next time I hope that there will be more players to judge.
I have 132 points from 11 Voters, meaning the average is a solid 12 points for my version of challenge 2.

You have given me a total of 12 Points.

I have seen and accepted my error of not respecting the challenge of making a route over 3 *other* tiles. Better luck next time.... ;)  That will now be added to the pointage sheet.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)