• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3 – Splitsville

Started by newsimaddict, April 30, 2009, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsimaddict

"Gentlemen...SILENCE! Please let's listen to what this is all about first...and then panic!" yelled Governor Freddy. With the tone of his voice so loud, we all were shocked that he could raise his voice, let alone tell us to shut up!

With days of turmoil and RL, the Governor's request was questioned, thought, dreamt and generally had no clue about. That and with the Mayor's dumb brains was seen to be a recipe for disaster.

With tourism, cars and travel on the increase, more and more accidents were seen on the roads, concerning the local road councils.

With the main cause of accidents contributed to slow drivers on Sunday drives, local scientists shocked GRVII-ians by releasing a statement saying that the pink wildflowers on the outskirts of Borderbank South (that were so lovely to see in the spring) was in fact a native outbreak of the infectious Pink Wildflower Curse.

With farmers already developed on the northern river lands, road breaks and quarantine stations were implemented on both sides of the river to restrict further contamination across the Northern side of GRVII.

Farmers rejoiced! Their farms were saved from both the Pink Wildflower disease and the dreaded Southern Sunday drivers.

Farmer Joe was relieved – rather than having to replace missing fences that the Southern Sunday drivers used to take (as mementos of their drive); he could now afford to relax on his tractor and feed his cattle. With the bridges disconnected and the Southern Sunday drivers no longer allowed up north, the residents of the now 'Northern GRV' were delighted that their fertile farm country and utilities no longer had to be shared.

With the separation came new technology, cricket matches...and mobile phones!

The overall move to separate GRV into 2 smaller states was initially deemed to be a risky move by all, however with a soft transition and the accidental release of the Pink Wildflower virus by...ahhh...oops, it is with the current Mayor's decision that we maintain support of the Northern state. With higher country and prettier surroundings than its neighbour, I also want to protect the farms that I LE'd over the past couple of weeks (selfish I know).

Safe mayoring!

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

A.   You didn't have much choice to have chosen this way to build your new route 26, because of route 5 and 10's position, but to see a federal route to stop right in the middle of nowhere was contrary to our expectations. We gave you a weak 4 points for the route challenge because it it stops all of sudden , but had the good direction.
B.   The use of some very nice customlots and the way it was all arranged, plus the fact that the fences were short enough to have been bulit overnight, but some places looked a litlle difficult to be real to us and we gave you 4 points for the nicely detailed cutoff challenge.
C.   Your region looks nice. Your farms are wonderful, something we both enjoyed, so is the town. They look real and very detailed. No other than 5 points for the regional works challenge.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

We liek your style of countryside, hope that you will be as good when it comes to big town building. Good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

newsimaddict

Thank you Lynn and Fred.

The farms are my favourite part at the mo.  :)
Playing the game, I never get to the point when all of the high-level content farms build... so when i opened LE and look through all the BSC and JMyers farms for ideas - well they're just fantastic! All the props and barns etc really makes it hard to custom build because you don't know which one to use!

Now if I could just get them to build, it would save me tons of time!  ;)