• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge #3

Started by CabraBuitre, April 15, 2009, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CabraBuitre

Challenge #3 will be posted here!

Check out Abelfarei!

CabraBuitre

Sorry for racing the clock (as usual...).  I'm working on this currently, will post as soon as I can!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

make sure to get this done as soon as possible....and no later than today.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CabraBuitre

Sorry it's late... I'm posting currently.

Check out Abelfarei!

CabraBuitre

Another day, another "request" from the Governor.  This was for yet another road through the region.  Mayor Cabra was thinking about where he'd route the next regional road.  He decided to run it through the remaining areas that didn't have a regional road.  Route 22 enters Ghiglieri in tile D, cuts through E and enters F, where it meets up with Highway 10 to cross the Grand River.  After running concurrently with Highway 10, Route 22 jets off to the East and follows the path of the river a little bit.  Then it shoots north to tile K before leaving the region.  Now, each tile has access to a national road.

Not much else had changed in Ghiglieri.  Both the north and the south had a town supporting the essential utilities:

Two shots of tile B:

And two of tile I:

After feeling good about his most recent move, connecting the region, Mayor Cabra decided to go spend the weekend at the hot springs in tile B.  As he crossed the Highway 10/Route 22 bridge, in tile F, though, he saw something in his way.  There was a roadblock and protesters blocking the path on 10/22.  Mayor Cabra slowed and got out of the car, demanding to know what was going on.

The leader, Hooshmand Kadkhodaian, said that the north half of Ghiglieri had seceded from the southern half.  He said that the Northerners had voiced their grievances and these grievances had not been addressed, so they decided to break away from Ghiglieri proper and create a new land (for which they had not yet come up with a suitable name...). 

"What are these grievances you say you've voiced?" asked Mayor Cabra.

"You mean you didn't get our letter?" said Hooshmand.

"Uh... no, no I didn't," said Mayor Cabra.

"Well, for one... WE HAVE NO MAIL SYSTEM!" screamed Hooshmand.  "We slave away, doing the majority of the manual labor around here, building all of your fancy roads and bridges, and we don't have any way of writing home to Mom.  Without a mail system, we simply cannot be a part of Ghiglieri.  We tried to write some letters to Governor Bison, but these were ignored too.  ... Largely because they didn't have any way of being sent."

"Wow," said Mayor Cabra.  "The national mail service doesn't come out here yet... I mean, this region has only been established for about a month or so.  We've all been using email to communicate to our loved ones.  Doesn't that work for you?"

"NO!" screamed Hooshmand.  "And furthermore... we're sick of you southerners polluting our hot springs.  This region is off limits to you indefinitely!"

And with that, Hooshmand closed the gate so Mayor Cabra could not pass and the protesters barred the way.

"Oh, and one more thing," Hooshmand hollered from behind the closed gate.  "I can't believe you had the nerve to wait a week and a half after our protest began to come and address these grievances."

"A week and a half?  I've been busy in the office and I guess nobody came this way to let us know.  Just text me next time... seriously... I would have driven over right away!"

"Unacceptable!" yelled Hooshmand.

Mayor Cabra turned around and went home.  He immediately ordered a checkpoint on the south end of the 10/22 bridge with some light fencing.  He didn't want to instigate the Northerners... but he still wanted to be safe. 

He also ordered the rail crossing to the east of the 10/22 bridge blocked to the east in Tile F.  This rail line terminated in the north and headed back through the south before it connected to the rest of the nation.  It wasn't as secure as he would have liked, but with such a lack of materials and equipment, it was as good as could be done.  He hoped to get this little disagreement smoothed over quickly, so it wasn't worth it to make something permanent.

To keep the Northerners under wrap, he commanded Highway J to be blocked, too, in tile E.  Some lumberjacks had been working nearby and earned a bit of overtime.

And finally, Mayor Cabra was concerned about the water supply... the Northern Rebels controlled the springs and so as to not make Ghiglieri susceptible to any tampering, Mayor Cabra wanted a direct source, which was pumped from the freshwater lake in tile G.  A new settlement sprang up to provide homes for the workers and to reduce the the damage of droughts, they constructed a beautiful water tower on the spot as well.

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

A.   It is a good , maybe not the best, way to have built route 22 through your region and we gave you 4 points for accessing more unavailable landstripes.
B.   Very good to excellent use of loggingprops to cut off the rails and we liked the fence also, although we wanted to see a temporary barrier. Because of the combination of the forest, trees, bolders and machinery we decided to give you 5 points for the cutoff challenge.
C.  For the development of your region we had no other choice than to give you 4 points , although we personnally didn't like the colourful buildings that look like toyboxes abnd some of the farms, which look absolutely unnatural to us, we decided to give you 4 points the same, because it touched pour personal likings and we cannot allow to have that influence our judging. We would have given you only 2 points otherwise.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

Could use some more developments in your region, the logging scene was excellent and well observed. Very good work and good luck with the separatists.
judge of GRV 2 Challenge