• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

XD Challenge 2

Started by XiahouDun, April 07, 2009, 05:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

The overview of the new Route 3, starting in Tile B and running south out of tile H

Shots of the regional power plant located in tile D. I wanted to use a combination of lots to make it look like a more realistic powerplant, and fencing for security :thumbsup:

GRV's newest water treatment plant and pumping station. The super pump system  next to the treatment facility is powerful enough to pump water for miles. This facility uses the increased waterflow of the fork in the river of tile E to produce more drinkable water at a faster rate.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

soulchaser

Looks quite nice, but your Plant's Base Textures are missing!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Korot

It only are the textures of the surrounding fence. Perhaps he made them transparent and went to underground view, causing the Hole to China bug, also known as the water bug, if I'm not mistaking.

XiahouDun

Yeah, water bugged and I didn't notice it when i posted, going to fix that here in a little bit when I get the chance. Thanks for pointing it out to me :thumbsup:

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

Hint: Next time do not take pictures with the grid on, it kinda looks.........not very nice, you know? ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

XiahouDun

I went ahead and fixed the images even though its likely too late to matter now.

A side on the water bug for the power plant. It wasn't actually the water bug exactly, just the same effect. Since my Powerplant doesn't have true road access, it had a no road zot. The tastyzots cheat apparently also hides the transparent textures. Doing the waterbug fix re-enabled the zot, so I had to take the shot carefully avoiding the zot being visable.

mrbisonm

Well done. We didn't account for the waterbug nor the grid this time. We will advice the Players in great advance when we will judge the aesthetical side of GRV II.
So don't worry, this time you're ok. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Judgment of challenge 2

A.   Since you used the upper part of your map with the first route, the second one is quite well positioned to give access to the rest of the region. We gave you 4 points for the route challenge.
B.   Location and position of the powerplant is excellent. The fencing added earned you an extra point for detailing. We gave you 5 points for waterplant challenge.
C.   Although very nicely done, we gave you 4 points for your waterpump challenge because it seems to be too big for the use to 15K to 25K population.

Total of 13 Points added to your challenge.

Congratulations, one lot too many used for the waterinstallations in our opinion. Good luck with the next one.

Lynn and Fred