• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4: XiahouDun's Commands

Started by Splime, May 02, 2009, 08:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

This is the placeholder thread for XiahouDun to make his commands.

You can find more info about the region in my Main thread and Challenge threads, including a full road map.

(Oh, and just remember that you control the north.)

Splime

These are the orders I placed in BarbyW's region:

QuoteMayor BarbyW,

We have the following commands for the north of this region:

A) Utilities: Currently we are leeching our supplies from the Hightowners (That's the south, right?). This is unacceptable, and we must build power facilities sufficient enough for at least 25,000 sims. They must not pollute, or we will be just as bad as the Hightowners that destroyed our forests.

B) Trees: As a memorial to the destruction that was done to our forests before independence, you must replant some forests, and make a small trail so that our people may enjoy them. Also, build some sort of small memorial (such as a statue) either along the trail or as the destination.

C) Towns: Hightown's population puts us to shame. Getting a larger population is critical to the international acceptance of our movement, and so you must choose a tile, and build a fairly large town. It should be able to house and work at least 10,000 sims. (This is a guideline, since you may not be able to count how many sims you have on your side if you're building on a border tile.) It is understood that these people will come from people who sympathize with our cause, coming from the south and other areas internationally.

That is what we need to happen. Good luck, and don't let us down.

EDIT: Just realized this all has to be in one tile from the Challenge 4 Rules... So I choose tile A!

XiahouDun

There, now that we have our attention Mayor Splime, we have a list of demands for you to go over. We like to think they are reasonable, and that you should have no problem accommodating us. Our demands for tile D are as follows:

1) We need space! We want a residential area to house 1000-5000 people, and some distance between these houses. You can have no more than 3 lots side by side before giving 1 tile of seperation. We need room to stretch out and for our children to play.

2) Recreation is a must. We want a small sports facility of some kind, as well as at least 1 park that is 5x5 tiles.

3) Education is even more important. We want an elementary school, high school, and a library. At least one of these needs to be near the park that you have built for our demands.

I think we have been more than reasonable in our demands. Good day sir.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Splime

Sure, we will fulfill your demands. However, I have a question: Is a school that covers elementary and high school in one lot fine? Or should they be separate facilities?

XiahouDun

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mike3775

Now you see why he insists on schools being built  :)

XiahouDun

Wow, being insulted for a spelling error, classy &mmm

Splime

My other question, should the tile be just residential, or include some commercial or farms?

XiahouDun

You can include them if you would like.

mike3775

Quote from: XiahouDun on May 05, 2009, 04:38:10 PM
Wow, being insulted for a spelling error, classy &mmm

I wasn't insulting you, I thought you did that on purpose as a reason onwhy you wanted to separate the schools

Sorry if you took it the wrong way

Splime

XiahouDun, I hope those orders are final, because I went ahead and made most of the town, and it looks pretty good (in my opinion). I should have the official post and pictures up soon.

Splime

(Click for Full Image)
The map above shows my progress in filling the region up to this point. Darker gray represents R, C, and non-Ag I zones, as well as major buildings like power plants. Lighter Gray is the farming area. (Note to mrb: I'm counting this map as a picture of my progress in the region. Please let me know if it won't work, and I'll get another picture.)

Some of the recent developments include this row of shops in East Splimoville. Technically this area is designated as Southeast Splimoville, as it is the southern side of East Splimoville. However, the Northern side is uninhabited, as the new corporate government destroyed plans for building there.

In Larford, a memorial to the separation has been built in the form of a hedge maze. It shows that things are far more difficult when walls are built. However, this wasn't good enough for one Larford resident, who built his own "monument" to his feelings about the separation. The image has been blurred so that VlatCorp residents are not offended.

Quote from: XiahouDunThere, now that we have our attention Mayor Splime, we have a list of demands for you to go over. We like to think they are reasonable, and that you should have no problem accommodating us. Our demands for tile D are as follows:

1) We need space! We want a residential area to house 1000-5000 people, and some distance between these houses. You can have no more than 3 lots side by side before giving 1 tile of seperation. We need room to stretch out and for our children to play.

2) Recreation is a must. We want a small sports facility of some kind, as well as at least 1 park that is 5x5 tiles.

3) Education is even more important. We want an elementary school, high school, and a library. At least one of these needs to be near the park that you have built for our demands.

I think we have been more than reasonable in our demands. Good day sir.

(Click for Full Image)
XiahouDun recently rose through the corporate ranks in VlatCorp (Northern Country), and is now the Mayor. His first order was an experiment a bit unlike standard procedure, in that the first things to be built were an elementary school, a high school, and a library. These were the first educational buildings built in VlatCorp, where education used to be the same as work training. The area also included a large park. (Since parks can have sports facilities in them, I made it big enough so that it could hypothetically be two different facilities.)

This was the first time I've done any serious work with ploppable water, and I thought it looked good, so here's a close-up.

Finally, three pictures of the housing, built to XiahouDun's specifications:

(By the way, the main road in the west is named XiahouDun Road. You can see it more clearly on the map at the top of this post.)

Addendum (May 12 2009): I seem to have misread the challenge requirements, and posted the wrong orders. (I thought you wanted the orders given to me, not from me. Here's the orders I gave out:

QuoteMayor BarbyW,

We have the following commands for the north of this region:

A) Utilities: Currently we are leeching our supplies from the Hightowners (That's the south, right?). This is unacceptable, and we must build power facilities sufficient enough for at least 25,000 sims. They must not pollute, or we will be just as bad as the Hightowners that destroyed our forests.

B) Trees: As a memorial to the destruction that was done to our forests before independence, you must replant some forests, and make a small trail so that our people may enjoy them. Also, build some sort of small memorial (such as a statue) either along the trail or as the destination.

C) Towns: Hightown's population puts us to shame. Getting a larger population is critical to the international acceptance of our movement, and so you must choose a tile, and build a fairly large town. It should be able to house and work at least 10,000 sims. (This is a guideline, since you may not be able to count how many sims you have on your side if you're building on a border tile.) It is understood that these people will come from people who sympathize with our cause, coming from the south and other areas internationally.

That is what we need to happen. Good luck, and don't let us down.

EDIT: Just realized this all has to be in one tile from the Challenge 4 Rules... So I choose tile A!

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

CabraBuitre

That unofficial statue is PEG on if I do say so...!   ;)  Great work!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  Your orders given were very good and not exagerated nor too demanding. We gave you 4 points for this.

2.  Fulfilling the demands of your adversary were done excellently. Detailed as we like it and a lot of effort added. We had no other choice than to give you a solid 5 points for this.

3.  The Monument challenge is very original and well done and situated. % points were given plus 1 Bonus point for originality.

Great update well executed. Keep it up. We liked the monument park with the maze and description, very original. 14 points were added to your total, along with 1 Bonus point which makes this a total of 15 points.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)