• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3

Started by cameron1991, May 01, 2009, 06:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

Cutting the deadline a bit close, but here's my Challenge 3  :D

I have chosen the South part of my region to keep control of because I have done most of my work in there and I don't want to loose it all.
Also Route 30 can be seen in the southern part of the region, I built it there as it was the only part to not have road access.

The only bridge between the north and south regions has been blocked by the separatists. Two APCs and a Leopard tank discourage anyone from trying to break across the border.

The Bordertown Region currently has three towns. One is located to the north (in tile B) and is home to the poor people of the region. It is beside the power plant and suffers from a lot of pollution.

The other two towns are located in the southern part of the region.
One is located in tile E and the governor intended this to be the main town of the region, but the sims thought otherwise and now it's only home to about 200 sims and the rail depot.

The last town is located in tile I and is the main town of the region. It is home to the only mall in the region and also has a lot of shops and small offices. Most of the townspeople here have moved on from farming and into commercial services.

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

A.   Having chosen this way for the new route 30 was an excellent and probably the best idea to be built. We gave you 5 points for the route challenge.
B.  Since you have no other bridges crossing the Grand River than the mainroute, we decided to give you 4 points for the simple and effective road control point with military surveillance.
C.   Your towns look actually very good although there's a lot of repetition and a too serious systematic building in the first picture and some unlogical "out of the town" commercial buildings, we gave you 4 points for the regional works challenge.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

Road and street layouts are perfect, so are the farms. There are some commercials too far from the center of the town in the last picture. Good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

CabraBuitre

I think that should be 13... 5+4+4= 13

Check out Abelfarei!

lynncanox

You are right Cabra Buitre, Fred calculated to fast I think. I corrected it now. Thank you. I think I will calculate all of the others tomorrow.
Salutations, Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge