• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4

Started by cameron1991, May 02, 2009, 05:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

Here is my challenge 4.
My orders as I understood them were:

Build a new township in Tile F with a population larger than 2,000.
Connect power to the new town from Tile E
Connect the rail from the depot in the South to a new depot in the north and create a new passenger spur to head to the east.
Have road access to Route 20

And here are my orders for JJ:
As your new separatist leader, I demand that you do a number of things for me in tile E.

Firstly I demand that you build a new power plant directly east across the small stream that feeds the main Border Town River. It can be any power plant other than a coal one as we don't want lots of smog drifting through our town. Do not make it too big as we don't have enough people here to run a large scale operation!

Secondly I demand that you build a new small elementary school between the rail line and the feeder river directly east of the town. Do not build it too close to the rail lines as we don't want our children to stray out on to the lines and get hit by trains. We are tired of being poor and a school will help our children get better jobs in the future.

And lastly I want you to build a new R$ subdivision around the school. Make sure the houses are are not blocks of flats as we are sick of living in those. We want something similar to the houses to the far west of the town. The subdivision must also include at least 10 tiles of parks in and around the area as we are sick of being cramped in flats and want to be able to have some exercise and fresh air!

So here are my pictures of what I've done for challenge 4.

First is a picture of my monument. It was built in the town in Tile I beside the field hockey park.

Next is a picture of the break in the rail line that connects the North and South regions.

A picture of the power lines that connect to the power plant in tile B which provides power to the town in Tile E.

And finally here are a few pictures showing the rest of the development in Tile E.

newsimaddict

Cameron 1991
You have been watched from the shadows and now it is time to act! Your rich citizens from the South have had it easy for far too long and now the 'poor of the North' will rise to the challenge.

As the Separatist leader, I order you to do the following:

Build a new township in Tile F - population larger than 2,000. (The south has more population and development so let's even up the score)
I see your decision for a poor North to be appropriate - please ensure that all buildings and streets reflect this (within reason of course!)

Connect power to the new township from the neighbouring poor town (tile E) - sharing is caring!

In the same tile, connect the rail to the North side from your current rail depot in the South to a new depot/Industrial Estate on the Northside. In between the bridge and the depot, please create a passenger spur to head to the east (future development).

Whilst I understand your reasoning for the lack of rail in the North (reason mentioned in 1st challenge I believe), I feel that this is an unfair advantage for the South to only have access to. The new depot will be the beating heart of the new town, please ensure there is appropriate street/road access to Route 20. (As per last challenge, please put the break in the rail track so we don't break any rules - thanks!)

Good luck. If you would like to raise any points, council is open to suggestion.

mrbisonm

Reminder:

The deadline is a little over 24 hours, don't forget!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  The demands to your adversary were clear and well thought about and we gave you 5 points.

2.  The realizations of your adversary's demands were done correctly, although a litlle poor in effort, but still quite well done, so we gave you a solid 4 points for this.

3.  Your statue is excellent and we both agreed on 5 points.

Nice doing, good railways and some good developpings. For this challenge we have given you a total of 14 points and have added them to Your total of the challenges.

Fred and Lynn